McFly Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed]

+2
HannaWestwood
ChloeRussellx
6 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed] - Page 3 Empty Re: Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed]

Post by ChloeRussellx Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:54 pm

♥ C H A P T E R | F O U R T E E N ♥
When my eyes finally peeled open, I saw that my pillow consisted of denim and legs. Dougie sat with his back to the bath, his head leaned against the wall, passed out cold.
He looked as rough as I felt. I pulled the blanket off of me and stood up, gasping at my horrifying reflection in the mirror.
I looked like death.
Mascara smeared, black tear stains down my cheek, lipstick smudged across my mouth, and my hair had balls of rats on each side.
Sheets, towels and blankets surrounded Dougie. He had made a soft pallet to sleep on while I expelled the fifteen shots of Sambuca I managed to get through. Dougie had held my hair out of the toilet, and sat with me all night.
I turned on the tap, holding my hand under the water until it was the right temperature.
Scrubbing the mess from my face, I heard a groan from the floor. Dougie stirred, rubbed his eyes and stretched, then looked beside him, jerking in a panic.
“I’m right here,” I said, “Why don’t you go to bed? Get some sleep?”
“You okay?” he asked, wiping his eyes once more.
“Yeah, I’m good. Well, as good as I’ll ever be. I’ll feel better once I get a shower.”
He stood up. “You took my crazy title last night. I don’t want you to do it again, babe, it scared me.”
“It’s basically what I grew up around, Doug. No big deal.”
He took my chin in his hands and wiped the remaining smeared mascara from under my eyes with his thumb. “I have something to tell you, if you promise not to freak out.”
“Oh, God. What did I do?”
“Nothing. But you need to call Chloe.”
“Where is she?”
“Back at your room. She got into a row with Dan last night.”
I rushed through my shower and yanked on the clothes that Dougie had left on the sink. When I walked into the living room, Danny was sat on the sofa, looking as if he’d been crying, Dougie was beside him.
“What did you do to her?” I demanded.
Danny looked at me. “She’s really angry with me, I don’t think she’s gonna talk to me for a while.”
“What happened?!”
“I was mad that she encouraged you to drink so much. I thought we were going to end up taking you to the hospital. One thing led to another, and the next thing I know, we were screaming at each other. We were both drunk, Heidi. I said some things I cant take back,” he shook his head, looking at the floor.
“Like what?” I said, angry.
“I called her a few names I’m not proud of and then told her to leave.”
“You let her leave alone, drunk, and in the dark? Are you a fucking idiot?” I said, grabbing at my handbag.
“Easy, babe. He feels bad enough,” Dougie said.
I fished my mobile out of my bag, dialling Chloe’s number.
“Hello?” she answered. She sounded awful.
“I just heard,” I sighed. “Are you okay?” I walked down the hall for privacy, glancing back once to throw Danny a dirty look. “I’m fine. He’s a dick head,” her words were abrupt, but I could hear the hurt in her voice. “I’m sorry, I didn’t go with you.”
“You were out of it, Heidi,” she said, dismissively.
“Why don’t you come get me? We’ll talk about it.”
She breathed into the phone. “I don’t know. I don’t really feel like seeing him.”
“I’ll tell him to stay inside, then.”
“All right. I’ll be there in a minute.”
I walked into the living room. They watched me open the door to wait for Chloe, and Danny scooted forward on the sofa.
“She doesn’t want to see you, Dan. I told her you’d stay inside.” he sighed, and fell against the cushion.
“She hates me.”
“I’ll talk to her. You better get one amazing apology together, though.”
When I got outside the building, and was walking to Chloe’s car, Danny rushed past me, and hunched over to see her through the window. She rolled down her window completely and Danny seemed to be explaining and then they began arguing. “Babe?” Dougie said, trotting towards me.
“It doesn’t look good.”
“Let them figure it out. Come inside,” he said, intertwining his fingers in mine and lead me back into the apartment. “Was it that bad?”
He nodded. “It was pretty bad. They’re just getting out of the honeymoon stage though. They’ll work it out.”
“For someone that’s never had a girlfriend, you seem to know a lot about relationships.”
“I have four brothers and a lot of friends,” he said, grinning to himself.
Danny stomped into the apartment and slammed the door behind him. “She’s fucking impossible!”
I kissed Dougie on the cheek. “That’s my cue.”
“Good luck,” Dougie smiled.
I slid into the car beside Chloe and she huffed. “He’s fucking impossible!”
I giggled, but she shot me a glare.
We set out for a drive and Chloe yelled, and cried, and yelled some more. At times she broke into rants that seemed to be directed at Danny as if he were sitting in my place. “He called me irresponsible! Me! As if I don’t know you! As if I havent seen you rob your dad of hundreds by drinking twice as much. He doesn’t know what your life was like! He doesn’t know what I know, and he acts like I’m his child instead of his girlfriend!” She took a breath and carried on. “he thought you would be the reason we wouldn’t work out, and then he ended up doing the job on his own. And speaking of you, what the hell was that last night with Alex?”
The sudden change of topic took me by surprise.
“What do you mean?”
“Dougie threw you that party, Heidi, and you go off with Alex, you may aswell have been fucking him to add to it! And you wonder why everyone’s talking about you!”
“Hold on a minute! I told Alex we shouldn’t be back there. It doesn’t matter if Dougie threw e the party or not? I’m not with him!”
Chloe looked straight ahead, blowing a puff of air from her nose.
“All right, what is it? You’re mad at me too, now?”
“I’m not mad at you. I just don’t associate with complete idiots.”
“I shook my head, and then looked out of the window before I said something I couldn’t take back.
“Do you even see what’s going on?” she asked.
“Dougie hasn’t had a fight since he met you. He doesn’t go out without you, he hadn’t played a single gig since he met you. He hasn’t brought any girls home since the bimbo twins…he has yet to murder Alex, and you’re worried about what people are saying. You know why that is, Heidi? Because it’s the truth!”
I turned slowly, giving he the dirtiest look I could achieve.
“You’re with Alex now, and you’re so happy,” she said in a mocking tone. “Then why are you still at their apartment?”
“Because I lost the bet, you know that!”
“The extra two weeks you’re staying has nothing to do with the stupid bet! You talk about how amazing Alex is, he buys you gifts, then you lay next to Dougie every night. Do you see whats wrong with this situation? If you really liked Alex, your stuff would be at our apartment right now. Dougie is what you want, and Alex is what you think you need.”
“I know it looks that way, but-”
“It looks that way to everyone. So if you don’t like the way people are talking about you- change. It’s not Dougie’s fault. He’s completely changed for you. You’re getting the rewards and Alex is getting the benefits.”
“A week ago you wanted to pack me up and never let Dougie come near me again! Now you’re defending him!”
“Heidi! I am not defending him! I’m looking out for you! You’re both crazy about each other! Do something about it!”
“You’re supposed to be keeping me away from people like him, not wanting us to get together!”
“You’ve worked so hard to separate yourself from your dad. That’s the only reason you’re even considering Alex! He’s the complete opposite of Mick, and you think Dougie is gonna lead you right back where you were. He’s not like that, Heidi.”
“I didn’t say he was, but its putting me in a prime position to follow in his footsteps.”
“Dougie wouldn’t do that to you. I think you underestimate how much you mean to him. If you just tell him-,”
“No. We didn’t leave everything behind to have everyone here look at me the way they did back home. Let’s focus on the problem at hand. Dan is waiting for you.”
“I don’t want to talk about him,” she said, slowing to stop at the light.
“He’s miserable. He loves you.”
Her eyes filled with tears and her bottom lip quivered. “I don’t care.”
“Yes you do.”
“I know,” she whimpered, leaning against my shoulder.
She cried until the light changed, and then I kissed her head. “Green light.”
She sat up, wiping her nose. “I was pretty mean to him earlier. I don’t think he’ll talk to me now.”
“He’ll talk to you, he knew you were mad.”
Chloe wiped her face then made a slow u-turn. I was worried it would take a whole lot of nagging to get her to come with me, but Danny ran down the hallway as we entered the building. He pulled her straight into his arms, “I’m so sorry, baby. I should have minded my own business, I…please don’t leave. I don’t know what I’d do without you.”
Chloe took his face in her hands, “You’re an arrogant arse, but I love you.”
Danny kissed her over and over like he’d not seen her in months, and I smiled at a job well done. Dougie stood in the doorway, grinning as I made my way into the apartment.
“And they lived happily ever after,” Dougie said, shutting the door behind me. I collapsed on the sofa, and he sat next to me, pulling my legs onto his lap. “What do you wanna do today, babe?”
“Sleep. Or rest…or sleep.”
“Can I give you your present, first? It’s not a diamond bracelet, but I thought you’d like it.”
“I’ll love it whatever, Doug.”
He lifted my legs off of his lap, and then disappeared into Danny’s bedroom. I raised an eyebrow when I heard him murmuring, and then he emerged with a box. He sat it on the floor at my feet, crouching behind it.
“Hurry, I want you to be surprised,” he smiled. He lifted the lid. My mouth fell open when a pair of big, dark eyes looked up at me.
“A puppy?” I shrieked, reaching into the box. I lifted the white and brown, wiry-haired baby to my face, and it covered my mouth in warm wet kisses.
Dougie beamed, triumphant. “You like her?”
“Her? I love her! You got me a puppy!”
“I know you like Beagle’s. I had to drive three hours to pick her up.”
“She’s wiggly!” I laughed. Dougie helped me hang onto the little wriggler in my lap.
“She’s like my little Baby. That’s what I’m gonna call her.”
“You can keep her here. I’ll take care of her when you leave for your place,” his mouth pulled up in a half smile, “and its my security that you’ll visit again.”
“I would have come back anyway, Doug.”
“I’d do anything to see that smile that’s on your face right now.”
“I think you need a nap, Baby. Yes you do,” I cooed to the puppy.
Dougie pulled me onto his lap, then stood up, “Come on, then.”
He carried me into his bedroom, pulled back the covers, then lowered me onto the mattress.
“Thanks for staying with me last night,” I said, stroking Baby’s fur as Dougie climbed over me and settled beside me. “You didn’t have to sleep on the bathroom floor.”
“Last night was one of the best nights of my life.”
I turned to see his expression. When I saw that he was serious, I shot him a dubious look.
“Sleeping inbetween the toilet and bath on a cold, hard tile floor with a vomiting idiot was one of your best nights? That’s sad, Doug.”
“No, sitting up with you when you’re sick, and you falling asleep on my lap was one of the best nights. I wasn’t comfortable, I didn’t sleep good, but I brought in your birthday with you, and you’re actually pretty sweet when you’re drunk.”
“I’m sure between the heaving and purging I was very charming.”
He pulled me close, patting Baby who was snuggled up to my neck. “You’re the only woman I know that still looks incredible with your head in the toilet. That’s saying something.”
“Thanks, Doug. I wont make you babysit me again.”
He leaned against his pillow. “Whatever. No one can hold your hair back like I can.”
I giggled and closer my eyes, letting myself sink into the darkness.

“Get up, Heidi!” Chloe yelled, shaking me Baby licked my cheek.
“I’m up! I’m up!”
“We have class in half an hour!”
I jumped from the bed. “I’ve been asleep for…fourteen hours? What the hell?”
“Just get in the shower!”
“I don’t have time for a shower!” I said, changing out the clothes I fell asleep in.
Dougie propped his head on his hand and chuckled.
“You girls are ridiculous. Its not the end of the world if you’re late for one class.”
“Chloe’s never been late in her life,” I said, pulling a t-shirt over my head and stepping into my jeans. “Let her go ahead. I’ll take you,” I hopped on one foot and then the other, pulling my boots on. “My bag is in her car, Doug.”
“Whatever,” he shrugged, “just don’t hurt yourself getting to class.” He lifted Baby, cradled her with one arm like a tiny football and taking her down the hall.
Chloe rushed me out of the door and into the car. “I cant believe he got you that puppy,” she said, looking behind her as she backed out of the parking spot.
Dougie stood in the morning sun, in his boxers, and bare feet, clutching his arms around him from the cold. He watched Baby sniff a small patch of grass, coaxing her like a proud father. “I’ve never had a dog before,” I said. “This should be interesting.
Chloe glanced at Dougie, “Look at him,” she said, shaking her head. “Dougie Poynter: Mr Mum.”
“Baby is adorable. Even you would be putty in her paws.”
“You cant take her back to our place, you know.”
“Dougie said he’d keep her there.”
“Of course he did. He thinks ahead, I’ll give him that.”
I puffed, sliding into my seat with one minute to spare.
Once I relaxed, my past-birthday coma settled over my body. Chloe elbowed me when lass was over, and I followed her to the cafeteria.
Danny met us at the door, and I noticed right away that something was wrong.
Dougie jogged to where we stood, and grabbed his hips, puffing until he caught his breath.
“Is there an angry mob of women chasing you?” I teased.
He shook his head. “I was trying to you…before you…went in,” he breathed.
“What’s going on?” Chloe asked Danny.
“There’s a rumour,” Danny began. “Everyone’s saying that Dougie took Heidi home and…the details are different, but it’s pretty bad.”
“What? Are you serious?” I cried.
Chloe rolled her eyes. “Who cares, Heidi? People have been speculating about you and Doug for weeks. It’s not the first time anyone has accused you two of sleeping together.”
Dougie and Danny traded glances.
“There’s something else, isn’t there?” I said.
Danny winced, “They’re saying you slept with Alex at Tom’s and then you let Dougie…take you home, if you know what I mean.”
My mouth fell open. “Great! Now I’m the uni’s slut!”
Dougie’s eyes darkened and his jaw tensed. “This is my fault. If it was anyone else, they wouldn’t be saying that about you.” He walked into the cafeteria, his hands in fists at his sides.
Chloe and Danny followed behind him.
“Let’s hope no one is stupid enough to say anything to him,” Chloe said.
“Or her,” Danny added.
Dougie sat a few seats across and down from me. “He feels bad. He’s probably trying to deflect the rumours,” Danny said.
“You don’t have to sit down there, Doug. Come on, come sit,” I said, patting the empty surface in front of me.
“I heard you had quite a birthday, Heidi,” Jack from the next table said.
“Don’t start with her,” Dougie warned, glowering.
Jack smiled. “I heard Alex is furious. He said he came by your apartment yesterday, and you and Dougie were still in bed.”
“They were taking a nap Jack,” Chloe sneered.
My eyes darted to Dougie, “Alex came by?”
He shifted uncomfortably in his car. “I was gonna tell you.”
“When?” I snapped.
Chloe leant in to me. “Alex heard the rumour, and came by the confront you. I tried to stop him, but he walked down the hall and…totally got the wrong idea.”
“You guys really didn’t do it? I thought Heidi was right for you after all, Doug,” Jack said.
“You better stop now,” Danny warned,
“If you didn’t sleep with her, mind if I take a shot?” Jack said, chuckling.
My face burned in embarrassment, but then Chloe screamed in my ear, reacting to Dougie jumping from his seat. He reached over the table, grabbed Jack by the throat with one hand, and a fist full of his t-shirt in the other. Dougie threw him across the table, and dozens of chairs grated across the floor as people stood to watch. Dougie punched him repeatedly in the face, his elbow spiking high in the air before he landed each blow. The only thing Jack could do was to try and cover his face with his hands.
No one touched Dougie. He was out of control; and his reputation left everyone afraid to get in his way. “Dougie!” I screamed, running around the table. In mid-punch, Dougie withheld his fist, and then released Jack’s t-shirt, letting him fall to the floor. He was panting when he turned to look at me; I’d never seen him look so frightened. I swallowed and took a step back as he shouldered past me. I took a step to follow him, but Chloe grabbed my arm. Danny kissed her quickly then followed his cousin out of the door.
“Fuck,” Chloe whispered. We turned to watch Jack’s team mates pick him up off the floor, and I cringed at his red and puffy face. Blood trickled from his nose, and Harry handed him a napkin. “I’m sorry, Heidi, I was just kidding.”
I had no words to reply. I couldn’t explain what had just happened anymore than he could.
“She didn’t sleep with either of then,” Chloe said.
“C’mon. Let’s go,” she didn’t waste no time tugging me to her car. “We’re going to the apartment, Dan’s not being left alone with him.”
“I don’t want to be around him, either!”
Chloe stared at me in disbelief. “There’s something going on with him. Don’t you know what it is?”
“My sense of self-preservation is outweighing my curiosity at this point, Chlo.”
“The only thing that stopped him was your voice, Heidi. He’ll listen to you.”
I followed Chloe into the building when we arrived, stopping when I saw Danny run down the hallway and spoke quietly into Chloe’s ear.
Chloe fidgeted and said, “He doesn’t want us to be in there, Dougie is still pretty mad.”
“You mean he doesn’t want me to go in.” Chloe shrugged and looked to Danny.
“You didn’t do anything wrong. He just doesn’t want to see you right now.”
“Why doesn’t he want to see me if I’ve done nothing wrong?”
“I don’t know; he wont talk to me about it. I think he’s embarrassed about losing his temper in front of you.”
“He lost his temper in front of the entire cafeteria! What do I have to do with it?”
“More than you think,” Danny said. I pushed past them and burst through the door to an empty living room. The door to Dougie’s room was closed, so I knocked.
“Dougie? It’s me, open the door.”
“Walk away, babe,” he called from the other side of the door. I peeked in to see him sitting on the edge of the bed, facing the window. Baby pawed at his back, unhappy about being ignored. “What’s going on with you, Doug?” I asked.
He didn’t answer, so I stood beside him, crossing my arms. His jaw was tensed, but it was no longer the frightening expression her had in the cafeteria. He seemed sad. The deep, hopeless kind.
“You’re not gonna talk to me about this?” I waited, but he remained silent. I turned for the door and he finally sighed.
“You know the other day when you rushed to my defence? Well…that’s what happened. I just got carried away.”
“You were angry before that,” I said, returning to sit beside him on the bed.
He continued to stare out the window. “I meant what I said before. You need to walk away, babe. God knows I can’t walk away from you.”
I touched his arm. “You don’t want me to leave.”
He took me under his arm. He paused for a moment, then kissed my forehead, pressing his cheek against my temple. “It doesn’t matter how hard I try. You’re gonna hate me when it’s all said and done.”
I wrapped my arms around him. “We have to be friends. I wont take no for an answer,” I quoted him. He cradled me with both arms and chuckled once. “I watch you sleeping a lot. You always look so peaceful. I don’t have that kind of quiet, I have all rage and anger boiling inside of me - except when I watch you sleep. That’s what I was doing when Alex walked in, he just stood there with this shocked look on his face. I knew what he thought, but I didn’t set him straight. I didn’t explain because I wanted him to think something happened. Now the whole school thinks you were with us both on the same night.”
Baby nuzzled her way onto my lap, and I rubbed his ears. Dougie reached over to pet her once, then rested his hand on mine. “I’m sorry.”
I shrugged. “If he believes the gossip, it’s his own fault.”
“It’s hard to think anything else when he sees us in bed together.”
“He knows I’m staying with you, Doug. I was fully clothed for God’s sake.”
Dougie sighed. “He was probably too pissed off to notice. I know you like him, babe. I should have explained. I owe you that much.”
“It doesn’t matter.”
“You’re not mad?” he asked, surprised.
“Is that what you’re so upset about? You thought I’d be mad at you when you told me the truth?”
“You should be. If someone single-handedly sunk my reputation, I’d be a little pissed.”
“You don’t care about reputations. What happened to the Dougie that doesn’t give a shit about what people think?” I teased, nudging him.
“That was before I saw the look on your face when you heard what everyone’s saying. I don’t want you to get hurt because of me.”
“You would never do anything to hurt me.”
“I’d rather cut off my arm,” he sighed.
He relaxed his cheek against my hair. I didn’t have a reply, and Dougie seemed to have said everything he needed to, so we sat in silence. Once in a while, Dougie would squeeze me tighter to his side. I gripped his shirt, not knowing how else to make him feel better other than to just let him hold me.
When the sun began to set, I heard a faint knock on the door. “Heidi?” Chloe’s voice sounded on the other side.
“Come on, Chlo,” Dougie answered.
Chloe walked in with Danny, and she smiled at the sight of us tangled in each other’s arms. “We were going to get something to eat. You two feel like making a trip to New Cathay?”
“Agh, Chinese again. Really?” Dougie asked. I smiled. He sounded like himself again.
Chloe noticed aswell. “Yes, really. You guys coming or not?”
“I’m starving,” I said.
“Of course you are babe. You didn’t get to eat lunch,” he said, frowning. He stood up, bringing me with him. “Come on. Let’s get you some food,” he kept his arm around me, and didn’t let go until we were sat at our table.
As soon as Dougie left for the bathroom, Chloe leaned in. “So? What did he say?”
“Nothing,” I shrugged.
She raised an eyebrow. “You were in his room for two hours. He didn’t say anything?”
“He usually doesn’t when he’s that mad,” Danny said.
“All he said was he got a little carried away taking up for me, and that he didn’t tell Alex the truth when he walked in. That’s it,” I said.
Danny shook his head, closing his eyes.
“Dougie is,” he sighed, rolling his eyes. “Forget it.”
Chloe opened her mouth about to say something when Dougie sat down and swung his arm behind me. “Damn it! The food’s not here yet?”
We laughed and joked until the restaurant closed, and then got into the car for the ride home. Danny carried Chloe down the corridor on his back, but Dougie stayed behind, tugging on my arm to keep me from following. He looked at me with a regretful smile. “I owe you an apology for today, I’m so sorry.”
“You’ve already apologised. It’s fine.”
“No, I apologised for Alex. I don’t want you to think that I’m some psycho that goes round attacking people over little things,” he said, “but I owe you an apology for not defending you for the right reason.”
“And that would be…” I prompted.
“I lunged at him because he was teasing you.”
“Insinuating there is a line is plenty reason for you to defend me, Doug.”
“That’s my point. I was pissed off because I took him as wanting to sleep with you.”
After processing what Dougie meant, I grabbed the sides of his top and pressed my forehead against his chest. “You know what? I don’t care,” I said, looking up at him. “I don’t care what people are saying, or that you lost your temper, or why you messed up Jack’s face. The last thing I want is a bad reputation, but I’m tired of explaining our friendship to everyone. Fuck ‘em.” Dougie’s eyes turned soft and the corners of his mouth turned up.
“Our friendship? Sometimes I wonder whether you listen to me at all.”
“What do you mean?”
“Let’s go in. I’m tired.”
I nodded, and he held me against his side until we were inside my apartment. Chloe and Danny had already shut themselves in their bedroom, and I slipped in and out of the shower.
Dougie sat with Baby outside while I dressed in my shorts and t-shirt, and within half an hour, we were both in bed.
“Just two weeks left, what you gonna do for drama when I move out?”
“I dunno,” he said. I could see his tormented frown, even in the darkness.
“I was only joking,” I touched his arm. I watched him for a long time, breathing, blinking and trying to relax. He fidgeted a bit and looked over at me.
“Do you trust me, babe?”
“Yeah, why?”
“C’mere,” he said, pulling me against him. Whatever was going on with him, and I couldn’t have objected even if I’d wanted to. It felt right lying next to him.
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx
Going Through The Motions

http://www.twitter.com/chloerussellx

Back to top Go down

Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed] - Page 3 Empty Re: Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed]

Post by HannaWestwood Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:35 am

OMG THIS CHAPTER WAS SOOO LONG BUT SOOOOO AWESOME!!!

I loved when Dougie punched Jack! But I felt soo bad for him when he was sad! Awwww ♥️

He got her a PUPPY! Who does that?! SO CUTE! bounce

This is really awesome! I can't find the words! It's one of my fave chapter! And it's weird cause I feel like every new chapter is my fave! haha Very Happy

I love your writing, Chloe ♥️
I love this fiction ♥️

Awwwwwwwww let's hope Alex will show his real face now he's pissed!!! Something like trying to hit Heidi but Dougie would kick his ass! Twisted Evil

Can't wait for the next chapters! cheers
xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:12 am

♥ C H A P T E R | F I F T E E N ♥
Tom shook his head. “Okay, so you’re with Alex, or with Dougie? I’m confused.”
“Alex isn’t talking to me, so that’s sort of up in the air right now.”
“So are you with Doug?”
“We’re friends, Tom.”
“You realise everyone thinks you’re having some friends with benefits thing going on that you’re not admitting to, right?”
“I don’t care. They can think what they want,”
“Since when? What happened to the Heidi that worried about everything everyone thought?”
“She died from the stress of all the rumours and assumptions.”
“Good, it’s about time you quit pretending,” he said.
“What do you mean?”
“You might admit your feelings to Dougie, now.”
I rolled my eyes at him. “He’s too much like my dad, if I get close to Dougie, it could set me back again.”
“What is all this about your dad, who is he?”
“A mess. The gambling, the drinking, the bad temper…its hereditary in my family. Chloe and I came here so I could start fresh, without the stigma of being the daughter of a drunken has-been. Everything Mick touched turned to gold, until I turned thirteen, his luck changed.”
“And he blamed you?”
I nodded. “Chloe gave up a lot to come here with me so I could get away, but I get here and walk face-first into Dougie.”
“And when you look at Dougie…”
“It’s all too familiar.”
“It’ll all work out. You came here, Chloe met Danny, you found Dougie, something about you turned his world upside down. Think about it,” he smiled, placing a hand on my arm.
“Tom!” Dougie said. He grabbed me by the waist, defensively. “You’re the last person I thought I’d have to worry about that shit from, Fletcher!” he teased. Tom leaned to the side of Dougie and winked. “Later, Cookie.”
When Dougie turned to me, his smile faded. “What’s the frown for?”
“I dunno where he got that nickname from, but I don’t like it. It had some bad memories attached to it.”
“You want me to go teach Tom a less?” he winked.
“If I wanted to take Tom out, all I’d have to do is tell him Disneyworld is closing down, and he’s finish the job for me.”
Dougie laughed, nudging me toward the door. “Let’s go! I’m wasting away here!”
We sat at the table together picking on each other with pinches and elbows to the ribs. Dougie’s mood was as optimistic as the night I lost the bet. Everyone at the table noticed, and when he instigated a mini-food fight with me, it gathered the attention of those sitting at the surrounding tables.
I rolled my eyes. “I feel like a zoo animal.”
Dougie watched me for a moment, noticed those staring, and then stood up. “Kick it!” he yelled. I watched in awe as the entire room jerked their heads in his direction. Dougie bobbed his head a couple of times to the beat in his head. Danny closed his eyes, “Oh no.”
Dougie smiled. “You wake up late for school and you don’t wanna go. You ask your mum “Please?” but she still says “No!” you missed two classes and no homework. But your teacher preaches class like you’re some kind of jerk,” he climbed onto the table as everyone stared. He pointed to the football players at their table and they yelled with Dougie, “You gotta fight, for your right, to paaarty!” The whole room clapped to the beat.
Dougie sang into his fist, “Your pops caught you smoking and he said “No way!” that hypocrite smokes two packs a day. Man, living at home is such a drag. Now your mum threw away your best porno mad!” he jerked his hips, causing some screeches from the surrounding girls. “Busted!” The footballers yelled in unison, then joined in on the chorus, “You gotta fight, for your right, to paaarty!”
Dougie stopped pacing around and stopped in front of me, “Don’t step out of this house if that’s the clothes you’re gonna wear. I’ll kick out of my home if you don’t cut that hair! You’re mum busted in and said, “What’s that noise?” Aw, mum you’re just jealous it’s the Beastie Boys!”
The footballers yelled their part another three times, Dougie joined in on the last time.
The entire room exploded into applause, even a few whistles. He took a bow then returned to his seat, chuckling.
“They’re not looking at you now, are they?” he panted.
“Heidi?”
I looked up to see Alex standing beside me. All eyes were on me once again.
“We need to talk,” he seemed nervous, “Please?”
I nodded and followed him outside. He walked past the window to the privacy of the side of the building. “I didn’t mean to draw attention to you, I know you hate that. I don’t know what happened with you and Dougie. I was pissed off at first, but I realised I wouldn’t have felt like that unless I had deep feelings for you.”
“I didn’t sleep with him, Alex. He held my hair while I hurled a pint of Sambuca in his toilet.”
He laughed once. “I don’t think we’ve really had a fair shot…not with you living with Dougie. Truth is, Heidi, I really like you. I don’t know what it is, but I can’t stop thinking about you.” I smiled and he took my hand, looking at my bracelet. “I probably scared you off with this ridiculous present, but I’ve never been in this situation before, I feel like I’m constantly competing with Dougie for your attention.”
“You didn’t scare me off with the bracelet.”
“I’d like to take you out again in a couple of weeks, after your time is up with Dougie. Then maybe we can try again without the distraction.” I nodded and he leaned down and closed his eyes, pressing his lips against mine. “I’ll call you soon.”
I waved goodbye then returned inside, passing Dougie. He grabbed me, pulling me onto his lap.
“Breaking up is hard to do?”
“He wants to try again when I’m back at mine and Chloe’s place.”
“Shit. I’m gonna have to come up with another bet,” he said, pulling my plate in front of me.

The next two weeks flew by. Other than class, I spent every waking moment with Dougie, and most of that time we spent alone. He took me to dinner, for drinks, bowling, and the band got a couple of gigs. When we weren’t laughing ourselves silly, we were play-wrestling, or snuggling on the sofa with Baby, watching movies. He made a point to ignore every girl that batted an eyelash at him, and everyone talked about the new Dougie.
My last night in the apartment, Chloe and Danny were inexplicably absent, and Dougie laboured over a special last night dinner. He bought wine, set out napkins, and even arrived home with new silverware. He sat our plates on the breakfast bar and pulled his stool to the other side to sit across from me. For the first time, I got the distinct feeling we were on a date. “This is really good, Doug. You’ve been holding out on me.” I said as I chewed the Bolognese Pasta Bake he had prepared.
He forced a smile, and I could see he was working hard to keep the conversation light. “If you told you before, you would have expected it every night.” His smile faded and his eyes fell to the table.
I rolled my food around on my place, “I’m gonna miss you too, Doug.”
“You’re still gonna come round, right?”
“You know I will. And you’ll come over to me.”
“But it wont be the same,” he sighed. “You’ll be back with Alex, we’re going to get busy…go in different directions.”
“It’s not gonna change that much.”
He managed a single laugh. “Who would have thought from the first time we met that we’d be sitting here? You couldn’t have told me three months ago that I’d be this miserable over saying goodbye to a girl.”
My stomach sank. “I don’t want you to be miserable.”
“Then don’t go,” he said. His expression was so desperate that the guilt formed a lump in my throat. “I can’t move in here, Dougie. That’s crazy.”
“Says who? I’ve had the best time of my life with you.”
“Me too, Doug.”
“Then why do I feel like I’m never gonna see you again?”
I didn’t have a reply. The urge to go to him grew insistent, so I stood up and walked around the bar, sitting on his lap. He didn’t look at me, so I hugged his neck, pressing my cheek against his.
“You’re going to realise what a pain in the arse I was, and then you’ll forget all about missing me,” I said into his ear.
He puffed a breath of air as he rubbed my back, “Promise?”
I leaned back and looked into his eyes, touching each side of his face with my hands, I caressed his jaw with my thumb; his expression was heartbreaking. I closed my eyes and leaned down to kiss the corner of his mouth, but he turned so that I caught more of his lips than I’d intended. Even though the kiss surprised me, I didn’t pull back right away.
I finally pulled away, playing it off with a smile.
“I have a big day tomorrow. I’m gonna clean the kitchen, an then I’m going to head to bed.”
“I’ll help you,” he said.
We did the dishes together in silence, with Baby asleep at our feet. He dried the last dish and set it in the rack, and then led me down the hall, holding my hand a but too tight. The distance from the living room to his bedroom seemed to take twice as long. We both knew that goodbye was just a few hours away.
He didn’t even pretend not to watch this time as I changed into one of his t-shirts for bed. He slipped down to his boxers, and climbed under the covers, waiting for me to join him.
Once I did, Dougie turned the lamp off, then pulled me against him without permission or apology. He sighed and I nestled my face into his neck. I shut my eyes to savor the moment. After a moment, I looked up at Dougie. He looked out the window. The trees cast a shadow across his face. Dougie clenched his eyes shut and a sinking feeling settled over me. It was agonising seeing him suffer, knowing that I was the cause of it…I was the only one that could take it away.
“Doug? Are you okay?” I asked.
There was a long pause before he finally spoke, “I’ve never been less okay in my life.”
I pressed my forehead against his neck, and he squeezed me tighter. “This is silly, we’re gonna see each other every day,” I said.
“You know that’s not true.”
The weight of the grief we both felt was crushing, and an irrepressible need came over me to save us both. I lifted my chin, but hesitated; I reasoned that Dougie didn’t see intimacy as anything but a way to pass time, and I shut my eyes again and swallowed back my fears. I had to do something, knowing we’d both lay awake, dreading every passing minutes until morning.
My heart pounded as I touched his neck with my lips, and then tasted his flesh in slow tender kisses. He looked down with surprise, and then his eyes softened with the realisation of what I wanted.
He leaned down, pressing his lips against mine with a delicate sweetness. The warmth from his lips sent tingled all the way down to my toes, and I pulled him closer to me. Now that we had taken it the first step, I had no intention of stopping there. I parted my lips letting Dougie’s tongue find its way to mine.
“I want you,” I said.
Suddenly the kiss slowed, and he tried to pull away. Determined to finish what I had started, my mouth worked against his more anxiously.
In reaction, Dougie backed away until he was on his knees. I rose with him, keeping our mouths together.
He gripped each of my shoulders to hold me at bay. “Wait a sec,” he whispered with an amused smile, breathing hard. “You don’t have to do this, babe.. This isn’t what tonight is about.” He was holding back, but I could see it in his eyes that his self-control wouldn’t last long. I leaned in again, and this time his arms gave way just enough for me to brush my lips against his. “Don’t make me beg,” I whispered against his mouth.
With those four words, his reservations vanished. He kissed me, hard and eager. My fingers ran down the length of his back and settled on the elastic of his boxers, nervously running along the gather of fabric. His lips grew impatient, then, and I fell against the mattress when he crashed into me. His tongue found its way to mine once again, and I gained the courage to slide my hand between his skin and the boxers, he groaned.
Dougie yanked the t-shirt over my head, and then his hand impatiently travelled down my side, gripping my knickers and slipping them down my legs with one hand. His mouth returned to mine once more as his hand slid up the inside of my thigh, and I let out a long, faltering breath when his fingers wandered where no man had touched me before. My knees arched and twitched with each movement of his hand, and when I dug my fingers into his flesh, he positioned himself above me.
“Babe,” he said, panting. “It doesn’t have to be tonight. I’ll wait until you’re ready.”
I looked beside me and reached for the top drawer of his night table, pulling it open.
Feeling plastic between my fingers, I touched the corner of the packet to my mouth, tearing it open with my teeth. His free hand left my back, and then pulled his boxers down, kicking them off as if he couldn’t stand them between us. The package crackled in his finger tips, and after a few moment I felt him between my thighs. I closed my eyes.
“Look at me, babe.”
I peered up at him, and his eyes were intent and soft at the same time. He tilted his head, leaning down to kiss me tenderly, and then his body tensed, pushing himself inside of me in a small, slow movement. When he pulled back, I bit my lip with the discomfort; when he rocked into me again, I clenched my eyes shut with the pain. My thighs tightened around his hips, and he kissed me again.
“Look at me,” he whispered.
When I opened my eyes, he pressed inside me again, and I cried out with the wonderful burning it caused. Once I relaxed, the movements of his body against mine was more rhythmic. The nervousness I had felt at the beginning had disappeared, and Dougie grabbed at me as if he couldn’t get enough. I pulled him into me, and he moaned when the way it felt became too much. “I’ve wanted you for so long, Heidi. You’re all I want,” he breathed against my mouth.
He grabbed my thigh and propped himself up with his elbow, just inches above me. A thin sheet of sweat began to bead on our skin, and I arched my back as his lips traced my jaw and then followed a single line down my neck.
“Dougie,” I sighed.
When I said his name, he pressed his cheek against mine, and his movements became more rigid. The noises from his throat grew louder, and he finally pressed inside me one last time, groaning and quivering above me.
After a few moments, he relaxed, and let his breathing slow.
“That was some first kiss,” I said with a tired, content expression.
He scanned my face and smiled. “Your last first kiss.”
I was too shocked to reply.
He collapsed beside me on his stomach, stretching one arm across my middle, and resting his forehead against my cheek. I ran my fingers along the bare skin of his back until I heard his breathing even out.
I lay awake for hours, listening to Dougie’s deep breaths. Chloe and Danny came in the front door quietly, and I heard them tip toe down the hall, murmuring to each other.
We had packed my things earlier in the day, and I flinched at how uncomfortable the morning would be. I had thought that once Dougie slept with me, his curiosity would be gone, but instead he was talking about forever.
My eyes snapped shut with the thought of his expression when he learns what happened wasn’t a beginning, it was a closure. I couldn’t go down that road, and he would hate me when I told him.
I got dressed, carrying my shoes down the hall to Danny’s room. Chloe sat on the bed, and Danny was pulling off his t-shirt in front of the wardrobe.
“Everything okay, Heidi?” Danny asked.
“Chloe?” I signalled for her to join me in the hall. “I need you to take me back now. I can’t wait ‘til tomorrow.”
“You could never handle goodbyes.”

When we sat my last bag down in my bedroom, Chloe sighed. “It’s going to be so different now you’ll be back here. I’ll be coming back soon aswell though,” she said.
“Thanks for bringing me home. The sun will be up soon. You better go.”
Chloe didn’t look back when she left, she was going to be so angry when she realised what I’d done.
Feeling a bit lost, I curled into a ball on my bed; Dougie’s scent still lingered on my skin.
The bed felt cold and foreign, a sharp contrast to the warmth of Dougie’s mattress. I had spent a month and two weeks in a cramped apartment with the uni’s most infamous man whore, and after all the bickering and late night houseguests, it was the only place I wanted to be.
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:51 am

Awwwww deaaaaar! ♥️ Shocked ♥️

I've never seen such a sex scene! I mean... in the stories, it's great but it usually feels really rude or embarassing. But here, the words were perfect and well-chosen so there's no "rude" words (even if "rude" isn't appropriate). Awesome writing!!!

(Naughty mind; on! ♥️ Twisted Evil)

OMG, I feel like I say it too much for this story but, THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVE CHAPTERS!
This is all your fault, Chloe; your writing is WAY TOO AWESOME for me to handle it! Razz
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by elisabethhh Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:36 am

:O FINALLY! now she just has to realise that Dougie is the man she loves and that they belong together Very Happy
Great chapters Very Happy
I LOVE YOUR WRITING CHLOEE AND YOU'RE AMAZING Very Happy
xxxx
elisabethhh
elisabethhh
We Are The Young
We Are The Young

http://fallinginlovefiction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:20 pm

♥ C H A P T E R | S I X T E E N ♥
The phone calls began at eight in the morning, and then every five minutes for an hour. I reached over and turned it off. It wasn’t until I heard the banging on my bedroom door that I realised I wouldn’t be allowed to spend the day in my room as planned. Before I could get up to open the door, Chloe rushed in and stood beside my bed.
“What the fuck is going on?” she yelled. Her eyes were red and puffy, and she was still in her pyjamas. “Dougie is a fucking wreck! He wont talk to us, he’s trashed the apartment, threw his laptop across the room…Dan cant talk any sense to him.”
I rubbed my eyes, “I don’t know.”
“Bullshit! You’re gonna tell me what the hell is going on, and you’re gonna tell me now!”
I assumed he would be upset with me; I didn’t expect him to fly into a rage. “I…don’t know,” I swallowed.
“He took a swing at Dan when he found out we helped you leave. Heidi! Please tell me!” her eyes were glossing over. “It’s scaring me!”
“I just couldn’t say goodbye.”
“It’s something else, Heidi. He’s gone fucking psycho! I heard him call your name, and then he stomped all over the apartment looking for you. He barged into Dan’s room demanding to know where you were. Then he tried calling you, over and over and over,” she sighed. “His face was…Jesus, Heidi. I’ve never seen him like that. He ripped the sheets off his bed and threw them away, threw his pillows away, shattered his mirror with his fist, kicked his door…broke it from the hinges! It was the scariest thing I’ve ever seen in my life!”
I closed my eyes, forcing the tears that pooled in my eyes down my cheeks.
Chloe thrust her mobile at me. “You’ve gotta call him. At least so he knows you’re okay.”
“Okay, I’ll call him.”
“Now,” she said, forcing her phone in my hand.
I dialled his number. “Chlo?” Dougie said, his voice thick with worry.
“It’s me.”
The line was quiet for several moments before he finally spoke. “What the fuck happened to you last night? I wake up this morning, and you’re gone. You just leave and don’t say goodbye? Why?”
“I’m sorry, I-”
“You’re sorry? I’ve been going crazy! You don’t answer your phone, you sneak out and wha-why?! I thought we finally had everything figured out!”
“I just need some time to think.”
“About what?” he paused. “Did I hurt you?”
“No! it’s nothing like that! I’m really…really sorry. I’m sure Chloe told you, I don’t do goodbyes.”
“I need to see you,” he said, his voice desperate. I sighed. “I have a lot to do today, Doug. I have to unpack and I have a lot of washing.”
“You regret it,” he said, his voice breathing.
“It’s not…that’s not what it is. We’re friends. That’s not gonna change.”
“Friends? Then what the fuck was last night?” he said, anger bleeding through his voice.
I closed my eyes tight. “I know what you want, I just can’t do that right now.”
“So you just need some time?” he asked in a calmer voice. “You could have told me that. You didn’t have to run out on me.”
“It just seemed the easier way.
“For who?!”
“I couldn’t sleep. I kept thinking about what it would be like in the morning, loading Chloe’s car and…I couldn’t do it, Doug,” I said.
“It’s bad enough that you’re not going to be here anymore. You cant just drop out of my life, especially not after last night.”
I forced a smile. “I’ll see you tomorrow. I don’t want anything to be weird, okay? I just need to sort some stuff out. That’s all.”
“Okay,” he sighed. “I can do that.”
I hung up the phone, and Chloe glared at me. “You slept with him? You weren’t even gonna tell me?”
I rolled my eyes and fell against my pillow. “It’s just become one fucking mess.”
“What’s so difficult? You two should be deliriously happy, not breaking doors and hiding in your room!”
“I can’t be with him,” I whispered, keeping my eyes on the ceiling.
Her hand covered mine, and she spoke softly. “Dougie needs work. Trust me, I understand any and all reservations you have about him, but look how much he’s already changed for you. Think about the last few weeks, Heidi. He’s not Mick.”
“I’m Mick! I get involved with Dougie and everything we’ve worked for…poof!” I snapped my fingers. “Just like that!”
“Dougie wouldn’t let that happen.”
“It’s not up to him, now is it?”
“You’re going to break his heart, Heidi. You’re going to break his heart! The one girl he trusts enough to fall for, and you’re going to nail him to the wall!”
“I need the happy ending. That’s why we came here.”
“You don’t have to do this. It could work.”
“Until my luck runs out.”
My phone rang and I looked at the display. “It’s Alex.”

She shook her head. “We’ve not finished this conversation yet.”
I nodded, “Hello?” I answered.
“Day one of freedom! How does it feel?” he said.
“It feels…free,” I said, unable to muster up any enthusiasm.
“Dinner tomorrow night? I’ve missed you.”
“Yeah,” I wiped my nose with my sleeve, “Tomorrow’s great.”
After I hung up the phone, Chloe frowned.
“He’s going to want to know what we talked about. What am I supposed to tell him?”
“Tell him that I’ll keep my promise. By this time tomorrow, he wont miss me.”
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Awwww nooooooooooo don't do that with Alex! affraid
Dougie is going to be such an heartbroken! Sad

Awww next chapter might be awful... Sad
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by elisabethhh Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:02 pm

NOOOOOOO!!!!
STUPID HEIDI! HOW COULD YOU???
DONT BREAK DOUGIE'S HEART!!!
DONT GO OUT WITH ALEX! ALEX IS A STUPID BLAHHH!
DOUGIE IS THE ONE YOU NEED, AND WANT!!!!

Great chapter Very Happy
xxxx
elisabethhh
elisabethhh
We Are The Young
We Are The Young

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:05 pm

♥ C H A P T E R | S E V E N T E E N ♥
Two table over, one table back. Chloe and Danny were barely visible from my seat, and I hunched over, watching Dougie stare at the empty chair I usually occupied before sitting at the end of the lunch table. I felt ridiculous for hiding, but I wasn’t prepared to sit across from him for an entire hour. When I finished eating, I took a deep breath and walked outside to where Dougie was finishing his cigarette.
“Hey,” I smiled.
He grimaced. “Hey. I thought you’d be at lunch.”
“I had to run in and out, I have to study,” I shrugged.
“Need some help?”
“No, it’s fine. I think I’ll be okay.”
“I can just hang out for moral support,” he smiled, digging his hand into his pocket. The muscles in his arm tensed with the movement, and the thought of them flexing as he thrust himself inside me replaying with vivid detail in my head.
“Er…what?” I asked, disoriented from the sudden erotic thought that had flashed in my head.
“Are we supposed to pretend the other night never happened?
“No, why?” I feigned confusion and he sighed, frustrated with my behaviour.
“Because I took your virginity?” he leaned towards me, saying the words in a hushed tone.
I rolled my eyes. “I’m sure it’s not the first time you’ve deflowered a virgin, Doug.”
“As a matter of fact, it was,” he sounded angry.
“C’mon…I said I didn’t want any weirdness between us.”
Dougie took one last drag of his cigarette and flicked it to the ground. “Well, if I’ve learned anything in the last few days, it’s that you don’t always get what you want.”
“Hey, beautiful,” Alex said, kissing my cheek.
Dougie glowered at Alex with a murderous expression. “I’ll pick you up around six?” he asked.
I nodded, “Six is fine.” I watched him walk away, afraid to endure the consequences of the last ten seconds.
“You’re going out with him tonight?” Dougie seethed.
His jaw was clenched, and I could see it working under his skin. “I told you he was going to ask me out when I was back at mine. He called me yesterday.”
“Things have changed a bit since that conversation, don’t you think?”
“Why?”
He walked away from me, and I swallowed, trying to keep the tears at bay. Dougie stopped and came back, leaning into my face. “That’s why you said I wouldn’t miss you after today! You knew I’d find out about Alex, and you thought I’d what? Get over you
Do you not trust me, or am I just not good enough? Tell me, damn it! Tell me what the fuck I did to make you do this!”
I stood my ground, staring straight into his eyes. “You didn’t do anything to me. Since when is sex life or death to you?”
“Since it was with you!”
I glanced around, seeing that we were making a scene. People were walking by slowly, staring and whispering to each other. I felt my ears burn, and it spread across my face, making my eyes water.
He closed his eyes, trying to compose himself before he spoke again. “Is that it? You don’t think it meant anything to me?”
“You are Dougie Poynter.”
He shook his head, disgusted. “If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were shoving my past in my face.”
“I don’t think six weeks ago constitutes the past.”
His face contorted and I laughed. “I’m kidding! Dougie, it’s fine. I’m fine, you’re fine. There’s no need to make a big deal of it.”
All emotion disappeared from his face and he took a deep breath through his nose. “I know what you’re trying to do.” his eyes unfocused for a moment, lost in thought. “I’ll just have to prove it to you.” His eyes narrowed as he looked into my eyes, determined to get his point across. “If you think I’m just going to go back to fucking around, you’re wrong. I don’t want anyone else. You wanna be friends? Fine, we’re friends. But you and I both know that what happened wasn’t just sex.”
He stormed past me to his next class as the tears rolled down my cheeks.

I wasn’t in the mood for dressing up, so I just threw on a pair of skinny jeans and a hot pink vest top. When I saw Alex’s BMW pull up outside the living room window, I walked outside.
“I was going to come get you,” he said, as he held the door open. “Then I saved you a trip,” I said, buckling my seat belt. he slid in beside me and leaned over, touching each side of my face, kissing me with his plush, soft lips. “Wow,” he breathed, “I’ve missed your mouth.”
His breath was minty, his cologne smelled incredible, his hands were warm and soft, and he looked fantastic in his jeans and tight black v-neck top. Something was missing though. The excitement I had before was gone, and I silently cursed Dougie for taking that away. I forced a smile. “What are we doing tonight?”
“I’m taking you to my new apartment,” he grinned.
His new apartment was exactly as I had imagined: immaculate, with expensive electronics in every corner. He’d even turned the second bedroom into a gym. “What do you think?” he said, grinning like a child showing off a new toy.
“It’s great,” I nodded.
His expression changed from playful to intimate, and he pulled me into his arms, kissing my neck.
Every muscle in my body tensed. I wanted to be anywhere but in this apartment. My phone rang, and I offered him and apologetic smile before answering. “How’s the date goin’, babe?”
I turned my back to Alex and whispered into the phone. “What do you need, Dougie?” I tried to make my tone sharp, but it softened by my relief to hear his voice.
“I wanna go bowling tomorrow. I need my partner.”
“Bowling? You couldn’t have called me later?” I felt like a hypocrite saying that, knowing I had hoped for an excuse to keep Alex’s lips off of me.
“How am I supposed to know when you’re gonna get done? Oh. That didn’t come out right…” he trailed off, sounding amused with himself.
“I’ll call you tomorrow and we can talk about it then, okay?”
“No, it’s not okay. you said you wanna be friends but we can’t hang out?” I rolled my eyes and Dougie hugged. “Don’t roll your eyes at me. Are you coming or not?”
“How did you know I rolled my eyes?”
“You always roll your eyes. Yes? No? You’re wasting precious date time.”
He knew me so well. I fought the urge to ask him to pick me up right then. I couldn’t help but smile at the thought.
“Yes!” I said in a hushed voice, trying not to laugh. “I’ll go.”
“I’ll pick you up at seven.”
I turned to Alex, grinning like the Cheshire Cat.
“Dougie?” he asked, with a knowing expression.
“You’re still just friends?”
“Still just friends,” I nodded once.
We sat at the table, eating our Chinese take away. I warmed up to him after a while, and he reminded me of how charming he was. I felt lighter, almost giggly, a marked change from earlier. As hard as I tried to push the thought from my head, I couldn’t deny that it was my plans with Dougie that had brightened my mood.
After dinner, we sat on the sofa to watch a movie, but before the opening credits were over, Alex had my on my back. I was glad I had chosen to wear skinny jeans; I wouldn’t have been able to fend him off as easily in a dress. His lips travelled down to my collarbone, and his hand stopped at my belt. he perfectly worked to pull it open and once it was undone, I slid out from under him to stand up.
“Okay! I don’t think I wanna go any further. Anyway, it’s late, I better go.”
He sat up and caught my hand. “Don’t go, I don’t want you to think that’s why I brought you here.”
“Isn’t it?”
“Of course not,” he said pulling me onto his lap. “You’re all I’ve thought about for the past two weeks. I apologise for being impatient.”
He kissed my cheek. I turned to him and pressed my lips to his, trying my hardest to feel something. I pulled away and sighed when I didn’t feel anything.
We drove to my apartment, and Alex squeezed my hand after he kissed me goodnight. “Let’s try again. Dinner tomorrow?”
“I’m bowling with Dougie tomorrow.”
“Wednesday, then?” I nodded with a contrived smile.

When I walked through the door, Chloe walked out of the bathroom, dripping wet with a towel around her. “Hey! How’d it go?”
Before I could say anything, my phone rang.
“Hello?”
“You home yet?” Dougie asked.
“Just this second got in.”
“Great! I’ll be there in five!”
“Wait! Dougie?” I said after he hung up. Chloe laughed. “He’s coming here. Will you meet him outside and tell him I went to bed?”
“Nope.”
“Chloe! Please?”
“Have fun, honey,” she smiled.
Dougie pulled up just as I got outside.
“I was gonna go for a drive to clear my head. I want you to come too.”
“We’re going bowling tomorrow. Can’t you wait until then?”
“I went from being with you to every second of the day to seeing you for ten minutes if I’m lucky.”
I smiled and shook my head. “It’s been two days, Doug.”
“I miss you. Get your arse in the car and lets go.”
I couldn’t argue. I missed him, too. More than I would ever admit to him.
We drove with no destination or time frame.
Dougie pulled into a petrol station and parked. “You want anything?” he asked.
I shook my head, climbing out of the car to stretch my legs. He watched me straighten my clothes and smiled. “You’re fucking beautiful.”
“Thanks, Doug.”
I pulled out my phone to check the time as he filled up on petrol. “Oh my God, Doug. It’s three in the morning.”
“You wanna go back?” he asked, his face shadowed with disappointment.
“We better.”
“We still going bowling tomorrow night?” I nodded.
“And you’re still going to the next date party with me in a couple of weeks, right?”
“I don’t remember you even asking me, but sure.” I laughed. He hung up the petrol nozzle and we both climbed in the car. He sighed, reluctant to start the engine. His knuckles were white as he gripped the steering wheel. He took a breath, beginning to speak, and then shook his head. “You’re important to me, you know,” I said, placing a hand on his.
“I don’t understand you, babe. I thought I knew women, but you’re so fucking confusing I don’t know which way is up.”
“I don’t understand you, either. You’re supposed to be the uni’s ladies man. I’m not getting the full first year experience,” I teased.
“Well, that’s a first. I’ve never had a girl sleep with me just so I’ll leave her alone,” he said, not looking at me.
“That’s not what it was, Dougie,” I lied, ashamed that he’d guessed my intentions without realising how right he was. He shook his head and started the engine, pulling out onto the road. He drove uncharacteristically slow, stopping at every red light and taking the long way to campus. He walked me to the door, and I pulled out my keys, avoiding his eyes. As I fumbled with the metal in my hand, his hand was suddenly on my chin, his thumb softly touching my lips. “Did he kiss you?” he asked.
I pulled away, surprised. “You really know how to screw up a perfect night, don’t you?”
“Does that mean you had a nice time?”
“I always do when I’m with you.”
He looked to the ground and pulled his eyebrows together. “Did he kiss you?”
“Yes,” I sighed, irritated.
His eyes closed tight. “Is that all?”
“That’s none of your business!” I said, pushing open the door. Dougie reached behind me and pulled it closed again and stood in my way, his expression apologetic. “I need to know.”
“No, you don’t Dougie. Move!”
“Babe…”
“You think that because I’m no longer a virgin, I’ll screw anyone that’ll have me? Thanks!” I said, shoving him.
“I didn’t say that! Is it too much to ask for a little peace of mind?”
“Why would it give you peace of mind to know if I’m sleeping with Alex?”
“How can you not know? It’s obvious to everyone else but you!” he said, exasperated.
“I guess I’m just an idiot, then. You’re on a roll tonight, Dougie,” I said, reaching for the door. He gripped my shoulders. “The way I feel about you…it’s crazy.”
“You’ve got the crazy part right,” I snapped, pulling away from him.
“I practiced this in my head the whole time we were in the car, so just hear me out,” he said.
“Dougie...”
“I know we’re fucked up, all right? I’m impulsive, and hot-tempered, and you get under my skin like no one else. You act like you hate me one minute, and then you need me the next. I never get anything right, and I don’t deserve you…but I fucking love you, Heidi. I love you more than I’ve loved anyone or anything, ever. When you’re around, I don’t need booze, or money, or even the band, or the one night stands…all I need is you. You’re all I think about. You’re all I dream about. You’re all I want.”
My plan to feign ignorance was an epic fail. I couldn’t pretend to be impervious when he had laid all of his cards on the table. When we met, something inside us both had changed, and whatever that was, it made us need each other. For reasons unknown to me, I was his exception and as much as I had tried to fight my feelings, he was mine.
He shook his head, cupped each side of my face, and looked into my eyes. “Did you sleep with him?”
Hot tears filled my eyes and I shook my head.
He slammed his lips against mine, and his tongue entered my mouth without hesitation. Unable to control myself, I gripped his shirt in my fists, and pulled him to me. He hummed in his amazing, deep voice, and gripped me so tight that it was hard to breathe.
He pulled back, breathless. “Call Alex. Tell him you don’t want to see him anymore. Tell him you’re with me.”
I closed my eyes. “I cant be with you, Dougie.”
“Why the hell now?” he said, letting go.
I shook my head, afraid of his reaction to the truth.
He laughed once. “Unbelievable. The only girl I want and she doesn’t want me.”
I swallowed, knowing I would have to get close to the truth than I had in months. “When Chloe and I moved here, it was with the understanding my life was going to turn out a certain way. Or that it wouldn’t turn out a certain way. The violence, the gambling, the drinking…its what I left behind. When I’m around you…it’s all right there for me in an irresistible package. I didn’t move hundreds of miles away to live it all over again.”
He pulled my chin up so that I would face him. “I know you deserve better than me. You think I don’t know that? But if there was any woman made for me…its you. I’ll do whatever I have to do, babe. Do you hear me? I’ll do anything.”
I turned away from his grip, ashamed that I couldn’t tell him the truth. I was the only one that wasn’t good enough. I would be the one to ruin everything; to ruin him. He would hate me one date, and I couldn’t see the look in his eye when he came to that conclusion.
He held the door shut with his hand. “I wont drink a drop again, I’ll learn to control my anger. I’ll give you the happy ever after, babe. If you just believe in me, I can do it.”
“I don’t want you to change.”
“Then tell me what to do. Tell me and I’ll do it,” he pleaded.
Any thoughts of being with Alex were long gone, and I knew it was because of my feelings for Dougie.
“Can I borrow your phone?” I asked.
Dougie pulled his phone from his pocket, handing it to me.
I dialled, then closed my eyes as it rang in my ear.
“Dougie? What the hell? Do you know what time it is?” Alex answered. His voice was deep and raspy, and I instantly felt my heart vibrating in my chest, “I’m sorry for calling you so early, but this couldn’t wait. I…cant go to dinner with you on Wednesday. I can’t see you at all, actually.”
“Heidi…”
“I’m…pretty sure I’m in love with Dougie,” I said, bracing for his reaction.
After a few moments, he hung up on me. I handed Dougie his phone and then reluctantly peered up at his expression. A combination of confusion and adoration scrolled across his face.
He scanned my face with careful hope in his eyes, “You love me?”
“It’s the tattoos,” I shrugged.
A wide smile stretched across his face, making his eyes sparkle. “Come home with me,” he said, enveloping me into his arms.
My eyebrows shot up. “You said all that to get me in bed? I must have made quite an impression.”
“The only thing I’m thinking about right now is holding you in my arms all night.”
“Let’s go,” I smiled.
Despite the excessive speed and shortcuts, the ride to the apartment seemed endless. When we finally arrived, Dougie carried me down the corridor. I giggled against his lips as he fumbled to unlock the door. When he set me down and closed the door behind us, he let out a long, relieved sigh. “It hasn’t felt like home since you left,” he said, kissing my lips.
Baby scampered down the hall, wagging her little tail, pawing at my legs. I cooed at her as I lifted her off the floor.
Danny’s bed squeaked, and then his feet stomped across the floor. His door flew open as he squinted from the light. “Fuck no, Doug, you’re not pulling this shit! You’re in love with Hei…,” his eyes focused and he recognised his mistake.
“…di. Hey, Heidi.”
“Hey, Dan,” I smiled, setting Baby on the floor.
Dougie pulled me past his still-shocked cousin, and kicked the door shut behind us, pulling me into his arms and kissing me without a second thought, as if we had done it a million times before. I pulled his shirt over his head, and he slipped my jacket off my shoulders. I stopped kissing him long enough to remove my vest top, and then crashed into him again. We undressed each other, and within seconds he lowered me onto the mattress. I reached above my head to pull open the drawer, searching for anything that crackled.
“Shit,” he said, panting and frustrated. “I got rid of them.”
“All of them?” I breathed.
“I thought you didn’t…if I wasn’t with you, I wasn’t going to need them.”
“You’re kidding me!” I said, letting my head fall against the headboard.
His forehead fell against my chest. “Consider yourself the opposite of a foregone conclusion.”
I smiled and kissed him. “You’ve never been with anyone without one?”
He shook his head. “Never.” I looked around for a moment, lost in thought. He laughed once at my expression, “What are you doing?”
“Ssh, I’m counting.” Dougie watched me for a moment, and then leaned down to kiss my neck. “I can’t concentrate while you’re doing tha…” I sighed. “The twenty-fifth and two days…” I breathed.
Dougie chuckled. “What the hell are you talking about?”
“We’re good,” I said, sliding down so I was directly beneath him.
He pressed his chest against mine, and kissed me tenderly. “Are you sure?”
I let my hands glide from his shoulders to his back side and pulled him against me. He closed his eyes, and let out a long, deep groan as he pushed his hips further and entered me. “Oh my God, Heidi,” he breathed. He rocked into me again, another hum emanating from his throat. “Fuck, you feel amazing. I’m not gonna last long like this, babe.”
“Is it different?”
He looked into my eyes. “It’s different with you, anyway, but,” he took a deep breath and tensed again, closing his eyes for a moment. “I’m never going to be the same after this.”
His lips searched every inch of my neck, and when he found his way to my mouth, I sunk my fingertips into the muscles of his shoulders, losing myself in the intensity of the kiss.
Dougie brought my hands above my head and intertwined his fingers with mine, squeezing my hands with each thrust. His movements became a bit rougher, and I dug my nails into his hands, my insides tensing with incredible force.
“Dougie,” I cried out, biting my lip and clenching my eyes shut.
“Heidi,” he whispered, sounding conflicted, “I need a…I need to…”
“Don’t stop,” I begged.
He rocked into me again, groaning so loudly I thought I heard Danny bang on the wall. After a few labored breaths, he looked into my eyes, and then kissed me over and over. His hands cupped each side of my face and then he kissed me again, slower, more tender.
He touched his lips to mine, and then my cheeks, my forehead, my nose, and then finally returned to my lips.
I smiled and sighed, exhaustion setting in.
Dougie pulled me next to him, situating the covers over us. I rested my cheek against his chest, and he kissed my forehead once more, locking his fingers together behind me
“Don’t leave this time, okay? I wanna wake up just like this in the morning.”
I kissed his chest, feeling guilty that he had to ask.
“I’m not going anywhere.”
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:28 am

“Wow,” he breathed, “I’ve missed your mouth.”
What THE HELL was that?! RUDE, RUDE, you IDIOT! Mad

“How am I supposed to know when you’re gonna get done? Oh. That didn’t come out right…”
Hahaha, that's the Dougie we know ^^

Obviously, Heidi can't feel a thing anymore for Alex! because once you've tasted Dougie, everything must be tasteless! Cool

“You’re fucking beautiful.”
The fact it doesn't sounds rude just because Dougie is saying is kinda disturbing... Twisted Evil

Awwwwwwwwwwww Dougie and Heidi back to loooove ♥️

I loved it! Very Happy

Let's hope she won't get pregnant though... But I think I nearly can feel it coming =S

Anyway, AWESOME chapter! ♥️ xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:18 am

omg. just caught up.
I have a feeling Alex was cheating. I don't know why. I just do. And I'm glad you chose Dougie. 'Cause let's face it. It's Doug. And... It's Doug...

LOVE IT
MORE
SOON
NOW
PLEAAAAASE
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

http://let-the-flamesbegin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:17 pm

♥ C H A P T E R | E I G H T E E N ♥
I awoke on my stomach, naked and tangled in Dougie Poynter’s sheets. I kept my eyes closed, feeling his fingers caressing my arm and back. He exhaled with a deep, contented sigh, speaking in a hushed tone. “I love you, Heidi. I’m going to make you happy, I swear I will.”
The bed concaved as he shifted, and then his lips were on my back in slow, small kisses. I remained still, and just as he had made his way up to the skin just below my ear, he left me to walk across the room. His footsteps plodded down the hall, and the pipes whined with the water pressure of the shower.
I opened my eyes and sat up, stretching. Every muscle in my body ached, muscles that I never knew I had. I held the sheet to my chest, looking out the window, watching the yellow and red leaves spiral from their branches to the ground.
His phone vibrated somewhere on the floor, and after clumsily searching the crumpled clothes on the floor, I found it in his jeans pocket. The display with lit with only a number, no name.
“Hello?”
“Is uh…is Dougie there?” a woman asked.
“He’s in the shower, can I take a message?”
“Of course he is. Tell him that Frankie called, would ya?”
Dougie walked in, tightening his towel around his water-splotched waist, and smiled as I held out his phone.
“It’s for you,” I said.
He kissed me before looking at the display and shook his head. “Yeah? It was my girlfriend, what do you want, Frankie?” he listened for a moment then smiled, “Well, my babe’s special,” After a long pause, he rolled his eyes. I could only imagine what she was saying. “Don’t be a bitch Frankie. Listen, you can’t call me anymore…well, love will do that to ya,” he said, looking at me with a soft expression. “Yes, with Heidi. Actually, I’ve got a perfect life right now with Heidi, so no, I don’t need to get one. I mean it Frank, no more phone calls…bye.”
He tossed his phone on the bed, and then sat beside me. “She was a little pissy. Did she say anything to you?”
“No, she just asked for you.”
“I got rid of the couple of numbers I had on my phone, but I guess that doesn’t stop them from calling me. If they don’t figure it out on their own, I’ll set them straight.”
He watched me expectantly, and I couldn’t help but smile. I had never seen this side of him.
“I trust you, you know.”
He pressed his lips to mine. “I wouldn’t blame you if you expected me to earn it.”
“I’ve gotta get a shower. I’ve already missed one class.” I stood up,
“Frankie said there’s a Halloween party this weekend at The Red Lion. I went with her last year, it was pretty fun.”
“I’m sure it was,” I said, raising an eyebrow.
“I just mean a lot of people go. They have a pool tournament and cheap drinks…wanna go?”
“I don’t do the dress up thing.”
“I don’t either I just go,”
I shrugged, “Are we still going bowling tonight?” I asked, wondering if the invitation was just to get some alone time that we no longer needed.
“Fuck yeah! I’m gonna kick your arse!”
I narrowed my eyes at him, “Fat chance, I have a super power.”
He laughed. “And what’s that? Harsh language?” I leaned over to kiss his neck once, and then ran my tongue up to his ear, kissing his earlobe. He froze in place.
“Distraction,” I breathed into his ear.
He grabbed my arms and flipped me onto my back. “You’re gonna miss another class now.”

After finally talking him into leaving the apartment long enough to attend Maths, we raced to campus, and slid into the seat just before Paul began. Dougie turned his red hat backwards to plant a kiss on my lips, in full view of everyone in the room.
On our way to the cafeteria, he took my hand in his, intertwining our fingers as we walked. He seemed so proud to be holding my hand, announcing to the world that we were finally together. Tom noticed, looking at our hands, and then to me with a ridiculous grin. He wasn’t the only one, our simple display of affection generated stares and murmurs of everyone we passed.
At the door of the cafeteria, Dougie blew out his last puff of smoke, looking at me when I hesitated. “What, babe?” he asked, tugging on my hand.
“Everyone is watching us.”
He pulled my hand to his mouth and kissed my fingers. “They’ll get over it. It’s just the initial shock. C’mon,” he said, pulling me through the door.
We sat down in our usual spots with our food. Chloe smiled at me with a knowing expression. She chatted as if everything was normal, but the footballers on the next table were staring at me like I was on fire.
“You staying over tonight?” Danny asked, his words garbled among the bread in his mouth. “I promise I wont come out of my room swearing.”
“You were just defending my honour, Dan. You’re forgiven,” I said.
Dougie took a bite of his apple and chewed, looking happy as I’d ever seen him. The peace in his eyes had returned, and even as the dozens of people watched our every move, everything felt…right.
I thought of all the times I had insisted being with Dougie was the wrong decision, and how much time it took me to admit my feelings for him. Looking across the table at his soft, blue/green eyes, I couldn’t remember what I was so worried about.
“He looks awful happy. Did you finally give it up, Heidi?” Jack said,
“You’re not very smart, are ya?” Danny said to him, frowning.
The blood instantly rose to my cheeks, and I looked to Dougie who had murder in his eyes. My embarrassment took a back seat to Dougie’s anger and I shook my head dismissively, “Just ignore him.”
I reached my hands across the table, sliding my fingers into his. “You meant what you said last night, didn’t you?”
He began to speak, but Jack’s laughter filled the room. “Dougie Poynter is whipped?”
“Did you mean when you said you didn’t want me to change?” he asked, squeezing my hand.
I looked at Jack who was laughing to his team mates, and then turned to Dougie.
“Absolutely. Teach him some manners.”
A mischievous grin spread across his face and Jack swallowed back his laughter.
“Hey, I was just givin’ you a hard time, Dougie,” he said.
“Apologise to my girlfriend,” Dougie said, glowering over at him.
Jack looked at me with a nervous grin. “I…I was just joking, Heidi. I’m sorry.”
I glared at him as he looked for Dougie for approval. When Dougie walked away, Jack snickered, then whispered something to his team mate. My heart began to pound when I saw Dougie stop in his tracks and ball his hands into fists at his side.
Danny shook his head. “Just remember when you wake up, Jack…that you bring it on yourself.”
Dougie picked up Tom’s tray off the table and swung it into Jack’s face, knocking him off his seat. Jack tried to scramble under the table, Dougie pulled him out again by his legs, and then began to wail on him.
Jack curled into a ball, and then Dougie kicked him in the back. Jack turned and arched, holding his hands out, allowing Dougie to land several punches to his face. The blood began to glow, and Dougie stood up.
“If you even look at her you piece of shit, I’ll break your fuckin’ jaw!” He yelled. I winced. Some of the students stood up to get a better look. The football team simply stared at Jack’s limp body on the floor, shaking their heads.
Dougie turned, and Danny grabbed both my arm and Chloe’s hand as he stood, pulling us out behind his cousin. We walked the short distance to mine and Chloe’s building. Chloe and I sat on the wall outside, watching Dougie pace back and forth.
“You okay, Doug?” Danny asked.
“Just…give me a minute,” he said, his hands still balled up.
Danny shoved his hands in his pockets. “I’m surprised you stopped.”
“Heidi said teach him some manners, Dan, not kill him. It took everything I had to stop when I did.”
Chloe looked at Dougie through her large sunglasses, “What did Jack say that set you off, anyway?”
“Something he’ll never say again,” Dougie seethed.
She looked at Danny who shrugged. “I didn’t hear it.”
“I’m going back in there,” he said, turning round.
“Your girls out here. You don’t need to go back in there,” Danny said, touching Dougie’s shoulder.
Dougie looked at me, forcing himself to stay calm. “He said…everyone thinks Heidi had…”
Tom walked up behind Dougie. “Every straight guy on campus wants to try her out because she landed the unattainable Dougie Poynter,” he shrugged. “That’s what they’re saying in there anyway. I just came out to see if you’re alright, mate.”
Dougie shouldered past Tom, ignoring his question, heading for the cafeteria. Danny bolted after him, grabbing his arm. My hands flew to my mouth when Dougie swung, and Danny ducked. My eyes darted to Chloe who seemed unaffected, accustomed to their routine.
I could think of only one thing to stop him.
I jumped off the wall, ran towards him and jumped on him. I wrapped my legs around his waist, and he gripped my thighs as I grabbed each side of his face, planting a long, deep kiss on his mouth. I could feel his anger melt away as he kissed me, and when I pulled away, I knew I had won.
“We don’t care what they think, remember? You can’t start now,” I said, smiling with confidence. I had more of an effect on him than I ever thought possible.
“I cant let them talk about you like that, babe,” he said with a frustrated frown, lowering me to my feet.
I slid my arms under his, interlocked my fingers behind his back. “Like what? They think I have something special because you’ve never settled down before. Do you disagree?”
“Definitely not, I just cant stand the thought of every guy in the uni wanting to bag you because of it.” He pressed his forehead to mine.
“This is going to make me crazy. I can already tell.”
“Don’t let them get to you, Dougie,” Danny said, “you cant fight everybody.”
Dougie sighed. “How would you feel if everybody thought about Chloe like that?”
“Who says that don’t?” Chloe said, offended.
We all laughed when she made a face. “I wasn’t joking.”
Danny lifted her off the wall, set her on her feet and kissed her cheek. “I know, sweetheart. I gave up being jealous a long time ago. I’d never have time to do anything else.”
Chloe smiled in appreciation, and then hugged him. Danny had an uncanny ability to make everyone around him feel at ease, no doubt the result from growing up around Dougie and his brothers.
Dougie nuzzled my ear, and I giggled until I saw Alex approach. The same sense of urgency I’d felt when Dougie wanted to return to the cafeteria overcame me, and I instantly let go of Dougie to quickly walk over to Alex.
“I need to talk to you,” he said.
“Now isn’t a good time, Alex. Dougie and Jack just got into it at lunch, and he’s still a little wound up.”
Alex eyed Dougie, and then returned his attention to me, determined. “I just heard what happened. I don’t think you realise what you’re getting yourself into. Dougie is bad news, Heidi. Everybody knows it. No one is saying it’s a good thing that it’s a good thing that you’ve turned him around…they’re all waiting for him to do what he does best. I don’t know what he’s told you, but you have no clue what kind of person he is.”
I felt Dougie’s hands on my shoulders. “Why don’t you tell her, then?”
“Do you know how many humiliated girls I’ve taken home from parties after they’ve spent a few hours alone in a room with him? He’s going to hurt you.”
Dougie’s fingers tightened in reaction, and I rested my hand on his until he relaxed. “You should go.”
“You should listen to what I’m saying.”
“Don’t fucking tell her what to do!” Dougie growled. Alex didn’t take his eyes from mine.
“I’m worried about you.”
“I appreciate it, but it’s unnecessary.”
Alex shook his head. “He saw you as a long-term challenge, Heidi. He has you thinking you’re different from the other girls so he could get you in the sack. He’s going to get tired of you.”
Dougie stepped around me, standing close to Alex. “I let you have your say. My patience has run out.”
Alex looked at me.
“Don’t you fucking look at her.”
Alex focused on Dougie’s eyes and waited. “If you so much as breath in her direction, you’ll be needing your own personal trainer, but one to help you walk again.”
Alex looked at me, “I thought you were smarter than that,” He said, shaking his head as he walked away. Dougie watched him leave, and then turned around, his eyes searching mine. “You know that’s a bunch of bullshit, right? It’s not true.”
“I’m sure that’s what everyone is thinking,” I grumbled, noting the interest of those walking by.
“Then I’ll prove them wrong.”
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:01 am

YES YES YES YES. GO AWAY ALEX!!
More soon! :B
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:22 am

IN YA FACE ALEX!

Heidi should have slapped him though...

ANYWAY, I love it! And I hope people and rumors won't lead Dougie and Heidi to break up! That'd be awful! :O

Thaaaanks for the amazing chapter!
xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:33 pm

♥ C H A P T E R | N I N T E E N ♥
As the week went on, Dougie took on his promise very seriously. He no longer entertained the girls that stopped him to and from class, and at times he was rude about it. By the time we walked into The Red Lion for the Halloween party, I was a little nervous about how he planned to keep the intoxicated girls away.
Chloe, Abby, Libby and I sat at a nearby table while watching Dougie, Danny, Harry and Tom. “Go baby!” Chloe called, standing on the rungs of her stool.
Danny winked at her then took a shot, sinking it in the far right pocket. “Woooo!” She screamed.
A trio of women dressed as Charlie’s Angels approached Dougie while he waited for his turn, and I smiled as he tried his best to ignore them. When one of them traced the outline of one of his tattoos. Dougie pulled his arm away.
He waved her off so he could make his shot, and she pouted to her friends.
“Can you believe how ridiculous they are? The girls here are shameless,” Chloe said.
Libby shook her head in awe. “It’s Dougie. I think it’s the bad-boy thing. They either want to save him, or think they’re immune to his wicked ways. I’m not sure which.”
“It’s probably both,” I laughed, giggling at the girls waiting to pay them attention. “Can you imagine hoping you’re the one he’ll pick? Knowing you’ll be used for sex?”
We all jumped off out stools and joined the policemen and vampires on the dance floor. I glanced at Dougie over my shoulder and caught him watching me from the corner of his eye, pretending to watch Harry sink the last ball. Danny collected their winnings, and Dougie walked to the long, shallow table that bordered the dance floor, taking a drink. When he returned to our table with the other guys, they were all watching. “I’m going to get another drink, want anything?” Chloe shouted over the music.
“I’ll go with you,” I said, looking at Libby and Abby and pointing to the bar. They shook their heads and carried on dancing.
The bartenders were rushed off their feet, so we settled in for a long wait. “The boys are making a killing tonight,” Chloe said.
“Why anyone bets against them I’ll never understand.”
A man in a toga leaned against the bar beside Chloe and smiled. “What are you ladies drink tonight?”
“We buy our own beverages, thanks,” Chloe said, facing forward.
“I’m Liam,” he said, them pointed to his Superman friend, “This is Andy.”
I smiled politely, looking to Chloe who was giving her best ‘go away’ expression. The lady behind the bar took our order and Liam gave her some money and nodded. The lady gave us the tray with our orders, plus four shot glasses with green, frothy liquid in them. “It’s Apple Sourz, with a little something else,” Liam smiled, taking his down.
“I saw you dancing out here,” Andy said to me, nodding to the dance floor, “You looked good.”
“Uh…thanks” I said, trying to remain polite, wary that Dougie was just a few yards away.
“You wanna dance?” he asked.
I shook my head. “No, thanks. I’m here with my b-”
“Boyfriend,” Dougie said, appearing out of nowhere. He glared at the men standing in front of him.
Chloe couldn’t contain her smug smile as Danny wrapped his arm around her. Dougie nodded across the room, “Run along, now.” The men glanced at Chloe and I, and then walked away. Danny kissed Chloe, “I can’t take you anywhere!” She giggled, and I smiled at Dougie who was glowering down at me.
“What?”
“What did you let them buy your drink?”
Chloe let go of Danny, noticing Dougie’s mood.
“We didn’t, Dougie. I told them not to.” Dougie took the bottle from my hand.
“Then what’s this?”
“Are you serious?” I said.
“Yes, I’m fucking serious,” he said, tossing the beer in the bin by the bar. “I’ve told you a hundred times…you can’t be taking drinks from random guys. What if he put something in it?”
Chloe held up her glass. “The drinks were never out of our sight, Doug. You’re overreacting.”
“I’m not talking to you,” Dougie said, his eyes boring into mine.
“Oi!” I said, instantly angry. “Don’t talk to her like that.”
“Dougie,” Danny warned, “Let it go.”
“I don’t like you letting other guys buy you drinks,” Dougie said.
I raised an eyebrow. “Are you trying to pick a fight?”
“Would it bother you to walk up to the bar and see me sharing a drink with some chick?”
I nodded once. “Okay. You’re oblivious to all women now. I get it. I should be making the same effort.”
“It would be nice.” His eyes were still bright with anger, and an innate urge to go on the offensive bubbling to the surface.
“You’re going to have to tone down the over-jealous boyfriend thing Dougie. I didn’t do anything wrong.”
Dougie shot me an incredulous look. “I walk up here, and some guy is buying you a drink!”
“Don’t tell at her!” Chloe said.
Danny put his hand on Dougie’s shoulder.
“We’ve all drank a lot, let’s just get out of here,” he said.
I went over to the dance floor, “Dougie is in a shitty mood, we’re leaving,” I said to Libby and Abby. They both rolled their eyes and waved as I left the dance floor. Just as I spotted Chloe and Danny, I was tugged backward by a man in a pirate costume.
“Where do you think you’re going?” he smiled, bumping against me. I laughed at the silly face he was making. Just as I turned to walk away, he grabbed my arm. It didn’t take long for me to realise he wasn’t grabbing at me, he was grabbing for me - for protection.
Dougie shoved his way onto the dance floor, and plunged his fist straight into the pirate’s face, the force sending us both to the ground. Feeling something warm and wet on my hand, I turned it over and recoiled. It was covered in blood from the man’s nose.
Dougie scrambled to pick me up. “Oh shit! Are you all right, babe?”
When I got to my feet, I yanked my arm from his grip. “Are you insane?”
Chloe grabbed my wrist and pulled me through the crowd to the car park. Danny unlocked the door and I slid into my seat, Dougie turned to me. “I’m sorry, babe I didn’t know he had a hold of you.”
“Your fist was two inches away from my face!” I said, catching the old rag that Danny chucked to me. I wiped the blood from my hand, revolted.
The seriousness of the situation darkened his face and he winced. “I wouldn’t have swung if I thought I could have hit you. You know that, right?”
“Shut up, Dougie. Just shut up!” I said, staring at the back of Danny’s head.
“Babe…” Dougie began.
Danny hit his steering wheel with the heel of his hands. “Shut the fuck up, Dougie! You said you’re sorry, now shut the fuck up!”
The trip home was completely silent. When we arrived in front of mine and Chloe’s building, Danny moved his seat forward to let me out. Chloe kissed her boyfriend goodnight, “I’ll see you tomorrow, baby.”
Danny nodded in resignation and kissed her, “Love you.”
I walked past Dougie to Chloe’s side, and he jogged in front of me. “C’mon, don’t leave mad.”
“I’m not leaving mad. I’m furious.”
“She needs some time to cool off, Dougie,” Chloe warmed as we walked up to the building’s main doors.
“Don’t leave, babe. I was out of line, I’m sorry.”
I held up my hand showing him the remnants of dried blood on my palm. “Call me when you grow up.”
“You can’t leave,” he said, his expression turned desperate.
“It’s not gonna work, Dougie,” I said, tugging on the door he was holding closed. “Move!”
“What do you mean it’s not going to work?” He asked, grabbing my arm.
“The sad face, I’m not falling for it,” I said, pulling away.
“I’m gonna fuck up. I’m gonna fuck up a lot, babe, but you have to forgive me.”
“I’m going to have a huge bruise on my arse in the morning! You hit that guy ‘cause you were pissed off at me! What should that tell me?”
“I’ve never hit a girl in my life,” he said, surprised at my words.
“And I’m not about to be the first!” I said, tugging on the door. “Move, fuck sake!”
Dougie nodded, letting go. I opened it. “You’re gonna call me tomorrow, right?” he asked. I refused to meet his eyes or reply, just let the door shut behind me.

The night was long. I kept looking at the door, and wondering whether I should call Dougie or not. The last time I looked at the clock, it read four, and birds were already chirping outside.
When I opened my eyes again, Chloe was poking my arm, “Oh good, you’re awake,” she grinned. “You realise people like you and Doug are going to fight, right?” Chloe said.
I turned over on my bed. “You’re officially fired. You’re a terrible conscience.”
She laughed. “I just know you. If I handed you my car keys right now, you’d go straight over there.”
“I would not!”
A faint knock came from the door. Chloe ran out of my room and to the door.
“Can I come in?” I heard Dougie ask in a low, raspy voice. He appeared at my bedroom doorway, the dark circles under his eyes announced his lack of sleep.
“Are you okay?” I asked, worried about his exhausted look.
He walked in and fell to his knees in front of me. “I’m so sorry, Heidi. I’m sorry,” he said, wrapping his arms around my waist and burying his head in my lap.
I cradled his head in my arms. Dougie looked up at me. “I know I get crazy when it comes to you, but I’m tryin’, babe. I don’t wanna fuck this up.”
“Then don’t.”
“This is hard for me y’know. I feel like any second you’re gonna figure out what a piece of worthless shit I am and leave me. When you were dancing last night, I saw a dozen different guys watching you. You go to the bar, and I see you thank that guy for your drink. Then that prick on the dance floor grabs you.”
“You don’t see me throwing punches every time a girl talks to you. I can’t stay locked up in the apartment all the time. You’re gonna have to get a grip on your temper.”
“I will. I’ve never wanted a girlfriend before, babe. I’m not use to feeling this way about anyone. If you’ll be patient, I’ll get it figured out.”
“Let’s get something straight; you’re not a piece of worthless shit, you’re amazing. It doesn’t matter who asks me to dance or who flirts with me. I’m going home with you. You’ve asked me to trust you, but you don’t seem to trust me.”
He frowned. “That’s not true.”
“If you think I’m going to leave you for the next guy that comes along, then you don’t have much faith in me.”
He tightened his grip. “I’m not good enough for you, babe. That doesn’t mean I don’t trust you, I’m just bracing for the inevitable.”
“Don’t say that. When we’re alone, you’re perfect. We’re perfect. But then you let everyone else ruin it. I don’t expect a full one-eighty, but you need to pick your battles.”
He nodded. “I’ll do anything you want. Just…tell me you love me.”
“You know I do.”
“I need to hear you say it,” he said, his brows pulling together.
“I love you,” I said, touching my lips to his. “Now stop being such a baby and get in here.”
He laughed, crawling into the bed with me.
We spent the next hour in the same spot under the covers, giggling and kissing.
He looked at me, his eyes suddenly focused, and he kissed my cheek. “Why don’t you come home with me?”
I rested my hand on the back of his neck, “I think I’m gonna stay here. I’m always at your apartment.”
“His head popped up from the pillow. “So? You don’t like it there?”
I touched his cheek and sighed. He was so quick to worry. “Of course I do, but I don’t live there.”
He ran the tip of his nose my neck. “I want you there. I want you there every night.”
“I’m not moving in with you.” I said, shaking my head.
“I didn’t ask you to move in with me. I said I want you there.”
“Same thing!” I laughed.
Dougie frowned. “You’re really not staying with me tonight.”
I shook my head, and his eyes travelled up the wall to the ceiling. I could almost see the wheels spinning inside his head. “What are you up to?” I asked, narrowing my eyes.
“I’m trying to think of another bet.”
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:16 pm

Yaaay another bet! Very Happy

But Dougie is sooo overreacting! I hope he wouldn't kill anyone by accident! That'd be awful!!! affraid

Let's hope it'll get better for them, being in a stable relationship seems so precious to Dougie that he's overprotecting Heidi Embarassed

Awesome chapter as expected Razz
xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:10 am

YAY FOR ANOTHER BET!
More soon! :3
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:03 am

♥ C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y ♥
I flipped a tiny yellow pill in my mouth and swallowed, chasing it down with a glass of water.
I was standing in the middle of Dougie’s bedroom in a bra and knickers, getting ready to slip into my pyjamas.
“What’s that?” Dougie asked from the bed.
“My pill.”
He frowned. “What pill?”
“The pill, Dougie. You have yet to replenish your top drawer and the last thing I need is to worry about whether or not I’m going to get my period.”
“Oh.”
“One of us has to be responsible,” I said, raising an eyebrow.
“My God you’re sexy,” Dougie said, propping his head up with his head. “The most beautiful woman on campus is my girlfriend. That’s insanity.”
I rolled my eyes and slipped and purple silk over my head, crawling onto the bed. I straddled his lap and kissed his neck, giggling when he let his head fall against the headboard. “Again? You’re gonna kill me, babe.”
“You can’t die,” I said, covering his face with kisses. “You’re too damn mean.”
“No, I can’t die because there are too few many dickheads falling over themselves to take my place! I may live forever just to spite them!”
I giggled against his mouth and he flipped me onto my back. His finger slid under the delicate purple ribbon tied at the crest of my shoulder and slid it down my arm, kissing the skin it left behind.
“Why me, Doug?”
He leaned back, searching my eyes. “What do you mean?”
“You’ve been with all these women, refused to settled down, refused to even take a phone number…so why me?”
“Where is this coming from?” He said, his thumb caressing my cheek.
I shrugged. “I’m just curious.”
“Why me? You have half the men on campus just waiting for me to screw up.”
I wrinkled my nose. “That’s not true. Don’t change the subject.”
“It is true. If I hadn’t been chasing you from the beginning of school, you’d have more than Alex following you around. He’s just too self-absorbed to be scared of me.”
“You’re avoiding my question! And poorly, I might add.”
“Okay! Why you?” A smile spread across his face and he leaned in to touch his lips to mine. “I had a thing for you since I first saw you.”
“What?” I said with a dubious expression.
“It’s true. I saw you when I was playing and just had to talk to you at the party after. You looked amazing under the lighting. The wide-eyed innocent look you wore too…no pretences. You didn’t look at me like I was Dougie Poynter,” he said, rolling his eyes at his own words, “You looked at me like I was…I don’t know, a person I guess.”
“News flash, Doug. You are a person.”
He brushed away the bit of hair which had fallen in front of my eye. “No, before you came, Danny was the only one that treated me like anyone else. You didn’t get all awkward, or flirt, or run your fingers through your hair. You saw me.”
“I was a complete bitch to you, Dougie.”
He kissed my neck, “That’s what sealed the deal, babe.”
I slipped my hands down his back and into his boxers, “I hope this gets old soon. I don’t see myself ever getting tired of you.”
“Promise?” He asked, smiling.
His phone buzzed on the night table and he smiled, holding it to his ear. “Yeah…oh, hell no, I got my girl here with me. We’re just getting ready to go to bed…as a matter of fact we was gonna…shut the fuck up, Daz, that’s not funny…seriously? What’s he doing in town?” He looked at me and sighed. “All right. We’ll be there in half an hour…you heard me, dickhead. ‘Cause I don’t go anywhere without her, that’s why. Do you want me to smash your face in when I get there?” Dougie hung up and shook his head. I raised an eyebrow.
“That is the weirdest conversation I’ve ever heard.”
“That was Darren. Darrell is in town and it’s poker night at my dad’s.”
“Poker night?” I swallowed.
“Yeah, they usually take all of my money. Cheatin’ bastards.”
“I’m going to meet your family in thirty minutes?”
He looked at his watch. “Twenty-seven to be exact.”
“Oh my God, Dougie!” I wailed, jumping out of bed.
“What are you doing?” He sighed.
I rummaged through the closet and yanked on a pair of jeans, hopping up and down to pull them up, and then pulled the night gown over my head, throwing it into Dougie’s face. “I can’t believe you gave me twenty minutes notice to meet your family! I could kill you right now!”
He pulled my night gown from his eyes and laughed at my desperate attempt to look presentable. I grabbed a fitted, black v-neck jumper and tugged it into its proper position, and then ran to the bathroom, brushing my teeth and ripping a brush through my hair.
Dougie walked up behind me, fully dressed and ready, and wrapped his arms around my waist.
“I’m a mess!” I said, frowning in the mirror.
“Do you even realise how beautiful you are?” He asked, kissing my neck.
I hugged, scampering into his room to slip on a pair of heels, and then took Dougie’s hand as he led me to the door. I stopped, zipping up my black jacket. “Calm down, babe. It’s just a bunch of guys sitting around a table.”
“This is the first time I’m meeting your dad and want me to calm down?” I said, climbing in the car beside him.
He angled his neck, touching my cheek as he kissed me. “They’re going to love you, just like I do.”

When we arrived, I ran my fingers through my hair a few times after the blustery ride with the windows opened, before Dougie led me through the door.
The house was dated, with yellow and brown faded wallpaper and carpet in different shades of brown. We walked down the hall into a room straight ahead.
Smoke wafted into the hallway, and his brother and dad were seated at a round, wooden table with mismatching chairs.
“Boys, I’ll have no bad language in front of this young lady,” his dad said, the cigar in his mouth bobbed while he was talking.
“Babe, this is my dad, John Poynter. Dad, this is my girl.”
“My girl?” John asked, an amused expression on his face.
“Heidi,” I smiled, shaking his hand.
Dougie pointed to his brothers. “Darren, Darrell, Dylan and Deano.”
They all nodded, and all but Darrell looked like older versions of Dougie; stretched ears, blue/green eyes, tattoos. “Does Heidi have a last name?” John asked.
“Chapman,” I nodded.
“It’s nice to meet you, Heidi,” Darrell said, smiling.
“Really nice,” Darren said, giving me an impish once-over. John slapped the back of his head and he yelped. “What’d I say?” He said, rubbing the back of his head.
“Have a seat, Heidi. Watch us take Doug’s money,” one of the twins said. I couldn’t tell which was which; they were carbon copies of each other, even their tattoos matched.
The room was covered with vintage pictures of poker games, pictures of poker legends posing with John and who I assumed to be Dougie’s grandad, and antique playing cards along the shelves.
“You knew Stu Smith?” I asked, pointing to a dusty photo.
John’s squinty eyes brightened. “You know who Stu Smith is?”
I nodded, “My dad’s a fan too.”
He stood up, pointing to the picture beside it. “And that’s Matt Peters, there.”
I smiled. “My dad saw him play, once. He’s unbelievable.”
“Doug’s grandad was a pro…we take poker very seriously around here,” John smiled.
I sat between Dougie and one of the twins while Darrell shuffled the deck with moderate skill.
The boys put in their cash and John gave out the chips. Darren raised an eyebrow. “You wanna play, Heidi?”
I smiled politely and shook my head. “I don’t think I should.”
“You don’t know how?” John asked. I couldn’t hold back a smile.
Dougie kissed my forehead. “Play…I’ll teach you.”
“Kiss your money goodbye now, Heidi,” Darrell laughed.
I pulled two fifties out of my purse. I handed them to John and waited patiently as he traded them for chips. Darren’s mouth tightened into a smug smile, but I ignored him.
“I have faith in Dougie’s teaching skills,” I said.
One of the twins clapped their hands together. “I’m gonna get rich tonight!”
Darrell dealt and Dougie fanned out my hand for me. “Have you ever played cards before?”
“It’s been a while.”
“Go-Fish doesn’t count, sweetie,” Darren said, looking at his cards.
“Shut up your face, Daz,” Dougie said, glancing up at his brother before looking back at my hand. “You’re shooting for higher cards, consecutive numbers and if you’re really lucky, in the same suit.”
The first hand, Dougie looked at my cards and I looked at his. I mainly nodded and smiled, playing when I was told. Both Dougie and I lost, and my chips had dwindled by the end of the first round.
After Dylan dealt to begin the second round, I wouldn’t let Dougie see my cards. “I think I’ve got this,” I said.
“You sure?”
“I’m sure, baby,” I smiled. Dougie smiled at me with adoration.
Three hands later, I had won back my chips and annihilated the stacked chips of the others’ with a pair of Aces, a straight, and the hard card.
“Bullshit!” Darren whined. “Beginner’s luck sucks!”
“You’ve got a fast learner, Doug,” John said.
Dougie swigged his beer. “You’re makin’ me proud, babe!” his eyes were bright with excitement, and his smile was different than I’d ever seen before.
“Those that can’t do, teach,” Dylan said, smirking.
Four hands later, I tipped back the last of my beer and narrowed my eyes at the only man at the table that hadn’t yet folded. “The action’s on you, Deano. You gonna be a baby or you gonna put in like a man?”
“Fuck it,” it said, throwing the last of his chips in. Dougie looked at me, his eyes animated. It reminded me of the expressions of those watching his and Jack’s bust-ups.
“What ya got, babe?” Dougie asked.
“Deano?” I prompted.
A wide grin spread across his face as he spread his cards face-up on the table.
Five pairs of eyes turned to me. I scanned the table and slammed my cards down. “Read ‘em and weep, boys!” I said, giggling.
“A full house? What the fuck?!” Darren cried.
“Sorry. I’ve always wanted to say that,” I said, pulling in my chips.
Darrell’s eyes narrowed. “This isn’t just beginners luck. She plays.”
Dougie looked to me, “Have you played before, babe?”
I pressed my lips together and shrugged, trying to give my best innocent smile. Dougie’s head fell back, bursting into a barrage of laughter. He tried to speak but couldn’t, and then hit the table with his fist.
“You’re girlfriend just fucking hustled us!” Deano said, pointing in my direction.
“No fucking way!” Darren wailed, standing up.
“Good plan, Dougie. Bring a card shark to poker night,” John said, winking at me.
“I didn’t know!” he said, shaking his head.
“Bullshit,” Darrell said, eyeing me.
“I didn’t!” he said through his laughter.
“I hate to say it, bro. But I think I just fell in love with your girl,” Dylan said.
“Don’t even think about it,” Dougie said, his smile quickly fading into a grimace.
“That’s it. I was going easy on you, Heidi, but I’m winning my money back, now,” Darren warned.
Dougie sat out for the last few rounds watching his brothers try their hardest to regain their money.
Hand after hand, I pulled in their chips, and hand after hand, Darrell watched me more closely. Every time I laid my cards down Dougie and John laughed, Deano cursed, Dylan proclaimed his undying love for me, and Darren threw a full-blown tantrum.
I cashed in my chips and gave the, all one-hundred pounds once we settled into the living room. John refused, but the brothers accepted with gratitude.
Dougie grabbed my hand and we walked to the door. I could see he was unhappy, so I squeezed his fingers in mine.
“What’s wrong, baby?”
“You just gave away four hundred quid, babe!” Dougie frowned.
“If we were playing poker anywhere else, I would have kept it. I can’t rob your brothers the first time I meet them.”
“They would have kept your money!” he said.
“And I wouldn’t have lost a second of sleep over it, either,” Dylan laughed.
Darrell stared at me in silence from the corner of the room.
“Why do you keep starin’ at my girl, Darrell?”
“What did you say your last name was?” He asked.
I shifted my weight nervously. Dougie, noticing my unease, turned to his brother and put his arm around my waist. I wasn’t sure if he was doing it in protective reaction, or he was bracing himself for what his brother might say.
“It’s Chapman, why?”
“I can see why you didn’t put it together before tonight, Doug, but now you don’t have an excuse,” Darrell said, smug.
“What the fuck are you talking about?” Dougie asked.
“Are you related to Mick Chapman by any chance,” Darrell asked.
All heads turned in my direction. “How do you know Mick?”
Dougie angled his head to look into my eyes.
“He’s one of the best poker players that ever lived. Do you know him?”
I winched, knowing I had finally been cornered into telling the truth. “He’s my dad.”
The entire room exploded.
“NO FUCKING WAY!”
“I KNEW IT!”
“WE JUST PLAYED MICK CHAPMAN’S DAUGHTER!”
“MICK CHAPMAN? HOLY SHIT!”
Darrell, John and Dougie were the only ones not shouting. “I told you guys I shouldn’t play,” I said.
“If you should have mentioned you were Mick Chapman’s daughter, I think we would have taken you more seriously,” Darrell said.
I peered over at Dougie, who was staring at me in awe.
“You’re Lucky Thirteen?” he asked.
“Darren stood and pointed at me, his mouth opened wide. “Lucky Thirteen is in our house! No way, I don’t fucking believe it!”
“That was the nickname the papers gave me. And the story wasn’t exactly accurate,” I said, fidgeting.
“I need to get Heidi home, guys,” Dougie said, still looking at me.
“Why wasn’t it accurate?” John asked.
“I didn’t take my dad’s luck. I mean, how ridiculous,” I chuckled, twisting my hair nervously around my finger.
Darrell shook his head. “No, Mick gave that interview. He said at the midnight on your thirteenth birthday his luck ran dry.”
“And yours picked up,” Dougie added.
“That was a damn shame, Mick running your name through the mud like that. You were just a kid,” John said, shaking his head.
“If anything it was beginners luck,” I said,
“You were taught by Mick Chapman. You were playing pros and winning, at thirteen years old.” He looked at Dougie and smiled. “Don’t bet against her, son. She doesn’t lose.”
Dougie looked at me, his expression still shocked and disoriented. “Uh…we gotta go, Dad. Bye guys.”
The deep, excited chatter of Dougie’s family faded as he pulled me out the door and to the car.
I was sure he felt that I hadn’t been honest with him, and he was probably angry and embarrassed that he had found out at the same time his family. “I know you’re mad,” I said, unable to look him in the eyes as we undressed in his bedroom. “I’m sorry I didn’t tell you, but it’s not something I talk about.”
“Mad at you?” he said, “I’m so turned on I can’t see straight. You just robbed my brothers of their money without batting an eyelash. You have achieved a legend status with my Dad and I know for a fact that you purposely lost that bet we made.”
“I wouldn’t say that…”
“So you wanted to be here with me. I think I just fell in love with you all over again.”
“How are you not mad right now?” I asked, tossing my shoes into the wardrobe.
He sighed, “That’s pretty big, babe. You should have told me. But I understand why you didn’t. You came here to get away from all of that. It’s like the sky opened up…everything makes sense, now.”
“Well, that’s a relief.”
“Lucky Thirteen,” he said, shaking his head and pulling my shirt over my head.
“Don’t call me that, Dougie. It’s not a good thing.”
“You’re fucking famous, babe!” he said, surprised at my words. He unbuttoned my jeans and pulled them down around my ankles, helping me step out of them.
“My Dad hated me after that. He still blames me for all his problems.”
Dougie yanked off his shirt and hugged me to him. “I still can’t believe the daughter of Mick Chapman is standing in front of me, and I’ve been with you this whole time and had no idea.”
I pushed him away from me. “I’m not Mick Chapman’s daughter, Dougie! That’s what I left behind. I’m Heidi. Just Heidi!” I said, walking over to the closet. I yanked a t-shirt off its hanger and pulled it over my head.
He sighed. “I’m sorry. I’m just a little star struck.”
“It’s just me!” I held the palm of my hand to my chest, desperate for him to understand.”
“Yeah, but…”
“But nothing. The way you’re looking at me right now? This is exactly why I didn’t tell you.” I closed my eyes. “I wont live like that anymore, Doug. Not even with you.”
“Whoa! Calm down, babe. Let’s not get carried away.” His eyes focused and he walked over to wrap me in his arms. “I don’t care what you were or what you’re not anymore. I just want you.”
“I guess we have that in common, then.”
He led me to the bed, smiling down at me.. “It’s just you and me against the world, babe.”
I curled up beside him, settling into the mattress. I had never planned on anyone besides myself and Chloe knowing about Mick, and I never expected that my boyfriend would belong to a family of poker lovers.” I heaved a heavy sigh, pressing my cheek against his chest.
“What’s wrong?” he asked.
“I don’t want anyone to know, Doug. I didn’t want you to know.!
“I love you, Heidi. I wont mention it again, okay? You’re secret’s safe with me,” he said, kissing my forehead.

“Mr. Poynter, think you could tone it down until after class?” Peter said, reacting to my giggling as Dougie nuzzled my neck.
I cleared my throat, feeling my cheeks radiate with embarrassment.
“I don’t think so. Have you got a good look at my girl?” Dougie said, gesturing to me.
Laughter echoed throughout the room and my face caught fire.
“Just do your best.”
The class laughed again, and I sunk into my seat. Dougie rested his arm on the back of my chair, and the lecture continued. After class had been dismissed, Dougie walked me to my next class.
“Sorry if I embarrassed you. I can’t help myself,”
“Try.”
Alex walked by, and when I returned his nod with a polite smile, his eyes brightened. “Hey, Heidi. See you inside.” He walked into the classroom and Dougie glowered at him for a few tense moments.
“Hey,” I tugged on his hand until he looked at me. “Forget about him.”
“He’s been telling his friends that you’re still calling him.”
“That’s not true,” I said, unaffected.
“I know that, but they don’t. he said he’s just biding his time. He says you’re just waiting for the right time to dump me, and how you call him to say how unhappy you are with me and that you wish you’d never chosen me over him. He’s starting to really piss me off.”
“He’s got quite an imagination.”
“Would you get mad if I embarrassed you one more time?”
I shrugged and Dougie wasted no time leading me into the classroom. He stopped at my desk, setting my bag on the floor. He looked over at Alex and then pulled me to him, one hand on the nape of my neck, one hand on my bum, and then kissed me, deep and determined. He worked his lips against mine in the way he usually reserved for his bedroom, and I couldn’t help but grab his t-shirt with both fists.
The murmuring and giggled grew louder when after I became clear that Dougie wasn’t going to let go anytime soon.
“I think he just got her pregnant!” Someone from the back of the room said, laughing.
I pulled away with my eyes closed, trying to regain my composure. When I looked at Dougie, he was staring at me with the same forced restraint.
“I was just trying to make a point,” he whispered.
“Good point,” I nodded.
Dougie smiled, kissed my cheek and then looked to Alex who was fuming in his seat.
“I’ll see you at lunch,” he winked.
I fell against my seat and sighed, trying to shake off the tingling between my thighs.
I laboured through class, and when it was over I noticed Alex standing against the wall by the door.
“Alex,” I nodded, determined not to give him the reaction he was hoping for.
“I know you’re with him. He doesn’t have to violate you in front of everyone on my account.”
I stopped in my tracks and poised to attack.
“Then maybe you should stop telling your mates that I’m calling you. You’re going to push him too far and I’m not going to feel sorry for you if something happens.”
He wrinkled his nose. “Listen to you…you’ve been around him too much.”
“No, this is me. It’s just a side to me you know nothing about.”
“You didn’t exactly give me a chance, did you?”
I sighed. “I don’t want to fight with you, Alex. It just didn’t work out, okay?”
“No it’s not okay. You think I enjoy being the laughing stock on campus? I really fucking liked you, Heidi. Well, I still do.” He looked at me for a moment with a sigh, before he carried on. “Dougie Poynter is the one we all appreciate because he makes us look good. He uses girls, tosses them aside, and even the biggest dickheads will look like Prince Charming next to Dougie.”
“When are you gonna open your eyes and realise that he’s different now?”
“He doesn’t love you, Heidi. You’re a shiny new toy. Although, after the scene he made in class, I’m assuming you’re not all that shiny anymore.”
I slapped his face with a loud smack before I could realise what I’d done.
“If you would have waited two seconds, I could have saved you the effort, babe,” Dougie said, pulling me behind him.
I grabbed his arm. “Dougie, don’t.”
Alex looked a bit nervous as a perfect red outline of my hand appeared on his cheek.
“I warned you,” Dougie said, shoving Alex violently against the wall.
Alex’s jaw tensed and he glared at me.
“Consider this closure, Dougie. I can see now that you two are made for each other.”
“Thanks,” Dougie said, hooking his arm around my shoulders.
Alex pushed himself from the wall, glaring at both Dougie and I before walking away.
“Are you okay?” Dougie asked.
“My hand stings.”
He smiled. “That was hardcore, babe. I’m impressed.”
“He’ll probably sue me and I’ll end up paying the funds of his gym this year. What you doing here? I thought we were meeting in the café?”
One side of his mouth pulled up in an impish grin. “I couldn’t concentrate in class. I’m still feelin’ that kiss,” He said, pushing up against me. I could feel exactly what he meant.
I looked down the hall and then to him. “Come with me.”
His eyebrows pulled together over his smile. “What?”
I walked backwards, pulling him along with me. I felt the handle of the Chemistry lab. The door swung open, and I glanced behind me, seeing that it was empty and dark. I tugged on his hand, giggling at his confused expression and then locked the door, pushing him against it.
I kissed him and he chuckled. “What are you doin’?”
“I don’t want you to be unable to concentrate in class,” I said, kissing him again. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him.
“I’m not sure what I ever did without you,” he said, holding me up with one hand and unbuckling his belt with the other, “but I don’t ever want to find out. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted, babe.”
“Just remember that when I take all of your money in the next poker game,” I said, pulling off my t-shirt.
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:19 am

Awww we don't have all the sex-in-class scene? Gutted! Crying or Very sad ... (I'd have loved that Twisted Evil )

Anyway, I'VE WAITED SO LONG FOR HEIDI TO SLAP ALEX! This moment has finally come! Hurray! cheers

Let's hope Dougie won't be too "star struck" again later! I'd be awful for them...

Ahh I loved this chapter ! (as usual Very Happy)

Thanks so much Chloe, you're still an amazing writer I love you
xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:09 am

♥ C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y | O N E♥
I twirled around, scrutinising my reflection with a sceptical eye. It was white and backless, dangerously short, and the bodice was held up by a halter around my neck.
“Wow! Dougie is gonna piss himself when he sees you in that!” Chloe said.
I rolled my eyes. “How romantic.”
“You’re getting that one,” She said, clapping with excitement.
I took a turn on the bench while Chloe tried on dress after the other, more indecisive when it came to choosing one for herself. She settled on an extremely short, tight, flesh-coloured number that left one of her shoulder bare.
We drove back to the apartment to find Danny’s care gone, and Baby alone.
Chloe pulled out her phone and dialled, smiling when Danny answered.
“Where’d you go, baby?”
Baby’s ears twitched and she looked at Chloe.
Chloe nodded and then looked at me, “Why would I be mad? What kind of surprise?” she said, wary. She looked at me again and then walked into Danny’s bedroom, closing the door.
I rubbed Baby’s ears while Chloe murmured in the bedroom. When she emerged, she tried to subdue the smile on her face.
“What are they up to now?” I asked.
“They’re on their way home. I’ll let Dougie tell you,” she said.

I fidgeted, played with my hair and picked at my nails, unable to sit still while I waited for Dougie to unveil his latest surprise. A birthday party, a puppy - I couldn’t imagine what could be next.
There was rattling at the door and the boys were laughing. Danny walked in first,” I just didn’t want you to think there was a reason that he got one and I didn’t.”
Chloe threw her arm around him. “You’re so silly, Dan. Like I would get mad about that. If I wanted an insane boyfriend, I’d be with Dougie,” she said, smiling as she tilted her head to kiss him.
“It doesn’t have anything to do with how I feel about you,” Danny added.
Dougie walked in with a square gauze bandage on his wrist. He smiled at me and then collapsed on the sofa, resting his head on my lap.
I couldn’t look away from the bandage.
“Okay…what did you do?”
Dougie smiled and pulled me down to kiss him. I could feel the nervousness radiating from him.
“I got a few things today.”
“Like what?” I asked, suspicious.
Dougie laughed. “Calm down, babe. It’s nothing bad.”
“What happened to your wrist?” I said, pulling his hand up by his fingers.
There was a knock on the door and Dougie jumped up to open it.
One man walked in backwards, carrying a white leather sofa wrapped in plastic, followed by another man bringing in the rear. Dougie and Danny moved the sofa - with me and Baby still on it - forward, and then the men sat the new one in its place. Dougie pulled off the plastic and then lifted me in his arms, setting me on the new leather.
“You got a new one?” I asked, grinning from ear to ear.
“Yep, a couple of other things, too. Thanks guys,” he said as the men lifted the old sofa and left.
“There goes a lot of memories,” I smirked.
“None that I want to hold onto.” He sat beside me and sighed, watching me for a moment before he pulled off the tape that held the gauze on his arm. “Don’t freak out.”
My mind raced with what could be under that bandage. I imagined a burn, or stitches, or something equally gruesome.
He pulled the bandage back and I gasped at the simple black script tattooed across the under side of his wrist, the skin around it red and shiny from the antibiotic he had smeared on. I shook my head in disbelief as I read the word

Heidi

“Do you like it?” he asked.
“You had my name tattooed on your wrist?” I said the words, but it didn’t sound like my voice.
“Yeah,” he said, kissing my cheek as I stared in disbelief at the permanent ink on his skin.
“I tried to talk him out of it, Heidi. He hasn’t done anything crazy in a while. I think he was having withdrawals,” Danny said.
“What do you think?” Dougie prompted,
“I don’t know what to think,” I said.
“I love you. I want everyone to know I’m yours.”
I shifted nervously. “That’s permanent, Dougie.”
“So are we,” he said, touching my cheek.
“Show her the rest,” Danny said.
“The rest?” I said, looking down to his other wrist.
Dougie stood, pulling up his shirt. His impressively toned body stretched and tightened with the movement. Dougie turned, and on his side was another fresh tattoo, spanning the length of his ribs.
“What is that?” I asked, squinting at the vertical symbols.
“It’s Hebrew,” Dougie smiled.
“What does it mean?”
“It says ‘I belong to my beloved, and my beloved is mine.”
My eyes darted to his. “You weren’t happy with just one tattoo, you had to get two?”
“It’s something I always said I would do when I met ‘the one’. I met you…I went and got them.”
His smile faded when he saw my expression. “You’re pissed off, aren’t you?” he said, pulling his t-shirt down.
“I’m not mad. I’m just…it’s a little overwhelming.”
“Get used to it now, Heidi. Dougie goes balls to the wall on everything. This’ll tide him over until he can get a ring on your finger.”
Chloe’s eyebrows shot up, first to me, and then to Danny. “What? They only just got together!”
“I…need a drink,” I said, walking into the kitchen.
Dougie chuckled, watching me rifle through the cabinets. “He was kidding, babe.”
“I was?” Danny asked.
“He wasn’t talking about any time soon,” Dougie hedged. He turned to Danny and grumbled. “Thanks a lot, dick.”
“Maybe you’ll stop talking about it, now,” Danny grinned.
My face compressed as the glass of whiskey I took down burned my throat.
Dougie gently wrapped his arms around my middle from behind. “I’m not proposing, babe. They’re tattoos.”
“I know,” I said, nodding my head as I poured another drink.
Dougie pulled the bottle from my hand and put the cap on, shoving it back into the cabinet.
When I didn’t turn around, he pivoted my hips so that I would face him.
“Okay. I should have talked to you about it first, but I decided to buy the sofa, and then one thing led to another. I got excited.”
“This is very fast for me, Dougie. You telling me you love is, is fair enough, but mentioning moving in together, you just branded yourself with my name…this is very…fast.”
Dougie frowned. “You’re freakin’ out. I told you not to freak out.”
“It’s hard not to! You found out about my dad and everything you felt before has suddenly been amplified!”
“Who’s her dad?” Danny asked Chloe, who shook her head dismissively.
Dougie’s expression twisted with disgust. “My feelings for you have nothing to do with your dad.”
“We’re going to another date party tomorrow. It’s supposed to be this big deal where we’re announcing our relationship or something, and now you have my name on your arm and this proverb talking about how we belong to each other! I’m freaked out!”
Dougie grabbed my face and planted his mouth on mine, and then lifted me off the floor, setting me on the counter. His tongue begged entrance into my mouth, and when I let him in, he moaned.
“You’re so fucking hot when you’re mad,” he said against my lips.
“Okay,” I breathed. “I’m calm.”
He smiled, pleased that his plan of distraction had worked. “Everything’s still the same, babe. It’s just you and me.”
“You two are nuts,” Dougie said, shaking his head.
Chloe playfully hit him on the shoulder, “They’re adorable!” she grinned. “And she brought something for Dougie today, too.”
“Chloe!” I scolded.
“You found a dress?” Dougie asked, smiling.
“Yeah,” I wrapped my legs and arms around him.
“Tomorrow it’s going to be your turn to be freaking out.”
“I’m looking forward to it,” he said, pulling me off the counter. I waved to Chloe and Danny as Dougie carried me down the hall.
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:49 am

Soo Heidi's just kissing Dougie while sitting on the counter, in front of Chloe and Danny? Okay then Laughing

They're soo cute ♥️

The tattoo thing made me freak out for Heidi! Let's hope Dougie won't bring things too fast...

Eww, danny blew off all the engagement suspense! Buuuh! >.<

Awesome chapter ♥️ Smile xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:54 pm

♥ C H A P T E R | T W E N T Y | T W O♥
Friday after class, Chloe and I spent the afternoon in town primping and indulging. We had our nails done and ties done, errant hairs waxed, fake tans done and hair highlighted. When we returned to the apartment, every surface had been covered with bouquets of roses; reds, pinks, yellows and whites - it looked like a florist.
“Oh my God!” Chloe squealed when she walked in.
Danny looked around him standing proud.
“We went to buy you two flowers, but neither of us thought just one bouquet would do it.”
I hugged Dougie. “You guys are…you’re amazing. Thank you.”
He smacked my bum. “Thirty minutes until the party, babe.”
The boys dressed in Dougie’s room while we slipped out dresses on in Danny’s. Just as I was fastening the silver heels I borrowed from Chloe, someone knocked on the door.
“Time to go, ladies,” Danny said.
Chloe walked out, and Danny whistled.
“Where is she?” Dougie asked.
“She’s just having some trouble with her shoe,” Chloe explained.
“The suspense is killin’ me, babe!” Dougie called.
I walked out, fidgeting with my dress while Dougie stood in front of me, blank-faced.
Chloe elbowed him and he blinked. “Holy shit!”
“Are you ready to be freaked out?” Chloe asked.
“I’m not freaked out, she looks amazing,” Dougie said.
I smiled and then slowly turned around to show him the steep dip of the fabric in the back of the dress.
“Okay, you need a jacket.” He jogged into the bedroom and hastily draped my coat over my shoulders.
“You look beautiful, Heidi.” Danny said as an apology for Dougie’s behaviour.
Dougie’s expression was pained as he spoke, “You do. You look incredible…it’s short…wow, your legs are…it’s too short, it’s only half a dress! It doesn’t even have a back on it! It’s fucking sexy, it’s more than sexy, but I can’t let you wear it around other guys!” He said, pushing down the bulge that had formed under his skinny jeans. “I’ll get into a fight with one of the bastards there within the first five minutes we’re there, babe.”
I leaned up to kiss him, “I have faith in you.”
“This night is gonna suck,” he groaned.
“This night is gonna be fantastic,” Chloe said, disagreeing.
“Just think of how easy it’ll be to get off later,” I said kissing his neck.
“Babe, don’t make my situation worse, especially when we’re about to walk out of the door,” his eyebrows pulled up in desperation. I winked and slapped him on the bum as we got outside the apartment.

I huddled next to Dougie for warmth as we walked from the car to the building where the date party was being held. The air was smoky, but warm. Everyone seemed to turn at once when we walked in. I wasn’t sure if it was because Dougie was at a date party, or because of my dress, but they were all staring.
Dougie and Danny took our coats, then led us across the room to the kitchen. Danny gave us all a beer from the fridge, then we got talking to a couple of guys and their dates. Rachel was easy to recognise. I’ll never forget the look on her face when Dougie ditched her the morning after the celebratory party to come sit with us. She watched me with curiosity. I knew she was curious why Dougie Poynter apparently found me irresistible, and I found hands on Dougie, inverting clever quips at precise moments of conversation, and joked with him about his new tattoos.
“Dude, you got your girl’s name on your wrist? What the fuck possessed you to do that?” One of the guys said.
Dougie proudly turned over his hand to reveal my name. “I’m crazy about her,” he said, looking down at me with soft eyes.
“You barely know her,” Rachel scoffed.
He didn’t take his eyes from mine. “We spend every second together. I know her,” he furrowed his brow, “I thought the tattoos freaked you out. Now you’re bragging about them?”
I leaned up to kiss his cheek and shrugged. “They’re growing on me.”
Danny and Chloe made their way down to the basement and we followed, hand in hand.
Furniture was pushed to the walls to make enough room for a dance floor. A slow song started to play and Dougie didn’t hesitate to pull me into the middle, holding me close and pulling my hand to his chest. “I’m glad I’ve never went to one of these things before I met you. It’s right that I’ve only brought you. Even though you went off with Alex last time.”
I smiled and pressed my cheek against his chest. He held his hand against my lower back, warm and soft against my bare skin. “Everyone’s looking at you in this dress,” he said. I looked up expecting to see him tensed, but he was smiling. “It’s kind of a nice feeling knowing I’m with the girl everyone wants.”
I rolled my eyes. “They don’t want me. They’re curious why you want me. And anyway, I am hopelessly and completely in love with you, so I feel sorry for anyone who thinks they have a chance.”
A pained look shadows on his face. “You know why I want you? I didn’t know I was lost until you found me. I didn’t know what alone was until the first night I spent without you in my bed. You’re the one thing I’ve got right. You’re what I’ve been waiting for, babe. And now I’ve got you, I’m never ever gonna let you go.”
I reached up to take his face between my hands and he wrapped his arms around me, lifting me off the floor. I pressed my lips against his, and he kissed me with the emotion of everything he had just said. It was in that moment that I realised why he’d gotten the tattoo, why he had chosen me, and why I was different. It wasn’t just me, and it wasn’t just him, it was what we were together.
A faster beat vibrated the speakers, and Dougie lowered me to my feet. “Still wanna dance?”
Chloe and Danny appeared beside us and I raised an eyebrow. “If you think you can keep up with me.”
Dougie smirked. “Try me.”
I moved my hips against his and ran my hands up his shirt, unbuttoning his top three buttons, Dougie chuckled and shook his head. I turned around, moving against him to the beat. He grabbed my hips and I reached around, grabbing his backside. I leaned forward, pressed my bum to his hardening dick and his fingers dug into my skin.
When I stood up, he touched his lips to my ear. “Keep that up and we’ll be leaving early.”
I turned around and smiled, throwing my arms around his neck. He pressed himself against me and I slipped my hands up his shirt, pressing my finger into the lean muscles of his back, smiling at the noise he made when I tasted his neck. “Jesus, babe, you’re killin’ me,” he said, gripping the bottom of my dress, pulling it up just enough to graze my bum with his fingertips.
Two songs later, the hair on the back of my neck was heavy and damp. Dougie kissed the skin just below my ear. “C’mon babe. I need a fag.”
He led me up the stairs, and then grabbed my coat before leading me to the second floor. We walked out onto the balcony to find Alex and his date. She was taller than me, her short, dark hair flat and pinned back with a single hair clip. I noticed her pointy stilleto’s immediately, with her leg hooked around Alex’s hip. She stood with her back against the bricks, and when Alex noticed us walk out, he pulled his hand from under her skirt.
“Heidi,” he said, surprised and breathless.
“Hey, Alex,” I said, fighting a laugh.
“How, uh…how have you been?”
I smiled politely. “I’ve been great, you?”
“Uh,” he looked at his date, “Heidi, this is Hayleigh. Hayleigh…Heidi.”
“Heidi as in the one you were like head over heels for?” she asked.
“Aren’t you glad you chose me now, babe? He might have made you look like a cheap, un-classy slut like this one. Up against a brick wall,” Dougie snickered.
Hayleigh’s eyes flicked to Dougie then to me. She hook my hand with a disgusted look on her face. “Nice to meet you…I guess.”
“Hayleigh,” Alex warmed.
Dougie laughed once then opened the door for them to walk through. Alex grabbed Hayleigh’s hand and retreated into the house.
“That was…awkward,” I said, leaning against the railing.
Dougie was all smiles. Not even Alex could dampen his mood. “At least he’s moved on from trying to get you back.”
“I don’t think he was trying to get me back so much as trying to keep me away from you.”
Dougie wrinkled his nose. “He took one girl home for me once. Now he acts like he’s made a habit of saving every girl I bagged.”
“Did I tell you how much I loathe that word?”
“Sorry,” he said, pulling me to his side as he puffed out smoke, but it was thicker than usual as it mixed with the winter air.
He turned his hand over and took a long look at his wrist. “This tattoo makes me feel at ease, it’s like you’re close to me even when you’re actually nowhere near me. If I feel this way about a tattoo, I can’t imagine how it’s going to feel to get a ring on your finger.”
“Dougie…”
“In four, maybe five years,” he added.
I took a breath. “We need to slow down. Way, way down.”
“Don’t start this, babe.”
“If we keep going at this pace, I’m going to be pregnant before I graduate. I’m not ready to move in with you, I’m not ready for a ring, and I’m certainly not ready to settle down.”
Dougie gripped my shoulders and turned me to face him. “This isn’t the ‘I wanna see other people’ speech, is it? Because I’m not sharing you. No fucking way!”
“I don’t want anyone else. I’m just saying we need to slow it down a little.”
He nodded, clearly unhappy. I touched his arm. “Don’t be mad.”
“It seems like we take one step forward and two steps back, babe. Every time I think we’re on the same page, you put up a wall. I don’t get it…most girls are hounding their boyfriends to get serious, to talk about their feelings, to take the next step.” He let his head drop, frustrated. “I’m tired of guessing. Where do you see this going, Heidi?”
I pressed my lips against his cheek, “When I think about my future, I see you..”
Dougie relaxed, pulling me close. I looked up at him for a brief moment. I saw the same peace in his eyes that I had witnessed only a handful of times, and it hit me, that just like the other nights, his content expression was a direct result of reassurance from me.
I had experienced insecurity, those living one stroke of bad luck to the other; men who were afraid of their own shadow. But Dougie Poynter wasn’t afraid to fight, or to defend someone he cared about, or to look into the humiliated and angry eyes of a used woman. He could walk into a room and stare down someone twice his size.
He was afraid of nothing. Until he met me. I was the part of his life that was unknown, the wild card, the variable he couldn’t control.
I had become his weakness.
“Heidi! There you are! I’ve been looking for you!” Chloe said, bursting through the door. She held up her phone. “I just got off the phone with my dad. Mick called them last night. Your mum kept hanging up on him.”
“What did he want?” I said, feeling sick.
“To know where you are. My dad had to tell him, he thought he had the right to know.”
“He’s going to come here!” I said, feeling my eyes burn as tears were beginning to form.
A familiar pair of strong, protective hands rested on my shoulders. “He won’t hurt you, babe. I wont let him,” Dougie said.
“He’ll find a way,” Chloe said, watching me. “He always does.”
“I have to get out of here,” I pulled my coat around me and pulled the handle of the balcony doors. Dougie took me under his arm and we went through the house, down the stairs and through the crowd to the front door. The three of them struggled to keep up with me as I rushed to the car.
“Heidi!” Chloe said, pointing to a small group of people.
They were crowded around an older, dishevelled man who pointed frantically to the house, holding up a picture. I stormed over to him and pulled the photo from his hands. “What the fuck are you doing here?”
The crowd dispersed, walking into the house, and Danny and Chloe stood on each side of me. Dougie cupped my shoulders from behind.
“Just turn around, Mick, go back to wherever you came from. I don’t want you here.”
“I seemed to have got myself in trouble, kiddo. Your old dad needs some money.”
“What else is new?” Chloe sneered, sarcastically.
I closed my eyes. “How much?”
“Twenty-five.”
“Twenty-five thousand quid?!” Dougie said from behind me.
Mick’s eyes scanned over Dougie, “Who’s this clown?”
I felt Dougie’s weight lean into my back as he restrained himself. “I can see, now, why a smart guy like yourself has been reduced to asking your daughter for an allowance.”
Before Mick could speak, I pulled my phone out.
“Who do you owe this time?”
“Benny.”
My mouth fell open, “You owe Benny?!”
Benny is one of the most dangerous men I’ve ever come across. Him and Mick met when I travelled with Mick to Vegas. “I don’t have that sort of money, Mick.”
He smiled. “Something tells me you do.”
“Well, I don’t! I knew you wouldn’t stop until you got yourself killed! That‘s exactly what‘s going to happen if you don’t pay Benny back!”
The smug grin disappeared from his face. “How much you got?”
I clenched my jaw. “Eleven thousand. I was saving for a car.”
Mick’s eyes were suddenly animated. “You can double that in a weekend, Cookie. If you can get the twenty-five by Sunday, Benny wont send his men for me.”
“It’ll clean me out! I have to pay to live and be educated here, y’know!”
“Oh, you can make it back in no time,” he said, waving his hand dismissively. “Deadline is Monday morning, midnight.”
“You don have to give him a penny, babe. It’s his shit, not yours,” Dougie said.
Mick grabbed my wrist. “It’s the least you could do! I wouldn’t be in this mess if it weren’t for you!”
Chloe slapped his hand away. “Don’t you dare start this shit again. She didn’t make you borrow money from Benny!”
“If it weren’t for her, I woulda had my own money. You took everything from me, Heidi. I have nothing!”
“I’ll get your money to Benny by Sunday. But when I do, I want you to leave me the fuck alone. I won’t do this again, from now on you’re on your own.”
He pressed his lips together. “Have it your way, Cookie.”
I turned around and headed for the car, heaving Chloe behind me. “Pack your bags, boys. We’re going to Vegas.”
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:10 pm

Ohhh noooo this is going to be awful once in Vegas... Troubles are coming, I can feel it...

A Vegas trip? Sounds cool but REALLY dangerous... Ugh...

I thought this story was near the end but actually, it's taking a new start; that's awesomely written, Chloe! Very Happy

I LOVE IT MORE AND MORE! I love you

Thank you sooo much! xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by elisabethhh Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:16 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG
HAHAHAHAH XD ALEX FUCKED UP BIG TIME HAHAHAHAH XD
OMG MICK IS JUST .... AHHHHH.....!!!!!!! I'm so glad my dad is normal... xD
VEEEEGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS Very Happy
Very Happy
Great chapter Very Happy
more when you can Very Happy
xxxxx
elisabethhh
elisabethhh
We Are The Young
We Are The Young

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:35 am

VEGAS?!
omg.
omg.
omg.
I hope it all goes well.
omg.
more soon?!
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum