McFly Fiction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed]

+2
HannaWestwood
ChloeRussellx
6 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed]

Post by ChloeRussellx Sun May 20, 2012 8:45 pm

♥ C H A P T E R | E I G H T ♥
Alex arrived dead on time, I decided to wait outside ot save the bad vibe between him and Dougie. Alex drove a brand new blacked out, black Range Rover, the height that he is, I couldn’t imagine him being able to fit into anything smaller. He stepped out wearing his usual grin, “Evening,” He greeted and kissed my cheek. He took my hand and walked me to the other side of the car and helped me in. He got back into the drivers’ side chuckling. “I’m gonna have to start bringing a foot stool with me for you.” I giggled back, I never thought I was short until now. “You look beautiful, by the way,” He smiled as he pulled away from the curb. I got the same compliment from him every time, “Thanks, Alex. You look amazing yourself.” He does constantly. Alex covered both of my hands which were placed together on my lap, in one of his hands. He had to let go every now and again to change gear then the warmth would return to my hands again. We drove for about twenty minutes until we reached a building. It didn’t look like it had been vacant for ages. I looked at him confused. He just wore his usual smile that made me go weak as he came round to help me out of the car. With his hand in mine, he led me round the side of the building where there was a door. He held it open an dlet me enter first. The room was completely empty, no décor, no anything. When Alex let the door shut behind him I was left standing in complete darkness. “Alex?” His hands came at my hips, startling me.
“It’s okay, just keep walking forward, you’ll come to a door,” He answered, softly.
A few seconds passed and my eyes adjusted to the darkness and I saw the door in front of me. Alex leant around me to open it. When he pushed it open, flickering lights filled the room. I gasped with shock and happiness. There was a single square table in the middle of the room, there were candles scattered all over and was an aisle of them leading to the table.
There were a large vase of mixed coloured roses with gorgeous decorative ribbon around the neck of the vase. I could smell the delicious aromas of cooked meat and other food but I couldn’t see anything. Without saying a word, he led me down the candle aisle and pulled my chair out for me before taking a seat opposite me. I could just see his head over the top of the bouquet inbetween us. “They’re yours, beautiful. But do you mind if we remove them for the time being? I can’t see your amazing eyes with them her.” I smiled and blushed at his comment, “Sure.” I went to pick them up but Alex stopped me.
“I’ll have someone keep them safe for you,” He smiled sweetly. “Drew?!” He shouted, his voice echoed off the empty walls. A door opened from the side of the room and Drew came out wearing a suite and tie, looking rather uncomfortable. “Can you take these so they’re out of the way, please?” Alex asked.
“Yes, your Royal Highness,” Drew mumbled and picked the vase up.
“Thanks man,” Alex chuckled.
“You ready yet? If I’m in there with it any longer it’s gonna get eaten,” Drew complained. Alex looked back at me.
“I hope you’re hungry, we’ve got a 3 course meal on the way. If this idiot hasn’t ate it all.” I grinned at Alex,
“I’m actually starving.” I’ve not had anything in my stomach today other than liquid,
“Wine, beer or something non-alcoholic to go with your starter?” Drew sighed,
“Wine please, Drew.”
“Beer for me.” Drew nodded and shuffled back into the next room.
“So, what is this place?” Or what was it for that matter,
“It’s mine. I brought it last week, I’m working on opening up my own gym, I’m half way there. I’ve got it all planned, right now we’re sitting in what will be the ladies’ changing room. Where Drew is out there, that’s going to split in half just like this, and is going to be the showers.” I have to admit, I was very impressed.
Drew came out juggling everything. He had two plates piled in one hand, a large platter of food in the other hand. He had a bottle of Rose wine under his arm, a can of beer under the other and a glass in both of his blazer pockets.
“Little help here?” I took the bottle and can from under his arms and set them on the side of the table. He put the platter down in the middle of the table. It looked lovely, it had breaded mushrooms, stuffed potato skins, BBQ chicken wings and two types of dips. Drew sat the two empty plates in front of Alex and I.
“What do you want for your mains?” He asked. I looked at him confused, he’s gonna cook something when there’s no electricity?
“You can have anything, fish and chips, steak and chips, sausage and mash…?” Drew listed.
“Fish and chips does sound nice right now.”
“Steak and chips please,” Alex answered.
“Be back in a bit, then,” He said then headed for the door Alex and I had entered from.
“Tuck in, this stuff is amazing,” Alex grinned and stuck a mushroom in his mouth. “Fuck!” He cursed and chewed rapidly, opening his mouth every other chew to let some air in, and heat out. I couldn’t help but giggle at his desperation. He swallowed hard then gulped down some of his beer.
“Hot?” I asked with a snicker,
“Ha ha,” He answered sarcastically, still with a grin, he poured the rest of his beer into the pint glass. I dipped a mushroom into the sour cream and chive dip and put it in my mouth, smiling at him smugly.
“How?!” His eyes widened.
“I’m always burning my tongue on something so I’m just used to it now.”
My phone began vibrating in my pocket, I apologized to Alex before answering.
“What time you home, babe?” Dougie asked on the other end, I sighed.
“I don’t know Dougie, why?” When I said Dougie’s name, Alex’s eyes shot up to me as he listened curiously.
“I’ve rented a couple of movies, one of them is Beauty and the Beast” He knows that’s my all time favourite Disney movie. “I thought we could watch them together tonight. I brought you some wine and I’ve got some beers.”
“I’m not sure what time but we can as soon as I do get back.”
“Great! See you soon!”
I hung up quickly then turned my phone off. “What was that about?” Alex asked right away,
“He’s got some movies and wanted to know when I’d be back.”
“Do I have to get your back quick?” I could sense the frustration in Alex. I ignored this and smiled at him,
“Course not, I’m in no rush. Unless you want rid of me?”
Alex gasped tightly, “Not at all, I’d have you the entire week if I could.”

The evening went on and we had just finished off a piece of cheesecake each, well I ate half of mine and Alex finished it aswell as his own. “I’m stuffed!” He leant back on his chair and patted his stomach. Drew came back out again, “Pay up,” He said, holding his hand out in front of Alex. He slid his hand into his pocket and got out his wallet.
“How much?” He asked,
“Well, you said 40 quid for me and the restaurant want 45 quid.” My eyes widened. I reached into my bag and pulled out two £20 notes.
“Here,” I tried to give it to Drew but Alex grabbed it,
“Not a chance, I brought you here and knew it was gonna cost a bit so I’m paying.” He shoved the money back in my hand.
“Please don’t say anything else about it,” He pleaded then took his hand off mine.
“Now I can get outta this monkey suite,” Drew complained and took his blazer off as he walked off. Alex chuckled at his friend,
“I’d better get you home, I’ve gotta be here at six in the morning,” He took my hand.
“Why so early?
He chuckled at my shocked expression. “I’ve got someone coming to wire all the electrics at seven so I’ll have to be ready,” He explained. He helped me into the car and Drew jumped into the back holding my roses. Alex locked up then jumped into the car next to me.
“I’ll be getting rid of Drew before I drop you off,” He smiled at me then pulled away from the building. He had his huge hand over mine just as he had on our way there. Ten minutes later we arrived outside of Drew’s building. He placed the vase where he’s been sitting and done the seat belt up around it. I had to laugh, he’d obviously thought of that, “Bye love birds,” He said before closing the car door. I looked at Alex who was flashing his dimple, “I liked the sound of that,” He admitted. As soon as we headed off again, his hand returned. He parked up outside of the building and removed his hand so he could shift his body round to look directly at me. He was wearing a smile that made butterflies flutter in my tummy. He placed his large hand on my cheek and stroked away a bit of hair.
“I’m so glad you agreed to coming out with me.”
“I’m glad you’ve asked me, what you done this evening was beautiful, no one’s ever done anything like that for me.” Alex’s usual grin returned.
“It’s your birthday in a couple of weeks, right? Just wait until then,” He winked. I felt my cheeks deepen in colour, I hate things like that.”
“I’d better let you get going, thanks a lot for this evening, I’ve had an amazing time,”
“When can you go out with me again?” I thought about it, I’d agreed to bowling with the others tomorrow night, but am free the day after. “Thursday?”
His eyes brightened, “I’ll pick you up at five again, it’ll only be a quiet thing though, you could come to my place, maybe?” He asked. I nodded with a smile.
Alex leaned over and softly pressed his lips to mine as he had each time we’d gone out. This time though he kissed me rougher, hungrier. He asked for entry of his tongue by pushing it against my lips, I allowed it to go further and massaged mine against his. He moaned into my mouth then trailed his way down my jaw to my neck. I opened my eyes for a couple of seconds and looked down at him. As my eyes trailed, I noticed how his jeans had tightened greatly against his crotch. He moved back up to my mouth but when I didn’t respond as eagerly, he pulled away from my lips but was still close to me. “What’s wrong beautiful?” He asked softly and breathless.
“I’m sorry, Alex, I’m not comfortable about going further than a kiss yet,” I admitted. His face was soft,
“Hey, it’s fine, I understand,” His dimple returned as he smiled.
“It’s not that I’m not attracted to you in that way, because I definitely am, we just don’t know each other that well yet.” Alex chuckled,
“Sweetheart, it’s fine. I should try to contain myself, but the moment I’m with you I can’t get enough, never mind touching you. And kissing you…ah fuck,” He mumbled at the end and pushed at his crotch.
“I’ll go down eventually,” He grinned at me. Both our attention went to the front door of the building where Dougie was waiting. “See, it’s now gone down,” Alex winked. I giggled at that, I loved how he could have my mood perked up again instantly. “Go on then beautiful, I’ll see you Thursday,” He kissed me a couple more times before getting out of the car himself to come help me. He got me out and I felt his manhood poke my stomach and he looked at me with a guilty smile. I laughed at him and kissed him, I could feel him smile against my lips so I brought my hand up to his cheek and lightly brushed my thumb over his dimple. This made him moan and pull away slightly, “You’re not helping my situation right now, sweetheart.”
“Oops,” I giggled, he got my flowers from the backseat.
“Go on, you tease,” He grinned and patted my bum as I walked away from him. The closer I got to Dougie, the more I could see the scowl on his face. I turned back to Alex who was now in his car, I saw the reason for Dougie’s expression. Alex was wearing a smirk, I giggled lightly as I waved. He waved back and winked before pulling away and disappearing round the corner. I turned back to Dougie who was now looking at me, wearing a not quite smile. “He really doesn’t respect you does he?” He commented as he held the door open. “He looked like he was about to whack it out and rape you right there.” I shot Dougie a dirty look, “He did!” He said, holding his hands up innocently. I walked into one empty apartment, “Where’s Danny and Chloe?” I sat the flowers neatly on the coffee table then went to the bedroom to change, leaving the door open a bit.
“Dan took her out to some restaurant, he said they’ll be back later. Dougie sat a crate of beer down on the coffee table with a wine glass. He ripped the seal off the bottle and began turning the metal round the cork. “Careful, it might explode,” I warned him. He shrugged me off with a flick of his hand. He made one final pull at the cork and it went flying down the hall and landed outside the bedroom door . “Oh shit!” He shoved the overflowing bottle in his mouth which caused his cheeks to puff up. His face screwed up in disgust as he swallowed and took the bottle out of his mouth. I couldn’t help but smirk and give him a ‘I told you so’ look. “This is disgusting, I hate wine.” He poured me a glass and sat the bottle on the table as I came out. I took a sip and smiled, I was already still feeling tipsy from the smaller bottle I’d drunk when I was with Alex. “So, what film first?” He asked holding up ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and ‘Pretty Woman’.
“Beauty and the Beast, please,” I tucked my feet up under me as I sat on the sofa.
“This will be the first ever Disney movie I’ve ever watched. I know about them all but never watched one.” My eyes widened as he sat down beside me.
“You must be crazy! Disney make some of the best classics!”
“I’ve never had a chance to. Mum died when I was five, I grew up with an alcoholic Dad and brothers with the arsehole gene.” I couldn’t help but feel for him. I don’t like hearing about these things happening in Dougie’s life. As if he read my mind he said, “ It’s fine, I don’t remember Mum, Dad recovered and my brothers grew up,” He smiled. I didn’t know what to say to him. “So, what are you and Chloe doing all the way here? Isn’t there a uni nearer to you?” He asked. I wasn’t expecting that. I hesitated on whether to answer or not. “It’s okay babe, Chloe told me it’s a difficult topic for you, I was just curious that’s all. All that matters is that you’re here, right?” He smiled and pulled my feet onto his lap and started massaging them.
“Can I ask you something? Please don’t get made though, babe,” I got slightly worried by this. I waited for him to carry on. “This Alex dick, have you slept with him?” He looked down at his hands that were massaging.
“No, I haven’t slept with him,” His eyes shot up to me.
“Really? How comes?” His eyes were full of curiosity and something else which I couldn’t work out. “I just haven’t, I like him but I don’t know him well enough. How do I know he’s not just gonna do one and never look at me again once I sleep with him?”
Dougie frowned, “If anyone ever does that to you, they won’t have a dick left,” He growled.
“Kissing him makes me feel bad enough ‘cause I know he wants more.” A hint of humour filled Dougie’s face.
“It’s only kissing, babe,” I frowned at him, “Sex is nothing either, really, you shouldn’t give it too much thought. If anyone hurts you I’ll hurt them, simple.”
“Sex means nothing to you, but doesn’t mean it won’t mean something to me!” I raised my voice at him.
“Well it’s not! Twenty minutes or so and it’s over, no big deal.”
“You’re such a pig Dougie! I don’t see why any girl would go near you!” His eyes were really wide with shock.
“Woah! Why is it such a big deal to you? It’s only sex, no big deal what so ever.”
“Well it is to me!”
“Why?!”
“Because I’ve never slept with anyone, Dougie, that’s fucking why!” I stormed into the bedroom and slammed the door. “Babe?” He called softly from the other side.
“Go away Dougie! I don’t wanna look at you right now,”
“Plea…” he began,
“Or hear you!” I yelled. I waited a minute or two before opening the door. Dougie was sitting on the floor with his back to the wall. He leaped up right away. Before he could say anything, I held my hand up. “I’m getting a bath, I need to shave my legs.”
“About time, they’ve been tearing mine up during the night,” Dougie grinned. I shot him a dirty look and closed the bathroom door behind me.

I walked into the living room where Dougie was sat with his head in his hands. He looked up at me with pleading eyes. I took a seat beside him and wrapped my arms around his side. He pulled me tight against him, “I didn’t mean to offend you babe. I’m sorry,” he said softly into my ear.
“Now you know why I’m so set against sleeping with you too,” I laughed nervously not sure of what his reaction would be. “I’ve told you babe, I don’t want to sleep with you.”
I picked up my glass of wine and passed him his half empty can. I clinked my glass against his can. “To being the only girl a guy with no standards doesn’t want to sleep with,” I said, taking a mouthful.
“Are you serious?” he asked, pulling the glass from my mouth. When I didn’t say anything, he carried on. “First of all…I have standards. I’ve never been with an ugly woman. Ever. Second of all, I wanted to sleep with you. I’ve thought about throwing you over my sofa fifty different ways, but I haven’t ‘cause I don’t see you that way anymore. It’s not that I’m not attracted to you. I just think you’re better than that.” I couldn’t hold back the smug smile that crept across my face. “You think I’m too good for you,”
He sneered at my second insult. “I can’t think of a single guy that’ll ever be good for you, I’ve grown to like you too much so I don’t think I’ll ever think anyone’s good enough.”
The smugness melted away and was replaced with a touched, appreciative smile. “Thanks, Doug,” I said, setting my empty glass on the table.
“Can we get back to our films now?” He smiled. I snuggled against Dougie and his arm went around my shoulders and onto my tucked up legs. “Nice legs,” He commented, stroking one.
“Didn’t I mention I have a magic razor?”
“I don’t think it’s the razor.” He snuggled into my hair. I closed my eyes and smiled to myself. He’s so cozy. I felt his lips against my cheek, then down on my neck. I pushed him away like I had last time he tried that.
“Dougie!” I yelled with wide eyes.
“I’ve been drinking, all right?” He said,
“When you were in the bath, I drank all my beers.” I had wondered where all the other cans had gone. “You’re skin was three inches from my face, you’re fucking beautiful. I kissed you again, and I’d do it a hundred more times too! I’m sorry! Get over it!” His excuse made the corners of my mouth turn up.
“You think I’m beautiful?” He frowned with disgust.
“You’re gorgeous and you know it! What are you smiling about?” I tried to quell my amusement. “Nothing, let’s just watch the movie.” Dougie laughed once and shook his head.
“What…? You…? You’re a pain in the arse!” He glared at me. I couldn’t stop smiling and after a few seconds Dougie’s mouth turned up. He shook his head again then hooked his arm around me, “You’re making me crazy. You know that, right?”
We climbed into bed around eleven. I re-arranged my pillows then looked towards Dougie. He stared at me for a moment, and I felt a twinge in my chest. I had an almost ravenous urge to grab his face and plant my mouth on his, but I fought against the wine and hormones raging through my bloodstream. “Night babe,” he whispered, turning over. I fidgeted, not yet ready to sleep. “Doug?” I said, leaning up to rest my chin on his shoulder.
“Yeah?”
“I know I’m drunk and we got into a ginormous fight, but…”
“I’m not having sex with you, so stop asking,” he joked, his back still turned to me.
“What? No!” Dougie laughed and turned, looking at me with a soft expression.
“What babe?”
I sighed. “This…” I said, laying my head on his chest and stretching my arm across his middle, snuggling as close to him as I could. I kissed his chest then relaxed back down on him.
“You are drunk,” He chuckled, his chest vibrated beneath me.
“I know,” I said, too intoxicated to be embarrassed.
He relaxed one hand against my back and the other on my hair, and then pressed his lips to my forehead. “You are the most confusing woman I’ve ever met.” A few seconds of silence then Dougie asked, “You want me to hold you until you fall asleep?” I didn’t answer. He shifted to look straight into my eyes. “I should say no to prove a point,” I said, my eyebrows pulling together. “But I would hate myself later if I said no and you never asked me again.” I nestled my cheek against his chest and he tightened his arms, sighing. “You don’t need an excuse, babe. All you have to do is ask.”
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx
Going Through The Motions

http://www.twitter.com/chloerussellx

Back to top Go down

Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed] - Page 2 Empty Re: Beautiful Disaster [16+][Completed]

Post by elisabethhh Sun May 20, 2012 9:49 pm

oooh. i thought i'd comment on the other chapter. but oh well Razz

This is great Very Happy
I love how Heidi and Dougie act around each other Very Happy
Can't wait for more Very Happy
xxxx
elisabethhh
elisabethhh
We Are The Young
We Are The Young

http://fallinginlovefiction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Thu May 24, 2012 5:31 am

omg I love this.
I keep having a mental argument with myself on who she should choose or who she's going to end up with and omg it's so sweet but dfkgjfkjgblkdf
more soon!!!!
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

http://let-the-flamesbegin.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 am

elisabethhh wrote:oooh. i thought i'd comment on the other chapter. but oh well Razz

This is great Very Happy
I love how Heidi and Dougie act around each other Very Happy
xxxx

Hahaaa it dont matter Very Happy
Next chapter coming! ;D
xxxx
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Thu May 24, 2012 6:22 am

if looks could kill wrote:omg I love this.
I keep having a mental argument with myself on who she should choose or who she's going to end up with and omg it's so sweet but dfkgjfkjgblkdf
more soon!!!!

Hahaha xD
I'll post the next chapter now!
Thanks for reading Very Happy
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Thu May 24, 2012 6:25 am

♥ C H A P T E R | N I N E ♥
I woke up with a startle as the alarm screeched. Dougie was still snoring lightly, he surrounded me with both his arms and legs. I manouvered an arm free to pound the snooze button. Wiping my face, I looked over at him, sleeping soundly two inches from my face. “Oh my God,” I whispered, wondering how we’d managed to become so tangled. I took a deep breath and held it as I worked to free myself from his grip. He groaned and squeezed me against him. After several attempts, I finally slid from his grip and sat on the edge of the bed, looking back at his half-naked body draped in covers. I watched him for a moment and sighed. His hand slid across the sheets and touched my fingers. “What’s wrong, babe?” he asked, his eyes barely open. “I’m going to get a coffee, you want anything?” Dougie shook his head and closed his eyes, his cheek flat against the pillow.
“Morning Heidi,” Danny said from the sofa when I entered the living room.
“How did your night go?”
“It was lovely, and your date with Alex?” He smiled.
“It was beautiful, Dan. He hired Drew as our waiter to serve us a three course meal, the room was filled with candles and everything,” I gushed.
“Quite the gentleman, huh? He even brought you roses, I see. Hang on, why you up so early?” he asked, looking at the clock.
“The alarm went off, but I always wake up early after I drink.”
“Alex get you drunk, then?”
“Him and Dougie both played a part in it. Well, mainly Dougie to be honest.” I smiled thinking of the peaceful Dougie I left in the bedroom.
“I’d better go wake Chloe up. But I wanna say one thing first. I don’t know what’s going on with you and Dougie, but I know that he’s going to do something stupid to piss you off. It’s a talent he seems to have. He doesn’t get close to anyone very often, and for whatever reason he’s let you in. but you have to overlook his demons. It’s the only way he’ll know.”
“Know what?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at his melodramatic speech.
“If you’ll climb the over the wall,” he answered simply. I looked at him confused, “All I’m saying is don’t give up on him, you’re obviously good for him.”
“I wont, I promise.” After that, he disappeared into his bedroom. I heard soft murmurs, a protesting groan, and then Chloe’s sweet giggling.
After class that day, Alex stopped me in the corridor. “Don’t forget about tomorrow,” he smiled,
“I wont, five o’clock again.”
“And, there’s a party this weekend, you wanna go with me?” Dougie had already mentioned this party, it wouldn’t be right going with Alex.
“I’m already going with Dougie, but I’ll see you there,” I smiled. Alex looked disappointed and suspicious. “You’re going to a date party with Dougie?”
“Yeah, he asked me a couple of weeks ago, it wouldn’t be right to ditch him now,” I defended.
“Alright, well at least I’m the only one who gets to kiss you, right?” He smiled and kissed me softly, “I’ll see you tomorrow, beautiful,” he walked one way and I walked the other. I rounded the corner and straight into Dougie. His face was hard as he stared at his feet. “What’s wrong, Doug?” He didn’t look up from his feet.
“Nothing,” He answered then walked away.
In the cafeteria, I sat my plate next to Chloe, but Dougie didn’t sit in his normal seat next to me. Instead, he sat a few seats down. “You okay, Doug?” I asked. I realised he hadn’t said much since I saw him in the corridor.
“Me? Fine, why?” He said, smoothing the features of his face.
“You’ve just been quiet.”
The usual footballers on the next table were laughing loudly. Dougie looked a bit annoyed as he rolled his food around on his plate. One of them tossed a chip at Dougie. “What’s up Doug? I hear you bagged Rebecca Davies. She’s hot! You should be happy.”
“Shut up, Jack,” Dougie said, keeping his eyes on his plate. Jack knows he irritates Dougie, that’s why he makes a thing about talking to him in front of his buddies.
“Knock it off,” I defended Dougie. I also didn’t like to hear about Dougie ‘bagging’ someone. Dougie’s eyes bored into mine. “I can take care of myself, Heidi.”
“I’m sorry, I…”
“I don’t want you to be sorry. I don’t want you to be anything,” he snapped, shoving away from the table and storming out the door. I stabbed a bit of fish finger on my fork and puffed. “It’s nothing you did, Heidi,” Danny said.
“He just has stuff going on,” Chloe added.
“What stuff?”
Danny shrugged and turned his attention back to his food. “You should know by now that it takes patience and a forgiving attitude to be friends with Dougie. He’s his own universe.”
After class, I went with Chloe to the boys’ room to find Dougie’s car gone. I went into his room and curled into a ball on his bed. Dougie had been fine that morning. As much time as we had spent together, I couldn’t believe I didn’t see that something had been bothering him. Not only that, it disturbed me that Chloe seemed to know what was going on and I didn’t. My breathing evened out and my eyes grew heavy, it wasn’t long before I fell asleep.
When my eyes opened again, the sky had darkened the room. Muffling voices filtered down the hallway from the living room, including Dougie’s harsh tone,
“Heidi gets it, Doug. Don’t beat yourself up,” Danny said.
“You’re going to the date party with her so what’s the harm in asking her out?” Chloe asked. I stiffened, waiting for his response. “I don’t want to date her; I just want to be around her. She’s…different.”
“Different how?” Chloe asked, sounding irritated.
“She doesn’t put up with my bullshit, it’s refreshing. I feel I can trust her with anything. You’ve both said it yourselves, I’m not her type. That Alex bastard proves it, me and him are nothing alike,” his voice turned harsh when he spoke of Alex, then he sighed and his voice softened. “It’s just not…like that with us.” I tip-toed over to the door, pausing just in front of it. “You’re closer to her type than you know,” Chloe said. I backed up as quietly as I could, but when the floor creaked beneath my bare feet, I opened the door and walked down the hall. “Hey, how was your nap?” Chloe smiled.
“I was out for five hours. That’s closer to a coma than a nap.”
Dougie stared at me for a moment and when I smiled at him, he walked straight towards me, grabbed my hand, and pulled me down the hall to his bedroom. He shut the door, and I felt my heart pounding in my chest, bracing for him to say something else to crush my ego. His eyebrows pulled in. “I’m so sorry, babe. I was an arsehole to you earlier.” I relaxed a bit, seeing the remorse in his eyes. “I didn’t know you were mad at me.”
“I wasn’t mad at you. I just have a bad habit of lashing out at those I care about. It’s a shit excuse, I know, but I am sorry,” he said, enveloping me in his arms. I nestled my cheek against his chest, settling in.
“What were you mad about?”
“It would have been a month next Friday,” He whispered,
“Really? Already?” I didn’t seem like it had been that long. He nodded.
“I wont see you again after its over,” He whispered. I pulled my head away from his chest and looked at him.
“You will, I’ll see you every day in class,”
He shook his head, “It’s not the same. I see you every minute of the day when you’re here, I’ll only see you for like an hour when you’re not here,”
“I’ll see you after class and we can go out still like we do now. Don’t worry, Doug, you’re being silly,” I smiled. He shook his head,
“I’m not,” He pulled me back to him. After a couple of seconds of silence, he said, “That’s not important for now anyway, at least I’ve got you for now. The only thing I’m worried about right now is you.” I learned back to look up at him again.
“I can handle your temper tantrums.” His eyes scanned my face for several moments before a small smile spread across his lips.
“I don’t know why you put up with me, and I don’t know what I’d do if you didn’t.” I could smell the mixture of cigarettes and mint on his breath, and I looked at his lips, my body reacting to how close we were. Dougie’s expression changed and his breathing staggered- he had noticed too. He learned in slowly, and then we both jumped when there was a knock at the door followed by Danny’s voice. “We’re ordering a Chinese, come let us know what you want, you’ve got ten minutes then we’re calling them.” The rest of the night was perfect. I snuggled up to Dougie one sofa while Chloe and Danny done the same on the other. Dougie would either hold my hand or place a hand on my knee and kiss my cheek, forehead or nose whenever he got the opportunity. The lines were blurring again, and I wondered how we could spend the next week together without ruining everything. The loose ends of our friendship were tangling in a way I never imagined. “Look at you two. If I didn’t know any better…”
“Knock it off, Chlo,” Danny said. Chloe smiled as if she’d said too much.
“You two still going to the date party this weekend?” She asked.
“Of course,” Dougie grinned. Danny shot Dougie a look,
“You said you didn’t wanna go anymore,”
“Well I changed my mind again Dan, what’s the problem?”
“Nothing,” He grumbled, going to his bedroom.
Chloe frowned at Dougie. “You know what the problem is,” She said. “Why don’t you just stop driving him crazy and get it over with already?!” She joined Danny in his room, and their voices were reduced to murmuring behind the closed door. “Well, I’m glad everyone else knows,” I said. Dougie stood up.
“I’m going to take a quick shower.”
“Is there something going on with them?” I asked.
“No, he’s just being paranoid.”
“It’s about us,” I guessed. Dougie’s eyes lit up and he nodded.
“What?” I asked, eyeing him suspiciously.
“You’re right. It’s because of us. Don’t fall asleep, okay? I wanna talk to you about something. He walked backwards a few steps, and then disappeared into the bathroom. I was left in the living room mulling over the way he emphasized the word ‘us’, and the look on his face when he’d said it. I wondered if there had ever been lines at all, and I fi was the only one that considered Dougie and I just friends anymore. Danny burst into the living room and Chloe ran after him. “Dan, don’t!” She pleaded. He looked back to the bathroom door, and then to me. His voice was low, but angry.
“You promised, Heidi. When I told you to spare judgement and give him a chance, I didn’t mean for you two to get together! I thought you were just friends!”
“We are,” I said, confused and shaken by his surprise attack.
“No you’re not!” He fumed. Chloe touched his shoulder.
“Baby, I told you it will be fine.” He pulled away from her grip.
“Why are you pushing this, Chlo? I told you what’s going to happen!” She grabbed his face with both hands,
“And I told you it won’t! Don’t you trust me?” Danny sighed, looked at her, looked at the bathroom door then looked at me. He sighed again then stomped back into his bedroom. Chloe fell onto the sofa beside me and puffed. “I just can’t get it into his head that whether you and Dougie work out or not, it wont affect us. But he’s been hurt too many times, he doesn’t believe me.”
“What are you talking about? Dougie and I aint together. We’re just friends. You heard him earlier…he’s not interested in me like that.”
“You heard that?”
“Well, yeah.”
“And you believe that?”
I shrugged. “It doesn’t matter. It’ll never happen. He told me he doesn’t see me like that, he’s a total commitment-phobe, I’d be hard pressed to find a girlfriend outside of you that he hasn’t slept with, and I cant keep up with his mood swings. I can’t believe Dan thinks otherwise.”
“Because not only does he know Dougie, he’s also talked to him, Heidi.”
“What do you mean?”
“Chlo?” Danny called from his bedroom. Chloe sighed.
“You’re my best friend. I think I know you better than you know yourself sometimes. I see you two together and the only different between me and Dan, and you and Dougie, is that we’re having sex. Other than that? No difference,”
“There is a huge, huge difference. Is Dan bringing home different girls every night? Are you going out tomorrow evening to hang out with a guy at his place with the risk of something possibly happening? You know I can’t get involved with Dougie, I don’t even know why we’re discussing it.”
Chloe’s expression turned to disappointment. “I’m not seeing things, Heidi. You spend almost every moment with him and you have for the past three weeks. Admit it, you have feelings for him.”
“Leave it, Chloe,” Dougie said, tightening his towel around his waist. Chloe and I both jumped at the sound of Dougie’s voice, and when my eyes met his, I could see the happiness was gone. He walked down the hall without another word.
“I think you’re making a big mistake,” She said with a sad expression, “You don’t need to go anywhere for a guy when there’s one here who’s crazy about you, but you’re too wrapped up in your own little world to notice,” she said, leaving me alone as she went into Danny’s room.
I let everything that happened that week replay in my mind. Danny was angry with me, Chloe was disappointed in me, and Dougie…he went from being happier than I’d ever seen him, to so offended he was speechless. Too nervous to crawl into bed with him, I watched the click minute to minute. An hour had passed when Dougie came out of his room and down the hall. I expected him to ask me to come to bed, but he was dressed and had his car keys in his hand. He grabbed the door handle, “You’re leaving? Where you going?” I asked.
“Out,” He said, yanking the door open then slamming it closed behind him. I fell back on the sofa and huffed. I had somehow become villain and had no idea how I’d managed to get there. When the clock reached two a.m, I finally crawled into bed. The mattress was lonely without him, and the idea of calling his mobile crept into my mind.
I had nearly fallen asleep when the front door woke me up. I was about to go see him until I heard several footsteps and laughing and mumbling of his and two female vioces. Their giggling was interrupted by the distinct sound of kissing and moaning. My heart sank, and I was instantly angry that I felt that way. My eyes clenched shut when one girl squealed, then I was sure the next sound was the three of them collapsing onto the sofa. I buried my head under my pillow.
The door popped open and Dougie walked across the room, opened the top drawer of his night table and picked out what I assumed were two condoms. He closed the drawer then jogged down the hall. The girls were giggling for what seemed like half an hour, and then it was quiet. Seconds later, moans, humming and shouting filled the place. It sounded as if a porno movie was being filmed in the living room. I covered my face with my hands, and shook my head. Whatever lines had blurred or disappeared in the last week between Dougie and I, an impenetrable stone wall had gone up in their place. I shook off my ridiculous emotions, forcing myself to relax. Dougie was Dougie, and we were without a doubt, friends and only friends. The shouting and other nauseating noises quieted down after an hour, followed by whining and grumbling of the girls getting dismissed.
Dougie showered and then collapsed onto his side of the bed, turning his back to me.
Even after his shower, he smelled like he’s consumed enough alcohol to sedate an elephant. I was livid that he’d driven in such a state. I took a blanket from the wardrobe then went through to the living room.
The only evidence from Dougie’s threesome were two empty condom wrapped. I flopped onto the ‘un-used’ sofa and closed my eyes. When I opened them again the sun was shining in and Danny and Chloe were sitting quietly on the other sofa, watching the muted television. Chloe’s attention darted to me as she rushed to my side.
“I’m sorry about last night, Heidi. This is my fault,” Danny looked miserable. I smiled.
“It’s okay, Dan. You don’t need to apologise for anything.” Chloe and Danny exchanged glances then she grabbed my hand.
“Dougie went to the shops. He is…ugh, it doesn’t matter what he is. I packed your stuff and I’ll take you to our room before he comes back.” It wasn’t until that moment that I felt like crying; I had been kicked out. I worked to keep my voice smooth before I spoke. “Do I have time to take a shower?”
Chloe shook her head. “Let’s just go, Heidi, I don’t want you to have to see him. He doesn’t deserve to…” The door flew open and Dougie walked in, his hands filled with shopping bags. He walked straight into the kitchen, furiously working to get the cans, boxes and packets into the cabinets and fridge.
“When Heidi wakes up, let me know, okay?” He said in a soft voice. “I got spaghetti, pancake stuff, I thought it would be fun to make them together. I also got chocolate spread, coco pops, oh and these burgers, she likes burgers, right, Chlo?” he asked, turning. When he saw me, he froze. After an awkward pause, his expression melted, and his voice was smooth and sweet, “Hey, babe,” I couldn’t have been more confused if I had woken up in a foreign country. Nothing made sense. At first I thought I had been kicked out, and then Dougie comes home with bags full of my favourite foods.
He took a few steps into the living room, nervously shoving his hands in his pockets.
“You hungry? We could make some pancakes, or there’s coco pops. And I got you some of that foamy shit that girls shave with, and a hairdryer, and a…a… just a sec, it’s in here,” he said, rushing into the bedroom. The door opened, shut, and then he came back out, the colour drained from his face. He took a deep breath and his eyebrows pulled in. “Your stuffs packed.” I nodded. “You’re leaving,” he said, defeated. I looked at Chloe who flowered at Dougie as if she could kill him, you actually expected her to stay?”
“Baby,” Danny whispered.
“Don’t start fucking with me, Dan. Don’t you dare defend him to me,” Chloe seethed. Dougie looked desperate.
“I am so sorry, babe. I don’t even know what to say.”
“Come on, Heidi,” Chloe said. She stood up and pulled on my arm. Dougie took a step, but Chloe pointed her finger at him. “Dougie! If you try to stop her, I will cut your dick off while you sleep!” I winced at her harsh words.
“Chloe,” Danny said, sounding a bit desperate himself. I could see that he was torn between his cousin and the woman he loved, and I felt terrible for him.
“I’m fine,” I said, exasperated by the tension in the room.
“What do you mean you’re fine?” Danny asked, almost hopeful. I rolled my eyes,
“Dougie brought women home last night, so what? Isn’t that part of his entire lifestyle?” I couldn’t help that little dig at him.
“Aren’t you bothered by it?” Chloe asked.
“Why should I be? It’s his place, what he does inside here has nothing to do with me.” Chloe stared at me as if I’d lost my mind, Danny was on the verge of a smile, and Dougie looked worse than before.
“You didn’t pack your things?” He asked. I shook my head, and looked at the clock; it was just after three in the afternoon. “No, and now I’m going to have to unpack it all. I still have to eat, and shower, and get dressed, all in two hours. I’m glad I am going out though, too much drama here,” I said, walking to the bathroom. Once inside, the door closed behind me and I leaned against it, sliding onto the floor.
I had pissed Chloe off beyond repair, but I had made a promise to Danny and I intended on keeping it. A soft knock on the door tapped above me. “Babe?” Dougie said.
“Yeah?” I tried to sound normal.
“You’re staying?”
“I can go if you want me to, but a bet’s a bet.” The door vibrated with the soft bump of Dougie’s head against the door.
“I don’t want you to leave, but if you did, I wouldn’t blame you.”
“Are you saying I’m released from the bet?” There was a long pause.
“If I say yes, will you leave?”
“Well, yeah. I don’t live here, silly,” I said, forcing a small laugh.
“Then no, the bet’s still in effect.” I looked up and shook my head, feeling the tears burn my eyes. I had no idea why I was crying, but I couldn’t stop. “Can I take a shower now?”
“Yeah…” he sighed. I heard Chloe’s footsteps enter the hall and stomp by Dougie.
“You’re a selfish bastard,” she growled, slamming Danny’s door.
I got up and turned on the shower, undressed, pulling the curtain behind me.
After another knock on the door, Dougie cleared his throat. “Babe? I brought some of your stuff.”
“Just set it on the sink. I’ll get it.” Dougie walked in and shut the door behind him.
“I was mad. I heard you spitting out everything that’s wrong with me to Chloe and it just pissed me off, you’re my best friend. I just meant to go out and sort my head out. Then I get rat arsed, and them girls…” he paused. “I woke up this morning and you weren’t in bed, and when I found you on the recliner and saw the wrapped on the floor, I felt sick. I wish I can turn back time to just before you had the conversation with Chloe, things could be a lot difference between us right now.”
“You could have just asked me instead of spending all that money at the shop just to bribe me to stay.”
“I don’t care about the money, babe. I was afraid you’d leave and never speak to me again.” I cringed at his explanation. I didn’t think about how it would make him feel to hear me talk about how wrong for me he was, and now the situation was too messed up to salvage.
“I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings,” I said, standing under the water.
“I know you didn’t. and I know it doesn’t what I say now, ‘cause I fucked things up…just like I always do.”
“Doug?”
“Yeah?”
“Don’t drive drunk anymore, okay?” I waited for a full minutes until he finally took a deep breath and spoke. “Yeah, okay,” he said, shutting the door behind him.
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Sat May 26, 2012 4:58 am

srhbksjrgklbjrklsejtrhb/lkbgjlkdfjbgkhltjg
I love this.
It's so cute.
I want her to ditch Alex. I've decided. Forget about Alex. Get with dougie and be cute together!!!!!
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Sat May 26, 2012 8:55 am

Woow, 3 chapters to catch up!!! O_O

Chapter 7
Haaaa the 1st paragraph is just legendary! Legendary moment between Doug and Heidi! xD

“You couldn’t even full a pair of speedos. Shut the fuck up.”
Wooo; IN.YA.FACE, silly! xD I love Heidi Razz

Chapter 8
Alex is sooo charming with her! (But I'm still Team Heigie! Wink )

Ahhh Dougie drunk is naughty but cute at the same time! I love you

Awwww they are so cute together! ♥️

Chapter 9
Wow I was feeling so awful for Heidi when Dougie brought these 2 girls! Eww...

It took me time to understand the thing about Heidi's stuffs being packed etc. ^^
So, Chloe wanted her to leave not to be around Dougie anymore so she packed her stuffs. Danny doesn't mind if she stays but she has to do nothing with Doug. Did I get it?

Super chapters! Seriously, this is the best! ♥️ I love this story more than ever! I love you
Thanks sooo much for it!

Can't wait to read what's next! bounce xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Sun May 27, 2012 3:07 am

HannaWestwood wrote:Woow, 3 chapters to catch up!!! O_O

Chapter 7
Haaaa the 1st paragraph is just legendary! Legendary moment between Doug and Heidi! xD

“You couldn’t even full a pair of speedos. Shut the fuck up.”
Wooo; IN.YA.FACE, silly! xD I love Heidi Razz

Chapter 8
Alex is sooo charming with her! (But I'm still Team Heigie! Wink )

Ahhh Dougie drunk is naughty but cute at the same time! I love you

Awwww they are so cute together! ♥️

Chapter 9
Wow I was feeling so awful for Heidi when Dougie brought these 2 girls! Eww...

It took me time to understand the thing about Heidi's stuffs being packed etc. ^^
So, Chloe wanted her to leave not to be around Dougie anymore so she packed her stuffs. Danny doesn't mind if she stays but she has to do nothing with Doug. Did I get it?

Super chapters! Seriously, this is the best! ♥️ I love this story more than ever! I love you
Thanks sooo much for it!

Can't wait to read what's next! bounce xXx

Hahaa yes you did get it pretty much! Very Happy
I'll post the next chapter now Very Happy
xxx
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Sun May 27, 2012 3:11 am

♥ C H A P T E R | T E N ♥
“Come in,” I called, hearing a knock on the door. Dougie walked in, and froze in the doorway. “Wow.”
I smiled and looked down at my dress. A bustier that elongated into a shirt skirt, it was admittedly more daring than I had worn in the past. The material was thin black, and see-through over a nude shell. Alex would be at the party, and I had every intention on impressing.
“You look amazing,” he said as I slid on my heels. I gave his navy shirt and black jeans an approving nod. “You look nice, too.” His sleeves were bunched above his elbows, he wore dozens of wristbands on both wrists. Chloe and Danny waited for us in the living room. “Alex is going to jizz in his pants when he sees you!” Chloe giggled as Danny as Danny led the way to the car. Dougie opened the door. I’d sat next to him countless amounts of times, but today was very awkward. We arrived at the overflowing house where the date party was being held. Dougie bright me a large plastic cup full of what smelt like Cider, and then leaned in to whisper in my ear. “Don’t take these from anyone but me and Dan.” I rolled my eyes,
“No one’s gonna slip anything in my drink, Dougie, I’ll be fine.”
An hour had passed and Alex still hadn’t shown. Danny and Chloe were dancing to a slow song in the living room when Dougie tugged on my hand. “Wanna dance?”
“No thanks,” I said. His face fell and I touched his shoulder. “I’m just tired, Doug.” He put his hand on mine and began to speak, but when I looked past him, I saw that Alex was walking towards us.
Dougie noticed my expression and turned. “Hey, beautiful!” Alex grinned.
“You wanna dance?” I wrinkled my nose and shook my head.
“Nah, I’m kinda tired.”
“You fancy getting some air, then?” I nodded, then followed Alex outside into the garden. We sat at a far corner under the huge gazeeboe. “You cold beautiful?” He asked,
“A little chilly,” I agreed. He slipped his leather jacket off and helped me put it on. We sat outside for an hour talking about everything. Alex even asked about how Dougie and I became such good friends, I left out any unnecessary details. “I wouldn’t mention him, but you two seem to be the topic of conversation. I know you’re not together properly, so you can see him if you want, but I need you to know, I haven’t even looked at another girl since you.”
“Great,” I murmured.
“It does seem kinda unusual for Dougie. People don’t understand your relationship, neither do I, to be honest.”
“Are you asking if I’m sleeping with him?”
He smiled. “You wouldn’t be here with him if you were. I’ve known him since we were fourteen and I’m well aware of how he operates. I’m curious though,”
“It is what it is,” I shrugged. “We hang out, eat, watch TV, study and argue. That’s about it.” Alex laughed out loud, shaking his head at my honesty. “I’ve heard you’re the only one who’s allowed to put Dougie in his place. That’s an honourable title.”
“Whatever that means. He’s not as bad as everyone makes him out to be.”
The hours went by and the sky turned pink as the sun broke above the horizon. “You three can go ahead, Alex offered me a lift home.”
“What?” Dougie asked, angry.
“Is there a problem?” Chloe asked him. He glared at Chloe, then pulled me around the corner,
“I aint letting you ride home with him. He knows you’ve been drinking what if he tries to take advantage?”
“He knows I’m not ready for that and so do you, no worries.”
“I’ll kill him if he touches you,” He grumbled. I glared at him then he said, “Fine, go with him. But if he ends up holding you down on the back seats, don’t come crying to me.” My mouth popped open, offended and instantly furious.
“Don’t worry, I wont!” I said, brushing past him. Dougie grabbed my arm and sighed, peering up at me over his shoulder.
“I didn’t mean it, babe. If he hurts you or makes you feel uncomfortable - you tell me right away.” The anger subsided.
“I know you didn’t. he wont do that, Doug. But you have to stop with this over-protective big brother stuff you’ve got going on.” Dougie laughed once.
“I’m not playing the big brother, babe. Not even close.”
Alex rounded the corner and pushed his hands inside his pockets, offering his elbow to me.
“All set?” Dougie clenched his jaw, and I stepped to the side of Alex and walked with him a few steps. I turned to say goodbye to Dougie, but he was glowering at the back of Alex’s head. His eyes darted to me and then his features smoothed. “Stop it,” I said, through gritted teeth, following Alex through the remaining crowds. I looked for Alex’s Range Rover amongst the other cars but couldn’t see it. He pressed his key and a different large car flashed. “I decided to get a new car. I saw this BMW X6 Sport and had to get it,” he grinned as he opened the door for me. Inside was just as lovely as the outside. It was all black leather. “I’m guessing this car is your new love?” I chuckled. I remembered Dougie telling me his car is the love of his life.
“No, it’s a car. The love of my life will be a woman with my last name.” I allowed a small smile, trying not to be overly affected by his sentiment.
The whole way to Dougie’s, Alex held my hand as he always does. When we pulled up outside of the building, he turned to me, “I wanna talk to you,” he said. My heart started racing with worry. “I’m beginning to really like you, Heidi. And I know you said you’re only friends with Dougie, so what do you say about us? Like I mean, can I start calling you my girlfriend?” This made the corners of my mouth turn up as I nodded. Alex’s dimple appeared as he learnt over to kiss me soft and passionately. “I’ll text you later, beautiful,”
“Okay, bye.”
I went to open the door to the boys’ room and almost fell through as Dougie opened it instead, I walked in and had to jerk my head back to stop the door catching me in the face as Dougie slammed it shut. “What?” I snapped. He shook his head, and walked into his bedroom. I followed him and hopped on one food trying to pull my heel off. He sighed and let me lean on him as he pulled it off, followed by the other. “I just don’t trust him,” He tossed both of my heels into the back of the wardrobe.
“There’s nothing to not trust about him, Dougie.”
“But there’s nothing to trust about him, either, I just don’t want you to get hurt, babe.” He let his now undone shirt fall to the floor with his jeans and climbed under the sheets. I shimmied out of my dress and replaced it with one of Dougie’s t-shirts, I unhooked my bra, pulling I through the sleeve. When I wrapped my hair into a bun on top of my head, I noticed him staring.
“I’m sure there’s nothing I have that you haven’t seen before,” I said, rolling my eyes. I slid under the sheets and settles against my pillow, curling into a ball. I stiffened when I felt his hand rest on my hip. “I was meant to play a gig tonight, but I told them I weren’t feeling well.” I wandered where Danny and Chloe had got to, it’s a good thing Danny hadn’t been drinking much.
“Why?”
“I wanted to make sure you got home.”
I wrinkled my nose. “You don’t have to babysit me.” He traced the length of my arm with his finger, sending shivers up my spine. “I know. I guess I still feel bad about the other night.”
“I told you I didn’t care.”
He sat up on his elbow, a dubious frown on his face. “Is that why you slept on the sofa? Because you didn’t care?”
“I couldn’t sleep after your…friends left.”
“You slept just fine on the sofa. Why couldn’t you sleep with me?”
“You mean next to a guy who still smelt of the bar flies you had just sent home? I don’t know! How selfish of me!”
Dougie winced, “I said I was sorry.”
“And I said I didn’t care. Goodnight,” I said, turning over.
Several moments of silence passed. He slid his hand across the top of my pillow resting his hand on mine. He caressed my hand then pressed his lips against my hair. “As worried as I was that you’d never speak to me again…I think it’s worse that you’re indifferent.”
My eyes closed. “What do you want from me, Dougie? You don’t want me to be upset about what you did, but you want me to care. You tell Chloe that you don’t want to date me, but you get so pissed off when I say the same thing, that you storm out and get ridiculously drunk. You don’t make any sense.”
“Is that why you said those things to Chloe? ‘Cause I said I wouldn’t date you?” My teeth clenched. He had just insinuated that I was playing games with him. I formed the most direct answer I could think of. “No, I meant what I said. I just didn’t mean it as an insult.”
Dougie sighed, “I just said that ‘cause,” He scratched his head nervously, “I don’t want to ruin anything, babe. I wouldn’t even know how to go about being who you deserve. I was just trying to get it worked out in my head.”
“Whatever that means. I can’t be having this conversation, I have a boyfriend now.”
“You’re properly together now?” he asked, anger seeping through his tone.
“Yes. Can I please go to sleep?”
“Sure,” he said, shoving himself off the bed and slamming the door behind him. The sofa’s springs squeaked under his weight, then muffled voices from the television drifted down the hall. I forced my eyes shut and tried to calm down enough to doze off, even if it was just for a few hours.
The clock read three P.M when I peeled my eyes open. I looked at my phone which told me I had a message from Alex. The message read:
‘Sweet dreams beautiful. I’ll stop by later on with an early birthday present! Alex xxxx’
I hate surprises! I grabbed my dressing gown and a towel from the hallway cupboard, then trudged into the bathroom. As soon as I closed the shower curtain, the door opened and shut. I waited for someone to speak, but the only sound was the toilet seat smacking against the back. “Dougie?”
“Nope, it’s me,” Chloe said.
“Do you have to piss in here?”
“Danny’s been in our bathroom for over half hour, I’m not going in there after!” I scrunched my nose with disgust. “I hear you officially have a boyfriend. Dougie is so pissed off!” She lilted.
“He is so sweet, Chloe. He’s just…” I trailed off, sighing. I was gushing, and it wasn’t like me to gush. I kept thinking about how perfect he had been since the day we met. He was exactly what I needed, the polar opposite of Dougie.
“Rendered you speechless?” She giggled.
I poked my head out of the curtain. “I didn’t want to come home last night, I never wanna come home when I’m with him, I could be around him forever! He’s stopping by in a bit to give me an early birthday present, he said.”
“Sounds promising. isn’t it kind of weird that you’re here, though?” I ducked under the water, getting rid of the goosebumps that had formed all over my body.
“I explained it to him.”
The toilet flushed, and the sink tap turned on, making the water flash cold for a moment. I cried out and the door flew open.
“Babe?” Dougie said.
Chloe laughed. “I just flushed the toilet, Doug, calm down.”
“Oh. You all right, babe?”
“I’m great. Get out.” The door shut again and I sighed. “Is it too much to ask for locks on the doors?” Chloe didn’t answer. “Chlo?”
“It’s really too bad you two couldn’t get on the same page. You’re the only girl who could’ve…” she sighed. “Never mind. It doesn’t matter, now,” I turned the water off and wrapped myself in a towel.
“You’re as bad as he is. It’s a sickness…no one here makes sense. You’re pissed off at him, remember?”
“I know,” she nodded.
I turned on my new hairdryer and began the process of making myself presentable for when Alex arrives.
I took one final glance at myself in the mirror, my curled hair, my red nails and red sun-dress. Guilt washed over me as I looked. Dougie was trying so hard, and I was being a stubborn brat. I walked out into the living room and Dougie smiled, not the reaction I expected at all.
“You…are beautiful. You going out?
“Thank you,” I said rattled by the absence of irritation or jealousy in his voice. “Nope, I’m in tonight,”
Danny whistled as he walked out of his bedroom with Chloe, “Look at you!”
The door bell chimed. I opened the door, Alex held a small bouquet of flowers. “Hey, beautiful,” He grinned. I stepped out into the hallway and closed the door slightly behind me. He gave me a long, but soft kiss then handed me the flowers. He had given me flowers every time I’d seen him outside of class, except yesterday. “Thanks,” I smiled. He gave me a quick once over, from my dress to my bare feet, which I had also painted them nails red. “You’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever seen,” I giggled and blushed with embarrassment. “You know, I have to admit I was kind of nervous coming to the door, I thought Dougie might answer. Going to the door of Dougie Poynter’s to pick up my girlfriend, who happens to have also captured Dougie’s heart and made him madly in love with her,” he chuckled.
“Dougie is not in love with me. He can barely stand to be near me sometimes.”
“Then it’s a love/hate relationship? ‘Cause when I broke it to my brothers that I’d asked you to be my girlfriend, they all said the same thing. He’s been behaving so irrationally - even more than usual - that they’ve all came to the same conclusion.”
“They’re wrong,” I insisted. Alex shook his head as if I were utterly clueless.
“I gotta get going, I just wanted to give you this.” He took our a square shaped black box and opened it. Inside was a gorgeous silver bracelet with a diamond heart in the middle. Alex watched my expression. “You don’t like it?”
“No, yeah I love it! But it must have cost loads, Alex. I can’t accept this,”
“Get used to it, sweetheart. When you’re my girlfriend, you get the best.” He said, slipping the bracelet on my wrist. I looked down at it, “It’s beautiful, Alex, thank you.” I tip-toed up and threw my arms around him.
He chuckled, “It’s fine. Listen, I gotta get going, I got someone coming to look at the gym, hopefully I’ll get a good price for them to decorate it. I’ll see you tomorrow in class,” he smiled. I kissed him on the cheek then headed back inside. As I suspected, Dougie was standing there waiting. He shook his head at me and walked into the bedroom. I’m not even gonna bother asking what his problem is.

Last edited by ChloeRussellx on Mon May 28, 2012 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Sun May 27, 2012 6:17 am

I have a sneaky suspicion that Alex isn't all nicey nicey!!!!!
More soon! I love this :3
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Sun May 27, 2012 7:26 am

Finally read this: I love it! Very Happy

“Get used to it, sweetheart. When you’re my girlfriend, you get the best.” He said, slipping the bracelet on my wrist.

Ooooh I don't like this kind of remark... The fact he bought that and a new car is like he's trying to impress her with his money and that's really pissing me off! (but not as much as Dougie though Rolling Eyes )

Can't wait to read next chapters ♥️
Team Heigie all the way! xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Sun May 27, 2012 7:33 am

^ Team Heigie. I like it!!
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 am

if looks could kill wrote:I have a sneaky suspicion that Alex isn't all nicey nicey!!!!!
More soon! I love this :3

I'll post the next chapter in a minute Very Happy
Thanks for reading! <3
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Mon May 28, 2012 2:38 am

HannaWestwood wrote:Finally read this: I love it! Very Happy

“Get used to it, sweetheart. When you’re my girlfriend, you get the best.” He said, slipping the bracelet on my wrist.

Ooooh I don't like this kind of remark... The fact he bought that and a new car is like he's trying to impress her with his money and that's really pissing me off! (but not as much as Dougie though Rolling Eyes )

Can't wait to read next chapters ♥️
Team Heigie all the way! xXx

I've sorted out the chapter Very Happy
I got too carried away with the copying and pasting I think Wink
I wondered why the chapter was so long and I didn't realise :')

Yes, he is flashing his cash about to impress her!
But Heidi being the good girl she is, isn't taking advantage of this ;D
Team Heigie, love it! :')
I'll post the next chapter now ;D
xxx
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Mon May 28, 2012 2:39 am

♥ C H A P T E R | E L E V E N ♥
The next day at lunch, Alex met me in the cafeteria and surprised everyone when he sat in Dougie’s seat. When Dougie finished his cigarette and came inside, he walked past Alex with indifference, sitting at the end of the table. A girl approached him, but was instantly disappointed when he waved her off. Everyone at the table was quiet after that, and I found it difficult to focus on anything Alex talked about.
“I’m assuming I wasn’t invited,” Alex said, catching my attention.
“What?”
“I heard your birthday party is on Sunday. I wasn’t invited?” Chloe peeked at Dougie, who was glaring at Alex as if he was seconds away from ripping his head off.
“It was a surprise party, Alex,” Chloe said, softly.
“Oh,” Alex said, cringing.
“You’re throwing me a surprise party?”
Chloe shrugged. “It was Doug’s idea. It’s at Tom’s on Sunday, six o’clock.”
Alex cheeks flushed a faint red. “I suppose I’m really not invited, now.”
“No! Of course you are!” I said, holding his hand on top of the table. Twelve pairs of eyes zeroed in one our hands. Alex seemed to not mind the attention, but I pulled my hands onto my lap. Alex stood up. “I have a few things I need to do. I’ll call you later.” I nodded with a smile. Alex leaned over to kiss me, which I returned. The silence had spread right across the cafeteria, and Chloe elbows me after Alex walked out.
“Isn’t it creepy how everyone watches you?” she whispered, glancing around the room with a frown. “What?” Chloe yelled. “Mind your own business, nosey bastards! One by one, heads turned and murmuring ensued.
I covered my eyes with my hands. “You know, before I was pathetic because I was thought to be Dougie’s poor clueless girlfriend. Now I’m evil because everyone thinks I’m bouncing back and forth between Dougie and Alex like a ping pong ball.” When Chloe didn’t comment, I looked up.
“What? Don’t tell me you’re buying into that crap too!”
“I didn’t say anything!” she said.
I stared at her in disbelief. “But that’s what you think?”
Chloe shook her head, but she didn’t speak. The icy stares from the other students were suddenly apparent and I stood up, walking to the end of the table.
“We need to talk,” I said, tapping Dougie’s shoulder. I tried to sound polite, but the anger bubbling inside me put an edge to my words. The entire student population, including my best friend, thought I was juggling two men. There was only one solution.
“Go on, what do you wanna talk about?” He bit into his slice of pizza. I fidgeted, noticing the curious eyes of everyone. When Dougie still didn’t move, I grabbed his arm and gave it a good tug. He stood up and followed me outside with a grin on his face. “What babe?” he said, looking at my hand on his arm and then at me.
“You’ve gotta let me out of the bet,” I begged.
His face fell, “You want to leave? Why? What’d I do?”
“You didn’t do anything, Doug. Haven’t you noticed everyone staring? I am quickly becoming the most hated person on campus.”
Dougie shook his head and lit a cigarette. “Not my problem.”
“Yes it is. Alex said everyone thinks he has a death wish because you’re in love with me.”
Dougie’s eyebrows shot up and he choked on the puff of smoke he’d just inhaled. “People are saying that?” he said between coughs. I nodded. He looked away with wide-eyes, taking another drag.
“Dougie! You have to release me from the bet! I can’t be with Alex and live with you at the same time. It looks terrible!”
“So break up with Alex.”
I glared at him. “That’s not the problem and you know it.”
“Is that the only reason you want to leave? Because of what people are saying?”
“At least before I was clueless and you were the bad guy,” I grumbled.
“Answer the question, babe.”
“Yes!”
Dougie looked beyond me to the students entering and leaving the cafeteria. He was deliberating, and I grew impatient while he took his time making his decision.
Finally, he stood tall, resolved. “No.”
I shook my head, sure that I had misunderstood. “Excuse me?”
“No. you said so yourself: a bet’s a bet. After the month’s up, you’ll be with Alex, he’ll become a business owner, you’ll get married, have your steroid filled children, and I’ll never see you again.” He grimaced at his own words. “I have a little while left with you, I’m not giving it up for lunch room gossip.”
I looked through the glass window to see the entire cafeteria watching us. The unwelcome attention made my eyes burn. I shouldered past him to walk back to the apartment.

Chloe stood up to look at herself in the mirror, combing her fingers through her hair. “Dan wants to check out that new Italian place tonight if you two wanna go.”
Dougie shook his head. “I thought me and Heidi could go alone tonight.”
“I think it’ll be nice for us to all go together,” I said.
The doorbell rang and I hurried past Dougie to get it. As I expected, Alex was standing there. “Do you ever look less than gorgeous?” he smiled.
“Based on the first time she came over here, I’m going to say yes,” Dougie said from behind me. I rolled my eyes and smiled.
“I only came over to do this,” Alex said, then crushed his lips against mine. I giggled when he pulled away.
“I’ll see you tomorrow,” he winked and kissed me again before walking away.
When I shut the door, I looked at Dougie who was scowling at the floor. He looked up just in time for me to throw my arms around him. He stiffened with surprise and then relaxed, pulling me tight against him. I looked into his eyes and smiled. “Thanks for organizing my birthday party. And how about dinner, just us two, now?” a dozen of emotions scrolled across Dougie’s face. “Absolutely.”
We ended up having to walk home after dinner, Dougie decided to intoxicate himself at the bar after. We got inside the apartment and Dougie randomly said, “I would never have guessed you’re a virgin by the way you danced with me at Drew’s party that night.”
“Okay Dougie, very funny,” I rolled my eyes. Dougie attempted to follow me, but tripped on the corner of the sofa and fell, rolling onto his back and laughing hysterically.
“What are you doing? Get up!” I said, helping him to his feet.
He hooked his arm around my neck. Chloe and Danny were already in bed, so with no help in sight, I kicked off my heels to avoid breaking my ankles while pulling me with him. When we landed, my face was just inches from his. His expression was suddenly serious. He leaned up, nearly kissing me, but I pushed him away. Dougie’s eyebrows pulled in.
“Knock it off, Doug,” I said. He held me tight against him until I quit struggling, and then he flicked the strap of my dress, causing it to hang off my shoulder.
“Every since the day the word virgin came out of those beautiful lips of yours…I’ve had a huge urge to help you out of every piece of clothing you’ve worn. Like right now, I’d be more than happy to help you out of that dress.”
“Well, that’s too bad. You’re always ready to kill Alex if he touches me, so don’t be a hypocrite.”
“Fuck Alex. He doesn’t know you like I do.”
“Doug, c’mon. Let’s get your clothes off and get you in bed.”
“That’s what I’m talkin’ about,” he chuckled.
“How much did you drink? I lost count,” I asked, finally getting my footing between his legs.
“Enough,” he smiled, pulling at the hem of my dress.
“You probably surpassed enough, a gallon ago,” I said, slapping his hand away. I planted a knee on the mattress beside him, and pulled his t-shirt over his head. He reached for me again and I grabbed his wrist. I sniffed at the pungent stench in the air. “God, Doug, you reek of Jack Daniels. It smells of burnt wood and chemicals.”
“Tastes like it too,” he laughed. I pulled open his belt buckle and yanked it from the loops. He laughed with the jerking motion, and then lifted his head to look at me. “Better guard your virginity, babe. You know I like it rough.”
“Shut up,” I said, unbuttoning his jeans, slipping them over his hips, and then off his legs. I threw the denim to the floor and stood with my hands on my hips, breathing hard. His legs were hanging off the end of the bed, his eyes closed and his breathing deep and heavy. He had passed out. I took a deep breath and walked over to the wardrobe, shaking my head as I rifled through our clothes. I unzipped my dress and shoved it down over my hips, letting it fall to my ankles. Kicking it into the corner, I pulled my hair band out of my hair and shook my hair out.
I searched for a t-shirt amongst the mess of his and my clothes. As I pulled one from a hanger, Dougie slammed into my back, wrapping his arms around my waist.
“You scared the shit outta me!” I complained.
He ran his hands over my skin. I noticed they felt different; slow and deliberate. I closed my eyes when he pulled me against him and buried his face into my hair, nuzzling my neck. Feeling his bare skin against mine, it took me a moment to protest. “Dougie…”
He pulled my hair to one side and grazed his lips along my back from one shoulder to the other, unsnapping the clasp of my bra. He kissed the bare skin at the base of my neck and I closed my eyes, the warm softness felt too good to make him stop. A quiet moan escaped from his throat when he pressed his pelvis against me, and I could feel how much he wanted me through his boxers. I held my breath, knowing the thing keeping us from going that big step I was so opposed to a few minutes ago, was two thin pieces of fabric.
Dougie turned me to face him, and then pressed against me, leaning my back against the wall. Our eyes met, and I could see the ache in his expression as he scanned the bare pieces of my skin. I had seen him persue women before, but this was different. He didn’t want to conquer me; he wanted me to say yes. He leaned in to kiss me, stopping just an inch away. I could feel the heat from his skin radiating against my lips, and I had to stop myself from drawing him in the rest of the way. His fingers were digging into my skin as he deliberated, and then his hands slid from my back to the hem of my knickers. His index finger slid down my hips, in between my skin and the lacey fabric, and in the same moment that he was about to slip the delicate threads down my legs, he hesitated. Just when I opened my mouth to say yes, he clenched his eyes shut.
“Not like this,” he whispered, brushing his lips across mine. “I want you, but not like this, not while I’m drunk.” He stumbled backwards, falling against the bed on his back. I stood there for a moment with my arms crossed across my stomach. When his breathing evened out, I shoved my arms through the t-shirt which was still in my hand, and yanked it over my head. Dougie didn’t move, and I blew out a slow breath of air, knowing I couldn’t restrain either of us if I crawled in bed and he woke up with a less honourable perspective.
I hurried to the sofa and collapsed into it, covering my face with my hands. I felt the layers of frustration dancing and crashing into each other inside of me. Dougie had waited until I was with someone - someone I truly liked - to show an interest in me, and I seemed to be the only girl he couldn’t bring himself to sleep with, even when he was wasted.
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by if looks could kill Tue May 29, 2012 2:03 am

klejgblkjbjkljsrljbkjrh
well I'm with Dougie. Finish Alex. I suspect him of being unfaithful ¬_¬
MORE SOOOOOOON!
if looks could kill
if looks could kill
Not Alone
Not Alone

Back to top Go down

Post by elisabethhh Tue May 29, 2012 2:56 am

oh my god Surprised
DOUGIE! HEIDI :O
omg !
I loved this Surprised
omg Surprised
Great chapters Very Happy
can't wait for more Very Happy
xxxxxx
elisabethhh
elisabethhh
We Are The Young
We Are The Young

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Tue May 29, 2012 7:05 am

“I’m assuming I wasn’t invited,” Alex said, catching my attention.
“What?”
“I heard your birthday party is on Sunday. I wasn’t invited?” Chloe peeked at Dougie, who was glaring at Alex as if he was seconds away from ripping his head off.
“It was a surprise party, Alex,” Chloe said, softly.
“Oh,” Alex said, cringing.

IDIOT! Alex, you IDIOT! Mad (and I'm staying polite here...)

“Mind your own business, nosey bastards! One by one, heads turned and murmuring ensued.
I love it Very Happy! I love you

“So break up with Alex.”
Aww Dougie! You're so fricking right! cheers

“Every since the day the word virgin came out of those beautiful lips of yours…I’ve had a huge urge to help you out of every piece of clothing you’ve worn. Like right now, I’d be more than happy to help you out of that dress.”

HOT! *O*
...Oh dear, Dougie being undressed by Heidi is like my fave part EVER! ♥️ (Naughty, naughty Twisted Evil Razz)

“Not like this,” he whispered, brushing his lips across mine. “I want you, but not like this, not while I’m drunk.”
OMG he's perfect... (I want my own Dougie!!! Crying or Very sad )

THIS was AMAZING! Full of sooo much emotions! Awww ♥️ (naughty emotions too ^o^)

ANYWAY, I LOVED IT!!! Very Happy xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Thu May 31, 2012 7:09 am

You can have the next chapter now! Very Happy
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Thu May 31, 2012 7:12 am

♥ C H A P T E R | T W E L V E ♥
The next morning, I poured orange juice into a tall glass, and took a sip as I bobbed my head to the music playing from my iPod. I’d woken before the sun, then squirmed on the sofa until eight. After that, I decided to clean the kitchen before the others got up. When the kitchen was sparkling, I grabbed the basket of clean clothes and sat on the couch, folding until there were piles of clothes surrounding me.
Murmuring came from Danny’s room, Chloe giggled and then it was quiet for a few minutes more, followed by noises that made me feel a bit uncomfortable sitting alone in the living room.
I stacked the piles of folded clothes in the basket and carried it to Dougie’s room, smiling when I saw that he hadn’t moved from the way he had fallen the night before. I set the basket down and pulled the blanket over him, stifling a laugh when he turned over.
“Okay, babe,” he said, mumbling something inaudible before his breathing returned to slow and deep. Dougie lay silent after that, so I went to take a shower, hoping the sound of someone up and about would quiet Danny and Chloe’s moans and the creaking and banging of the bed against the wall. When I turned off the water, I realised they weren’t worried about who could hear.
I combed my hair, rolling my eyes at their loud noises. The door bell rang, and I grabbed my dressing gown and tightened the belt, jogging to the door. The noises from Danny’s room immediately stopped, and I opened the door to Alex’s smiling face.
“Good morning,” he said.
“What you doing here?”
“I just wanted to check that you’re gonna wear your bracelet to your party tomorrow,”
“Of course I am, I don’t take it off other than to sleep or shower,” his face lit up.
“Good, I gotta get going, I’ll see you tomorrow, beautiful.” He kissed me long and passionate. When he pulled away he gave me another peck then walked off. I smiled to myself as I closed the door, I likes the way he comes round randomly for no reason.
“Morning, Heidi. How long you been up?” Chloe asked, her hair was sticking up all over the place and her cheeks were flushed.
“Long enough,” I scowled at her, causing her cheeks to flush even more which made me laugh. When Danny came out, in the same state as Chloe, we sat down to breakfast.
Dougie stumbled around the corner, looking a bit beat up.
“You guys are loud as fuck,” he groaned, buttoning his jeans. He downed the rest of my orange juice, then wiped his mouth.
“Who the hell let me drink that much last night?”
Chloe sneered, “You did. You must’ve drank it when you went to dinner with Heidi last night.”
“Oh,” he said, shaking his head. “Did you enjoy it last night?” he asked, looking at me.
“Are you serious?” I asked, showing my anger before thinking. Chloe laughed,
“She had to basically carry you back. We could hear you from our room.” Dougie’s eyes unfocused, scanning his memories of the night before. I worked to calm my temper. If he didn’t remember getting dragged to the bedroom, he wouldn’t remember how close I came to handling my virginity to him on a silver platter. “How pissed are you?” He asked, wincing.
“Pretty pissed,” I was angrier that my feelings had nothing to do with Alex. I tightened my dressing gown and stomped down the hall. Dougie’s footsteps were right behind me.
“Babe,” he said, catching the door when I shut it in his face. He slowly pushed it open and stood before me, waiting for me to explode.
“Do you remember anything you said to me last night?” I asked.
“No. Why? Was I mean to you?” his bloodshot eyes were heavy with worry, which only amplified my anger.
“No you weren’t mean to me! You…we…” I covered my eyes with my hands, and then froze when I felt Dougie’s hand on my wrist.
“Don’t be mad at me,” he pleaded. “I’ll let you get dressed.”
When he reached for the handle, he paused, rubbing his arm. As soon as his fingers touched the tender splatter of purple pooling under his skin, he pulled up his elbow and noticed the bruise. He stared at it for a moment, and then turned to me.
“I fell in the living room. And you helped me to bed…” he said, sifting through the blurry images in his mind. My heart was pounding and I swallowed hard as I watched realization strike. His eyes narrows. “We,” He began, taking a step toward me, looking at the closet, and then to the bed. “No we didn’t. Nothing happened,” I said, shaking my head.
“We nearly did though,” he said, I nodded. He turned for the door and grabbed the handle, his knuckles white. “You’re turning me into a fucking psycho, Heidi,” he growled over his shoulder. “I don’t think straight when I’m around you.”
“So it’s my fault?”
He turned. His eyes fell from my face to my dressing down, to my legs, then my feet, then returning to my eyes. “I don’t know. My memory is a little hazy…but I don’t recall you saying no.” I took a step forward, ready to argue that irrelevant fact, but I couldn’t. he was right. “What do you want me to say, Dougie?”
He looked at my bracelet then back to me with accusing eyes. “You were hoping I wouldn’t remember?”
“No! I was pissed off that you forgot!”
His blue/green eyes bored into mine. “Why?”
“Because if I would have…if we would have…if you didn’t…I don’t know why! I just was!”
He stormed across the room, stopping inches from me. His hands touched each side of my face, his breathing quick as he scanned my face. “What are we doing, babe?” My eyes began at his belt, and then rose over the muscles and tattoo of his chest and stomach, finally setting on the warm colour of his irises. “You tell me.”
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Thu May 31, 2012 7:13 am

The next chapter follows on from this one, but it was far too long as one, but I'll post it now Very Happy
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by ChloeRussellx Thu May 31, 2012 7:14 am

♥ C H A P T E R | T H I R T E E N ♥
“Heidi?” Danny said, knocking on the door.
“Chlo was going to run some errands, she wanted me to let you know in case you needed to go.”
Dougie hadn’t taken his eyes from mine. “Babe?”
“Yeah,” I called to Danny. “I have some stuff I need to take care of.”
“All right, she’s ready to go when you are,” Danny said, his footsteps disappearing down the hall.
“Babe?”
I pulled a few things from the wardrobe and slid past him, “Can we talk about this later? I have a lot to do today.”
“Sure,” he said with a contrived smile.
It was a relief when I reached the bathroom, hurriedly closing the door behind me. I had a couple of days left in the apartment and there was no way to put off the conversation for any longer. The logical part of my brain insisted that Alex was my type: attractive, smart and interested in me. Why I bothered with Dougie was something I would never understand.
Whatever the reason it was making us both insane. I had been divided into two separate people; the docile, polite person I was with Alex, and the angry, confused, frustrated person I turned into around Dougie. The entire school had witnessed Dougie going from unpredictable before, to damn near volatile.
In the car, Chloe giggled about her sexcapade with Danny and I listened with dutiful nods in all the right places. It was hard to focus on the topic at hand with the diamonds of the bracelet reflecting on the ceiling of the car, reminding me of the choice I was suddenly faced with. Dougie wanted an answer, and I didn’t have one.
“Okay, Heidi. What’s going on? You’ve been quiet.”
“This thing with Dougie…its just a mess.”
“Why?” she asked, her sunglasses pushing up when she wrinkled her nose.
“What are you doing? You properly with Alex or what?”
“Yeah, but its only been like a week. Nothing serious.”
“You have feelings for Dougie, don’t you?”
I shook my head, “I don’t know how I feel about him. I just don’t see it happening, Chlo. He’s too much of a bad thing.”
“Neither one of you will just come out and say it, that’s the problem. You’re both so scared of what might happen that you’re fighting it. I know for a fact that if you looked at Dougie in the eye and told him you wanted him, he would never look at another woman again.”
“You know that for a fact?”
“Yes. I have the inside track, remember?”
I paused in thought for a moment. Dougie had been talking to Danny about me, but Danny wouldn’t encourage a relationship by telling Chloe. He knew she would tell me, leading me to the only conclusion; Chloe had overheard them. I wanted to ask her what was said, but thought better of it.
“That situation is a broken heart just waiting to happen,” I said, shaking my head. “I don’t think he’s capable of being faithful.”
“He wasn’t capable of carrying on a friendship with a female either, but you two sure shocked the whole campus.”
I played with my bracelet and sighed. “I don’t know. I don’t mind how things are. We can just be friends.”
Chloe shook her head. “Except that you’re not just friends,” she sighed. “You know what? I’m over this conversation. Let’s go get our hair and makeup done. I’ll buy you a new outfit for your birthday.”
“I think that’s exactly what I need,” I smiled.
After hours of manicures, pedicures, being brushed, waxed and powdered, I stepped into my black strappy heels and tugged on my new, multicoloured dress. It was a mixture of red, purple, grey and white. It sat just below my bum and I had to attach a couple of spaghetti straps onto it. “Now that’s the Heidi I know and love!” she laughed shaking her head at my ensemble. “You have to wear that to your party tomorrow.”
“Wasn’t that the plan all along?” I asked.
My phone buzzed in my handbag, and I held it to my ear. “Hello?”
“It’s dinner time! Where the hell did you two run off to?” Dougie said. I forgot we were all going to dinner!
“We indulged in a little pampering. You and Dan knew to eat before we came along. I’m sure you can manage.”
“Well, no shit. We worry about you, ya know.” I looked at Chloe and smiled. “We’re fine.”
“Tell him I’ll have you back in no time. I have to stop at Tom’s place to get something for Dan, and then we’ll be home.”
“Did you get that?” I asked.
“Yep. See you in a bit then, babe.”
We drove to Tom’s in silence. Chloe turned the car off and looked at the building. “Tom creeps me out. The last time I was here with Dan he was being all flirty.”
“Even though he’s with Abby? Well, I’ll go in with you.”
Chloe smiled and hugged me, “Thanks, Heidi!”
We walked up to Tom’s apartment and Chloe knocked. When no one came, she banged irritated then the door swung open.
“HAPPY BIRTHDAY!” the crowd inside yelled.
The ceiling had pink and black balloons hanging from it, with silver strings hanging down in the faces of the guests. Dougie walked towards me with a broad smile, touching each side of my face and kissing my forehead. “Happy birthday, babe.”
“It’s not ‘til tomorrow,” I said, still in shock, I tried smiling at everyone around us.
Dougie shrugged. “Well, since you knew, we had to make some last minute changes to surprise you. Surprised?”
“Very!” I said. Chloe nudged me with her elbow.
“Good thing I got you to go run errands with me today or you should have shown up looking like an idiot!”
“You look great,” Dougie said, scanning my dress.
Tom let go of Abby and hugged me, “And I hope you know the ‘Tom is creepy’ story was just to get you here.”
I looked at Chloe and she laughed. “It worked, didn’t it?”
Once everyone took turns hugging me and wishing me happy birthday, I leaned into Chloe’s ear. “Where’s Alex?”
“He’ll be here later,” she whispered. “Dan couldn’t get him on the phone to let him know until this afternoon.”
Tom cranked up the volume on the stereo, and everyone screamed. “Come here, Heidi!” He said, walking to the kitchen counter and pulled out a bottle of Sambuca, there were shot glasses lined up along the counter.
“Happy birthday from us McFlyers, baby!” he smiled, pouring each shot glass full of Sambuca. “This is the way we do birthdays: even though you’re twenty-two, we’ll be nice. You have twenty shots. You can drink ‘em or give ‘em away, but the more you drink, the more of these you get,” he said, fanning out a handful of twenties.
I chucked a glass down my throat and slammed it onto the counter with a smug smile. Tom gave me a twenty, “Drink ‘em up, babe!” Dougie said.
“I get a twenty note after every single shot?”
“Yup. Judging by the size of you, I’m going to say we’ll get away with losing sixty wuid by the end of the night.”
“Are you in one this too?” I asked Dougie.
He shook his head with a smile, “Just Tom and Harry.”
I grabbed the second shot glass and threw it back.
“This is really a waste, guys. You can save your money now if you want? I said, picking the next glass up and drank it down. “Hell yeah!” Dougie laughed.
“I’ll make you another deal. When you get to fifteen, we’ll double the price.”
“I’ll make it to fifteen, easy!”
“Whoa! You’re not allowed to hospitalise yourself on your birthday, Heidi!” Danny cried.
“She can do it,” Chloe said.
An hour and six shots later, I was in the living room dancing with Dougie. He dipped me at the end of the first chorus of the song then popped me back up. “You’re not gonna be able to do that when I get into the double digit shots,” I giggled.
“Did I tell you how incredible you look tonight?” I shook my head and hugged him, laying my head on his shoulder. He tightened his grip, and buried his face in my neck, making me forget about decisions or bracelets or my separate personalities; I was exactly where I wanted to be. When the music changed to a faster beat, the door opened.
“Alex!” I said, running over to hug him. “You made it!”
“Sorry I’m late, beautiful,” he said, pressing his lips against mine. “Happy birthday.”
“Thanks,” I said, seeing Dougie stare at us from the corner of my eye.
Alex lifted my wrist. “You wore it,” he grinned.
“I said I don’t take it off!” Alex took his box from his jeans pocket. “You gotta wear these too,” he smiled. I opened the box and there lay a pair of earrings that matched the bracelet. “Alex! You cant keep buying me things!”
“Tough,” he winked. I put them in, “Beautiful!” Alex grinned.
“Thanks. You wanna witness my seventh shot of Sambuca?” I smiled, holding up my six twenties. “I make double if I get to fifteen.”
“Be careful!” He said.
I leaned into his ear. “I’m hustling them, I’ve played this game with my dad since I was sixteen.”
“You drank with your dad?”
I shrugged. “It was a way of bonding.”
“I can’t stay too long, I’m up early tomorrow.”
I pulled him with me to the kitchen, picking up another shot glass and drank it. Tom handed me another twenty and I danced into the living room.
Dougie grabbed me, and we danced with Chloe and Danny.
Danny slapped me on the bum, “One!”
Chloe added another swat on my backside, “Two!” the entire party joined in after that. At number twenty-two, Dougie rubbed his hands together. “My turn!”
I rubbed my poor bum. “Be nice! It’s sore!”
With an evil smirk, he reared his hand far above his shoulder. I closed my eyes tight. After a few moments, I peeked back. Just before his hand made contact, he stopped and gave me a gentle pat.
“Twenty-two!” he exclaimed.
The guests cheered, and Chloe started a drunken rendition of Happy Birthday. After the cheering was finished and everyone went back to their own thing, Alex glanced around the room, then led me to the hallway. He gently pressed me against the wall, kissing me with his soft lips. His hands were everywhere. At first I enjoyed it, then an image of Alex being replaced with Dougie filled my mind. I got the feeling that it was wrong imagining someone else. And Dougie of all people.
“Okay, Alex,” I said, manoeuvring away.
“Everything all right?”
“I just think it’s rude of me to be hidden away here when I have guests out there.”
He smiled and kissed me again. “You’re right, I’m sorry. I just wanted to give you a memorable birthday kiss before I left.”
“You’re leaving?”
He touched my cheek. “I have to be up in four hours, beautiful.”
“Okay, I’ll see you Monday?”
“You’ll see me tomorrow. I’ll stop by when I get back.”
He led me to the door and then kissed my cheek before he left. I noticed Dougie, Chloe and Danny were all staring at me. I walked over to them and Dougie pulled me to the kitchen counter. “You’re on schedule, babe.” I knocked back another shot, and laughed when Dougie took one form the end, sucking it down. I grabbed another and swallowed, and he done the same.
I wiped my mouth as Dougie pulled me to the living room again. I danced with Chloe, and then Danny, but when Jack, the lad who likes to wind up Dougie, tried to dance with me, Dougie pulled him back by his shirt and shook his head. Jack shrugged and turned, dancing with the first girl he saw.
The eleventh shot hit hard, and I felt a little dizzy standing on Tom’s sofa dancing like loons. I stumbled, nearly falling backward, but Dougie’s hands, were instantly on my hips to steady me.

“You’ve made your point. You’ve drank more than any girl we’ve ever seen. I’m cutting you off.” I shot him a dirty look, getting down from the sofa and going to get another shot. Dougie had emptied the other five shots on the other side of my fifteenth.
“She’s gonna drink them!” Tom exclaimed after I knocked back another couple and picked up number fifteen. “Heidi! You’re gonna die of alcohol poisoning!” Danny said.
“She’s got this, baby,” Chloe assured him.
The crowd erupted into yells and whistles as Tom handed me the pile of money. I tucked it away in my bra. “You are incredibly sexy right now,” Dougie said in my ear as we went to the living room. “Babe, will you stay with me a bit longer?” He asked, as he pulled me tight to him. “Not for long, just another like two weeks or so?” his expression was pleading. I couldn’t resist. That and the alcohol that was flowing through my bloodstream. “Two weeks longer and that’s it,” I said. He picked me up and spun me around,
“Thank you, babe!” he grinned and kissed me firmly on the cheek. It took a lot of willpower for me not to move my face and replace my cheek with my lips.
We danced into the morning, and the Sambuca running through my veins, eased me into oblivion.
ChloeRussellx
ChloeRussellx

Back to top Go down

Post by elisabethhh Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:44 am

Just read this and I have to say :O Heidi needs to calm down the drinking, no need to get alcohol poisning.
anyway Very Happy
Great chapters as always Wink
xxx
elisabethhh
elisabethhh
We Are The Young
We Are The Young

Back to top Go down

Post by HannaWestwood Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 am

AWESOME CHAPTERS! Awwww ♥️

“What you doing here?”
“I just wanted to check that you’re gonna wear your bracelet to your party tomorrow,”
“Of course I am, I don’t take it off other than to sleep or shower,” his face lit up.
“Good, I gotta get going, I’ll see you tomorrow, beautiful.” He kissed me long and passionate. When he pulled away he gave me another peck then walked off. I smiled to myself as I closed the door, I likes the way he comes round randomly for no reason.
“What you doing here?”

Er... Awkwaaaaaaard... STALKER!!! Grrrr Evil or Very Mad

I hate Alex... Heidi; just break up with him and have wild sex with Dougie!!! Twisted Evil

xXx
HannaWestwood
HannaWestwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum